DeKalb v Watertown

the_den

I will stand up and say I was wrong for the H20 game. Coach Trapp, Coach Webb, and Equipment Manager Mr. Edwards were all that was on the field. Coach Trapp and Coach Rob were in the pressbox. All other Daddy's were coaching from the stands. I attended this game so I would have my facts straight.

These young mean fought a hard fight, and played better. But by the 4th quarter, maybe even a little before, the boys physically gave out. They gave it all they had. These young men fought a good fight. I'm sure someone will share more specific details with you if you just ask.

I have to say the boys did not give up physically or mentally. The boys didn't lose this game. The game was lost by bad play calling in the 2nd half. They were up 7-0 at halftime, it should have and could have been kept that way. The coaches got away from what was working. DCHS Tigers HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH!!!

Edited by DCHSWaterBoy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: OH MY GOSH!!!!! What happened to the purple tigers from last week??? Great game to DC, sure was afraid you guys had us beat. DC has a very strong defense (great line). If you guys can step it up on offense you will definately win some games this year. Of course with WT only scoring 10 pts, who am I to critique anyone else's offense. Great game DC, good luck with the rest of the season. Way to pull out the win WT!! :thumb:

:unsure: OH MY GOSH!!!!! What happened to the purple tigers from last week??? Great game to DC, sure was afraid you guys had us beat. DC has a very strong defense (great line). If you guys can step it up on offense you will definately win some games this year. Of course with WT only scoring 10 pts, who am I to critique anyone else's offense. Great game DC, good luck with the rest of the season. Way to pull out the win WT!! :thumb:

Not to take anything away from Watertown this year as they are no doubt much improved over the usual, But if your wondering how they go from beating Trousdale to barely beating Dekalb, then mabey you should check the score on the Trousdale game. I said earlier that this friday would show wheather Trousdale was that bad, or Watertown was that good. My question was answered.

Not to take anything away from Watertown this year as they are no doubt much improved over the usual, But if your wondering how they go from beating Trousdale to barely beating Dekalb, then mabey you should check the score on the Trousdale game. I said earlier that this friday would show wheather Trousdale was that bad, or Watertown was that good. My question was answered.

Yeah mine too!

Congrats to Watertown i hope you can keep it going. Good luck next with FCS its going to be tough but you gotta have faith. Maybe it'll be a good one but i hear FCS is bad.

Edited by #1jacket fan

Be careful Poe:

Having watched Clint Satt. coach for 20 years I can guarantee you that the team you see in September will be nothing compared to his team in weeks 9-15. Come December in TC nobody talks about what happened in Aug-Sept but rather how they got on track when it counted!!

When it is a one and done scenario in the playoffs they(TC) will be the most dangerous team in the STATE! Especially for those of us who may have to play them twice.

Be careful Poe:

Having watched Clint Satt. coach for 20 years I can guarantee you that the team you see in September will be nothing compared to his team in weeks 9-15. Come December in TC nobody talks about what happened in Aug-Sept but rather how they got on track when it counted!!

When it is a one and done scenario in the playoffs they(TC) will be the most dangerous team in the STATE! Especially for those of us who may have to play them twice.

I hope your right champs but i'm afraid this is an all out rebuilding year for us this year. Not that i don't have faith in Clint and the boys but we are young and completely dessimated with injuries. We had 6 kids not dressed out tonight and lost a senior lineman tonight maybe for the year[ knee]. I hope he can make it back but it didn't look good. When you don't have but 30 players to start with those kind of injuries to that many kids is devastating. I sure hope we can salvage this season but its not looking to promising right now.

I hope your right champs but i'm afraid this is an all out rebuilding year for us this year. Not that i don't have faith in Clint and the boys but we are young and completely dessimated with injuries. We had 6 kids not dressed out tonight and lost a senior lineman tonight maybe for the year[ knee]. I hope he can make it back but it didn't look good. When you don't have but 30 players to start with those kind of injuries to that many kids is devastating. I sure hope we can salvage this season but its not looking to promising right now.

Sorry Jacketfan but it is nearly impossible to believe that some of those injuries won't heal, some of those freshmen won't improve and TC won't factor into this years State Chmp.

Almost as hard as trying to feel sorry for Hartsville after all those years of being stung by the jackets.

You'll be back, all of Region 4 knows it !

I agree with you, that TC is much worse than usual right now, but were you at the TC and the DC game? WT did not have the enthusiasim (spelling?) tonight that they had at TC. They looked flat, even from the first snap. I hope they bring their A game next Friday, or it will be a long night in WT against FCS. Anyway, hats off to DC you played a great game.

In Single A ball the most important thing is for guys to stay healthy. The flu bug and injuries really hurt the PT tigers tonight with kids playing despite being ill and a bad case of fumbles. The PT Tigers fumbled a punt which set up DC's only score from the 1 yard line and fumbled a touchdown out of the back of the endzone for the tying score. The receivers for the PT tigers couldn't hold onto passes and some botched snaps from center really derailed the Purple. This was a tale of two very hard hitting and good defenses from both teams.

I agree with you, that TC is much worse than usual right now, but were you at the TC and the DC game? WT did not have the enthusiasim (spelling?) tonight that they had at TC. They looked flat, even from the first snap. I hope they bring their A game next Friday, or it will be a long night in WT against FCS. Anyway, hats off to DC you played a great game.

It could have been that Watertown was overlooking Dekalb and thinking about FCS and the first possible region championship shot they have had in a while. Not smart to overlook teams though...