Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

IHS fans are some of the best that I have seen in high school and the IHS announcer does a great job. The IHS quarterback is probably the best in the Region and Coach Smith has done a great job with the tallent he has. I have seen Franklin play twice this year and I think they'll regroup after the week off and win out - obviously IHS is favored to win the region. I noticed during the game that FHS didn't even have a bench during the game, they were sitting on water coolers or sitting on the ground - what's the deal IHS had a three benches - I was just wondering if teams are supposed to take your bench with you? I know every school in Williamson County can afford benches, because every school looks the same and your facilities are awesome. Just a note, if I was the Athletic director at IHS I would charge the fans on the hill outside the stadium you lost about $2000.That would buy you a couple of benches.

Great Game both teams.

We sat on the hill even though we already had season passes. I was keeping an eye on some of the younger kids I had with me playing on the sidelines below. I noticed many of the people on the hill had toddlers. The bleachers were packed and not a good place to have young ones. Made me wonder if many of these young families even knew the Independence players or if they were there in support of the community. I also noticed many of the people on the hill were there for Franklin. If anything, Independence needs more bleachers.

We enjoyed taking it all in especially when the students and players for Independence all pointed up above in memory of Tommy Johnson. Tommy was with us on the sidelines, on the field, in the bleachers and YES EVEN ON THE HILL!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic