Melrose @ CBHS

orangemoundwest

East did win the state about 6 years ago. He went to the playoffs every year. He averaged 9 or 10 wins for 10 straight years. Let's just say he was forced out and it had NOTHING to do with wins or losses or any misconduct or wrongdoing or $ on Wayne's part. He was blindsided. It was very unfortunate.

Since he moved to a new district he can play.

Thanks for the info..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but shouldn't he lose his senior year? there is a i think a catholic school here that dropped its athletic program and they had had to good bball prospects and the commercial appeal said they would loose there senior because they transfered and they played ball last year.

according to the news last night, per tssaa he is okay to play. i think as long as your move from publiuc school to public school you are okay to play but if you xfer from public to private or visa versa then you are inelligable for a year!

the word from some of east ex players was randall had just lost control of the players. Melrose has the two tailbacks that came from east who sat out all last year.

That tailback and wr who transferred to Melrose were gone because they were staring down the barrel of sitting on the bench for ten straight weeks because 2500 yards of offense was in front of them in Cameron Boga (Starting tailback at Cumberland) and Cassius Vaughn (Cornerback at Ole Miss). Bottomline, control was always in order at East but it seems today that theres this "I want my own guy" disease going around with all these new principals in the city school system, principals who dont know the first thing about winning on the field or in the classroom which is evidenced by their schools academic progress, teachers filing for transfers, (50 at East) (30 at Kirby) as well as the "guy" they bring in to replace good coaches losing their ######. Ex. East 0-2, Kirby 14 game losing streak, Hamilton 0-2, incidently the Head Coach at Kirby is now 0-23 as a HC dating to that stellar 2004 opener at Westwood in which he walked off the field at halftime b/c he was down 42 -0. Its clear that theres only one direction these principals want their programs to go. [/b]