Unaka (3-0) at Temple (2-0)

oldtimeballer63

who are crying about certain kids playing at private schools that I am addressing...

cucry- try reading what the topic and posts are about before replying...

Sorry :D I offended you. READ my post, all I said was in reference to soooo many comments about how great they are and I have been around many private school students and they seem to fell they are superior to public, maybe its because they do have to PAY to go there but for whatever reason I don't particular care for it. Grant you there are some that don't act that way.AND I said to wait and play the game before you brag so hard. Yes, Unaka got beat pretty badly last year, but that was last and this is now and the game is still a few days away. Take a deep breathe, it'll be okay whichever one wins or loses.

GO RANGERS!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple will beat the Rangers by at least 21 points. I haven't seen them play, but according to local papers they run the ball too.

They do run the ball as well. From what I've heard, the last couple of games they have run the ball for over 200 yards and they have thrown the ball for over 200 yards. Their defense if obviously better seeing that they've held their first two opponents to 19 and 14 -- which compared to last year is much better. Last year the same teams put up 48 and 28 against them.

And so, it is resonable to say that Temple is a much better team that last year. If you compare the numbers from last years team to this year they could possibly give us at South Pitt a pretty good game this year at Finley.

They do run the ball as well. From what I've heard, the last couple of games they have run the ball for over 200 yards and they have thrown the ball for over 200 yards. Their defense if obviously better seeing that they've held their first two opponents to 19 and 14 -- which compared to last year is much better. Last year the same teams put up 48 and 28 against them.

And so, it is resonable to say that Temple is a much better team that last year. If you compare the numbers from last years team to this year they could possibly give us at South Pitt a pretty good game this year at Finley.

One game at a time my friend, one game at a time. We have a long time until then, but it sure would be nice if both teams were undefeated going into that game at Finley. Hopefully we will continue to play well and be able to give S.P. a game when it gets time. But for now we must stay focused on Unaka! There fans are talking so much junk, I really hope we blast them.

Sorry :lol: I offended you. READ my post, all I said was in reference to soooo many comments about how great they are and I have been around many private school students and they seem to fell they are superior to public, maybe its because they do have to PAY to go there but for whatever reason I don't particular care for it. Grant you there are some that don't act that way.AND I said to wait and play the game before you brag so hard. Yes, Unaka got beat pretty badly last year, but that was last and this is now and the game is still a few days away. Take a deep breathe, it'll be okay whichever one wins or loses.

GO RANGERS!!!

Ok I went back and READ your post....so I begin

1- You made the logical fallacy of Hasty Generalization by saying that private schools "ALWAYS" think they are superior to everyone else....

in this post above...your more recent post you corrected your ignorant comment by saying that "granted there are some that don'w act that way

you actually made sense...by saying that you have been around alot of private school students and that the impression you have is that they think they are better. That is fair and makes sense that your impression is they think they are better...and it is fine that you don't care for it...if I had that impression I wouldn't like it either...

2-what bragging are you talking about....where did I brag...I gave predictions I also said temple is much better than they were last year-- which everyone in their right mind would agree with....so I don't know what you are talking about.

and your whole take a deep breath thing is just weird...

Just for the record: I think Temple and Unaka have developed a great competitive relationship over the years, which started with basketball, and has now moved to football.

The sportsmanship and hospitality that I've seen between these two teams/schools is refreshing, and reminds me of some of the things that makes high school sports special in ways that you can't find in college or the pros.

Looking forward to watching a good game under the Friday night lights.

Prediction: Temple by 17+.

One game at a time my friend, one game at a time. We have a long time until then, but it sure would be nice if both teams were undefeated going into that game at Finley. Hopefully we will continue to play well and be able to give S.P. a game when it gets time. But for now we must stay focused on Unaka! There fans are talking so much junk, I really hope we blast them.

I would agree. But I'm still looking forward to playin' at Finley.

The Unaka Rangers come to Chattanooga on September 8 to go up against the Crusaders of Temple. Unaka has wins against Chuckey-Doak, Hurley, VA and Grace Christian of Knoxville. Temple has two good wins against Sequatchie County and Lookout Valley.

Temple got the win at Unaka last season with a score of 45-8.

Who do you think will get the W this year?

Please, no trash talk, just your predictions and thoughts about this contest. ;)

I've saw every game UHS has played this year. I think their energy level and confidence are high and Donald Ensor has them well prepared mentally and physically. I think Temple is gonna have more of a challange than expected. The only thing that could hurt the Ranger game plan is injuries that has occured this week during practice.