What is wrong with LEWIS COUNTY

selectedgrain

You didn't cause a mess at all. If you read my response, you can see that I commented on the turnovers. To me, that and some untimely penalties were pretty much the only problems. I don't think any Panther fan thought they would continue to lose 2-3 or 4 fumbles every game.

Tonight against Loretto, the fumbles stopped and the offense clicked rolling up over 400 yards. They will be okay...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand quite exactly but I'll give it a try...

There are some fans who expect you to beat people by whopping margins every week. Lewis County is 3-0 and although they have not whipped all three teams convincingly.... on the scoreboard, they have not been threatened in any of the games, including Hickman County.

Hickman County is a big rivalry game for both teams and personally, I don't see how it benefits either of them to continue playing? A one touchdown win over a 4-A opponent and we lost 4 fumbles which kept it that close.

Wayne County was an 18-0 win and it was never, ever close. Fumbles at the one and nine yard lines kept this from being a blowout in the opening quarter.

The game against Stewart County.... you have to realize that they were 2-0, had momentum, thought that they might be for real and this was like their Super Bowl. We beat them by 38 without Chris Hatton ever stepping on the field.

So what is wrong with Lewis County? They haven't played mistake free ball... that's about it, in my honest opinion. I would much prefer them making early season miscues and being 3-0 than 0-3.

Also, while I am at it and I don't mean to stir the pot with all the other teams in the region but unles someone steps up, this is going to be a 2 horse race and everybody else is going to be far away battling for third and fourth. I think Camden and Lewis County are so far ahead of everyone else in the region that their biggest problem before week 10 is going to be staying awake in some of these games!!

Hmmmm, I consider you a fairly knowledgeable poster but to claim that lewis co. fumbling four times somehow kept the game close with hickman co. Hickman had SEVEN turnovers in that game. One a controversial int. inside Lewis Co. 30 yd. line. Playing Hickman Co. now is a no-brainer for Sharpe. If he loses its because Hickman is 4A, if he wins he's the giant killer. Our talent level is 2A at best and everyone knows it. By the way, they'll continue playing...because the latest news around here is we're definitely going to be 2A next year and praying to god we'll be in your region. The next couple of years should be interesting. :unsure:

Hmmmm, I consider you a fairly knowledgeable poster but to claim that lewis co. fumbling four times somehow kept the game close with hickman co. Hickman had SEVEN turnovers in that game. One a controversial int. inside Lewis Co. 30 yd. line. Playing Hickman Co. now is a no-brainer for Sharpe. If he loses its because Hickman is 4A, if he wins he's the giant killer. Our talent level is 2A at best and everyone knows it. By the way, they'll continue playing...because the latest news around here is we're definitely going to be 2A next year and praying to god we'll be in your region. The next couple of years should be interesting. :(

I'm sorry, would you like a tissue?

Please stop the hating on Lewis County. As I recall the game was close, and was very exciting all the way through. But the fact remains, we won. The game was very sloppy on both sides. 11 turnovers in one game seems a litlle ridiculous. Also, I would like to see ya'll in our region, you would be third and most likely playing Fairview again in the first round of the playoffs. I aloso predicted ya'll to win that one. Broke my heart a little bit losing a close one like that. But, anyways,We are far from dreading a Hickman County team in region 6. If anything it would be nice to see you compete against some teams with a closer caliber of talent. Not being rude about any of that, if we had to play Maplewood, Tullahoma, WHites Creek. I'm sure we would be fighting mad at the world also.

If anything, I would be cheering on Lewis County the rest of the year, because it only makes you look better.

P.S. I would like to see Hickman County win every game except the one against LEWIS COUNTY.

Hmmmm, I consider you a fairly knowledgeable poster but to claim that lewis co. fumbling four times somehow kept the game close with hickman co. Hickman had SEVEN turnovers in that game. One a controversial int. inside Lewis Co. 30 yd. line. Playing Hickman Co. now is a no-brainer for Sharpe. If he loses its because Hickman is 4A, if he wins he's the giant killer. Our talent level is 2A at best and everyone knows it. By the way, they'll continue playing...because the latest news around here is we're definitely going to be 2A next year and praying to god we'll be in your region. The next couple of years should be interesting. :thumb:

Is Hickman County sure they want to play 2A, Their record against 2A schools this year is 1 win and 2 losses. and tell me again why Coach Sharp should keep playing HC. With HC winning 1 out of the last 20 games against LC, I don't think it makes LC look like giant killers, it may be the other way around, HC being giant killers with their 1 win in 20 years :thumb:

Actually I am a knowledgeable poster and not a fairly knowledgeable one but I appreciate the backhanded compliment.

Losing four fumbles against Hickman County did keep the game close. We fubled six times while Hickman County had two fumbles. You can exagerate the turnover differance four weeks later but facts are facts and I have the facts in front of me.

As for Coach Sharp playing Hickman County being a "no brianer." I would respectfully disagree with you. We have no reason to play Hickman County in that it means much more to former players than it does to the current program. Year after year of beating Hickman County means expectations are such that you should never lose to them. It has come to be expected as an annual victory. A "giant killer" you say... lol You are giving the program much more prestige than it currently deserves. If we were beating Maryville or David Lipscomb or Goodpasture or a perennial power, then he might be a giant killer. Beating Hickman County is 100% expected and to lose to them, as happens once every 12 or 15 years means undue pressure on a program that gathers nothing with a win. If this sounds harsh, sorry.

When Hickman County becomes Class AA, then the game means something, until then... I would prefer us playing Columbia Central.

I would love to see us play Central, then we would have some idea of how we rank among the elite in Middle Tennessee.

Also, PapaKjoe, Don is exactly right, we are expected to win every year against Hickman County. It was devistaing the year you won, but that can only be seen as a Trivia question on a " H.S. football talk show" now. Your one hit wonder just stopped playing a couple of weeks ago, now it's just a broken record to everyone still reading your nonsense. We have enjoyed the bitterness exchanged every year.We like seeing you win, because it makes us look better.Also, good luck the rest of the year.

Actually I am a knowledgeable poster and not a fairly knowledgeable one but I appreciate the backhanded compliment.

Losing four fumbles against Hickman County did keep the game close. We fubled six times while Hickman County had two fumbles. You can exagerate the turnover differance four weeks later but facts are facts and I have the facts in front of me.

As for Coach Sharp playing Hickman County being a "no brianer." I would respectfully disagree with you. We have no reason to play Hickman County in that it means much more to former players than it does to the current program. Year after year of beating Hickman County means expectations are such that you should never lose to them. It has come to be expected as an annual victory. A "giant killer" you say... lol You are giving the program much more prestige than it currently deserves. If we were beating Maryville or David Lipscomb or Goodpasture or a perennial power, then he might be a giant killer. Beating Hickman County is 100% expected and to lose to them, as happens once every 12 or 15 years means undue pressure on a program that gathers nothing with a win. If this sounds harsh, sorry.

When Hickman County becomes Class AA, then the game means something, until then... I would prefer us playing Columbia Central.

Great post Don. Maybe when the schools split Centerville will be in our region. I wonder will they go back to being called centerville?