Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog you make me sick...learn to take a beating. i play for indy and(to make it simple for you) we are a better team. franklin came out early and hit us hard but WE know how to play a game for four quarters. That's why we won. But it's okay, because we will see you again in the playoffs. This time we will have the #1 seed.

Can you say now that we have played anyone?

Show some RESPECT!

Bulldog you make me sick...learn to take a beating. i play for indy and(to make it simple for you) we are a better team. franklin came out early and hit us hard but WE know how to play a game for four quarters. That's why we won. But it's okay, because we will see you again in the playoffs. This time we will have the #1 seed.

Show some RESPECT!

Great game wardub40! Your team showed a great deal of character out there tonight. Way to stick in there and play 4 quarters of football!

Show some RESPECT!

Take some anti-nausea pills dude.........respect???? Act like you've been here before dude.....

Not if you realize that the starting QB from Franklin quit this week and the second guy got knocked out with a concussion and the 3rd string QB played most of the game.......indy wins.....barf

still dont think franklin is very strong indy either both good teams just not great i still think our side of the bracket has way more comp

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear

Can't say this was an upset in my book. Franklin has two very good sophomore QBs. But there is a tremendous difference between being a sophomore and being a junior. After seeing the first half of the Indy Page game I saw enough to realize that Indy was a very complete team. Franklin is still struggling with their offensive line and needs time to gain experience at QB. Franklin has a very fast and very good defense but they ran up against a physical team with a better offense.

(Coach Clayton's offense may be too QB dependent!)

I said the one with the fewest turnovers would win... looked like it would be Franklin at 17-0 (with an interception returned for a TD) but that's why they play for 4 quarters.

Several players were injured tonight ( hope all well soon ) and there were some ferocious hits, a great crowd, great bands.

No offense but Zach Cordell has a long way to go yet before I would compare him to a TC Jennings, or any of the past QBs from Franklin or Brentwood for the past four years. He may well get there... but don't count your chickens

yeah because spencer cantrell was such a difference maker at quarterback.

i think that's why franklin lost, because he quit.

or it could be because they were manhandled in the second half by a team with better conditioning, a stronger team, and a team that just wanted it more. franklin just couldn't stop the run game in the fourth quarter. this was a game that indy showed tremendous character as a team to be down 17-0 to the #2 team in class 5A and rally for the victory.

just keep hating guys. i guess we played okay against a "real" team.

what was everybody saying about indy fans being weak? yeah. that's right.

franklin is an incredibly classy program filled with great kids who played their hearts out. best of luck to you guys the rest of the season.

crow on the house for any of you guys that said we couldn't do it. especially you bulldog. this one's for you.

Not if you realize that the starting QB from Franklin quit this week and the second guy got knocked out with a concussion and the 3rd string QB played most of the game.......indy wins.....barf

Actually, the QB that got hurt (not knocked out-no concussion) in the 3rd quarter is Ramsey Sellers (soph) and he IS the starter. He may need to learn to slide every once in a while. He even came back after a couple of series, but took another hit that made the coaches do the safe thing and keep him out the rest of the game (until the final series with 1:00 to go). I understand that Sellers being named the starter is the reason why Cantrell (Junior) quit. I guess he couldn't handle getting beat out by a younger player for a position that I suppose he thought was "owed" to him since he was the back up last year. What he didn't realize is that Franklin still needed him, in case the starter went down and so Franklin wouldn't be left with an inexperienced QB (another soph) to finish the game. Oh yeah, that is exactly what happened tonight. Not to say that it would have been any better for Franklin had he been there, but it couldn't have been much worse. Nichol's (the backup) 3 turnovers (2 fumbles, 2 INT) resulted in 17 of Indy's points

I would like to say that IHS played a good game, their defense was pretty solid and the offense was very effective in the 2nd half. I really have no idea what the heck happened to Franklin's defense after half-time. They kept Cordell contained pretty well, but they just couldn't stop the run.

I would also like to say that I was not impressed with Cordell. Did he complete a pass in the first half? And, he had the one interception that Franklin ran in for a TD. In the 2nd half he completed some passes when he needed to, mainly due to the fact that their running game had really took off. I saw where someone posted earlier in the week that he had like a 75% completion rate, 600 yards and 9 touchdowns. Tonight, he probably had below a 30% completion rate, less than 100 yards and 0 touchdowns. So, I think Franklin's D did their job in containing him. They just weren't ready for the running game of IHS.

Good game Eagles, hope you make it in the playoffs and have to suit up against the Rebels again.

Edited by tenn9fan

hey let me remind you of the touchdown pass he completed in the first half. biggest play of the game, right before halftime.

we had problems getting the passing game going, give a ton of credit to franklin's secondary. they are amazingly athletic and we were trying to go deep in man coverage and they had our two receivers shut down. franklin has a great defense, but they just got worn down by the eagles run attack--mainly because they were on the field so much because of turnovers.

tonight, zach went 9-21 for 54 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

and indy still overcame that and were victorious. great win guys.