Wartburg vs Harriman

knight2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Friday, Wartburg held their own against Rockwood for awhile. The first half was actually a good ballgame. The dogs shot themselves in the foot with two fumbles in the second half-both of which led to touchdowns. I think the Wartburg running backs need to practice holding on to the ball better. Overall, the defense played a very good first half, but just got wore down later on by Rockwood's strong running attack. I know "if" is a mighty big word, but if the dogs play defense against Harriman and get some offense going, this could be a decent ballgame.

25-14 Harriman. Wartburg's defense got wore down. They've worn down in the second half every game this year. I think maybe they should condition some more. In the second half Scottie Phillips was chased all over the backfield. I don't know what happened there. Harriman was in better shape and it showed in the 2nd half. The first half was a good ball game though. It's just too bad that Wartburg can't just play the first half, and then play the second half on Saturday. They'd stand a better chance. Wartburg did make big plays tonight that aren't usually made. They played well, they just ran out of gas in the second half, which is usually the story.

BOTH!

Actually, if you really look at it, Harriman is almost three times smaller than Kingston. And Kingston really isn't all that good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Now if they would stand up and play someone almost three times LARGER than they are, they would get their butts kicked, just as Harriman did. It's only my opinion, but like I've said, I believe it to be a good one, and I will stick by my opinion. It's just a rival game, and it draws a lot of money. I would think it wise for Harriman to make a new rival, seeing as how Kingston is much larger, but I would find it honorable for Kingston to stop bragging about something that is more than likely going to happen. It's not a fair match.

By the way, might I remind you, Harriman- 25, Wartburg- 14. And that was a fair match.

Edited by orhsfan77

Actually, if you really look at it, Harriman is almost three times smaller than Kingston. And Kingston really isn't all that good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Now if they would stand up and play someone almost three times LARGER than they are, they would get their butts kicked, just as Harriman did. It's only my opinion, but like I've said, I believe it to be a good one, and I will stick by my opinion. It's just a rival game, and it draws a lot of money. I would think it wise for Harriman to make a new rival, seeing as how Kingston is much larger, but I would find it honorable for Kingston to stop bragging about something that is more than likely going to happen. It's not a fair match.

By the way, might I remind you, Harriman- 25, Wartburg- 14. And that was a fair match.

I do agree about the size issues, but only to a certain extent. When those big rivalry games are played, you can throw out school size, talent levels, and records. It,s always a completly different atmosphere. I do agree though, that Kingston shouldn't rub it in so much.

25-14 Harriman. Wartburg's defense got wore down. They've worn down in the second half every game this year. I think maybe they should condition some more. In the second half Scottie Phillips was chased all over the backfield. I don't know what happened there. Harriman was in better shape and it showed in the 2nd half. The first half was a good ball game though. It's just too bad that Wartburg can't just play the first half, and then play the second half on Saturday. They'd stand a better chance. Wartburg did make big plays tonight that aren't usually made. They played well, they just ran out of gas in the second half, which is usually the story.

I think you're absolutely right. I didn't see the game, but from what I've heard the dogs ONCE AGAIN just ran out of gas. That has to be a conditioning issue-it seems EVERY team Wartburg plays are in much better shape. Sorry, but that's the coaches fault-PERIOD!! I honestly believe that Wartburg is playing hard and giving good effort week in and week out. I also believe that there needs to be a coaching change in the Burg sooner than later. That's only my opinion, but like another poster said, those kids deserve better!