DeKalb v Watertown

the_den

Cripps has to find out a way to hang onto the ball though hes had a about 3 or 4 fumbles already even though that week one is still very questionble but thats over they have to look ahead...howe did a lot better passsin the ball in greenbiar he used atleast three of his recievers in that game but with cripps height he would make a great WR if he can catch but i think they need him a runninback right now because if dekalb opens up the passin game it will open up the running game

well it takes more than a great effort by two players but i saw dekalb play @ the jamboree and they look much better than they did last year.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take Watertown in this one. They are probably still better than an improving Dekalb County team.

How is the Potete kid doing at Dekalb? I remember him from Youth football. He was very good then. :D

Hunter Poteete is a Freshman so not seeing much playing time. He is a great QB and there are quite a few who would like to see more of him on the field.

There are other young men on that team that can catch and run. It's one mistake the coach continues to make.

They seem to coach to one and play only a few. It's been going on for years. There are 55+ on the team. Play them!

My suggestion would be to work in more men, fresh legs, if you will, like the teams they are playing do.

These young men can't compete with teams who have full O and D teams, when they play both sides the entire game.

And what's with the kick off return? Dead stop, let the ball bounce, then attempt to snatch and run? And not just once but over and over again. Kinks that should have been worked out by now.

It's a hard transition and a totally different ball game between Jr. Pro and High School ball. A transition that is not being made smoothly.

Your comments are warranted…I attended the Greenbrier game Friday night….and Greenbrier finally wore them down.

I didn’t even see any Dekalb substitutions after Greenbrier had their JV in.

What’s the deal with # 77 for Dekalb? He could be a good player but it looks like his temper gets in the way.

Overall Dekalb is a much improved team. The kids played extremely hard. Best of luck this season.

Hunter Poteete is a Freshman so not seeing much playing time. He is a great QB and there are quite a few who would like to see more of him on the field.

I remember him playing RB but maybe QB is a good spot for him. Seems like there was quite a bit of talent around that age for them. If their guys aren't getting the job done that are on the field now, I think I would start working those younger kids. Experience is a very, very valuable thing. It can win you ballgames later on and it starts developing leadership. :D

Edited by OWLSRULE

look for the athletes on the baseball field and basketball court for dekalb. 0-2 is not an improvment

Look for a new coach and you have your answer. Steve Trapp let "Head" Coach go to his head. He has gotten too big for his britches and assumes that he is the football knowledge factory. Those boys have worked their butts off for too long for him.

Reality check Steve, you aren't football God and your record is showing it. You say you know how to coach these boys, well then PROVE IT!!!