Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

It's been a while since my last post - but to all the old time posters, good to be back!

Stats to consider:

Indy is averaging 38 points per game, but the teams they have played have allowed others to score 34 points per game in their other contests.

Franklin is averaging 23.5 points per game, but the teams they have played have allowed others to score 12.7 points per game in their other contests.

Edge goes to Franklins Offense.

Indy defense has given up an average of 7.67 points per game, but again their opponents have only scored and average of 11.1 points per game in their other contests.

Franklin defense has given up 7.25 points per game, their opponents have averaged 29.0 points per game in their other contests.

Edge goes to Franklins Defense.

Overall - Indy's opponents record not including the Indy results is 1 - 7. Franklins opponents record outside the Franklin results is 8 - 2. Again, Franklin has played a much tougher schedule to date - Edge to Franklin.

All that said, the results are what happens on the field, 15 to 18 year old players, County Scrum, toss out the stats, hope everyone stays healthy. I believe Franklin comes out on top by 7.

Beautifuly said!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since my last post - but to all the old time posters, good to be back!

Stats to consider:

Indy is averaging 38 points per game, but the teams they have played have allowed others to score 34 points per game in their other contests.

Franklin is averaging 23.5 points per game, but the teams they have played have allowed others to score 12.7 points per game in their other contests.

Indy defense has given up an average of 7.67 points per game, but again their opponents have only scored and average of 11.1 points per game in their other contests.

Franklin defense has given up 7.25 points per game, their opponents have averaged 29.0 points per game in their other contests.

Overall - Indy's opponents record not including the Indy results is 1 - 7. Franklins opponents record outside the Franklin results is 8 - 2. Again, Franklin has played a much tougher schedule to date - Edge to Franklin.

All that said, the results are what happens on the field, 15 to 18 year old players, County Scrum, toss out the stats, hope everyone stays healthy. I believe Franklin comes out on top by 7.

Some other stats/observations to consider are:

Indy's starting defense has given up 12 points (4.0 per game). The offense starters have been out of the game early in the 3rd in about every game so far. Indy is averaging 7 points in the 1st, 17.3 in the 2nd, 9.3 in the 3rd and 4.3 in the 4th. The score of every game could have been higher also. Anyone can twist the stats however you want. Bottom line is what do they mean? Throw the stats out in this one. This will definitely be the best team by far that Indy has played and could be the best team that Franklin has played (time will tell here). There will be a huge rowdy crowd in Eagle's Satdium Friday night. I still think the Eagles win by 7.

Had Indy played anyone solid in 5A, I would appreciate the starters being out of the game early, but a 3A team and two underperforming 5A programs leaves me with considerable doubt as to how Indy will perform against a true 5A team.

I agree that Indy will be well prepared and rested with the bye week - but it also could be a detriment, particularly when they seemed to have things clicking. Sometimes bye weeks can take the Momentum out of a team, and give them too much time to "thinK" about the upcoming game.

In Indy's favor is they will be the first team Franklin has faced that throws the ball as much as Indy does. (Thought Ravenwood would, but with Becker out...) This will give everyone an indication of how strong the Franklin D is with the only question to date being - how good are the DB's in coverage?

I personally am looking forward to the environment - which brings up one other question - how will Independence handle the pressure, being the first "big game" in their short history?

Good health to All.

Had Indy played anyone solid in 5A, I would appreciate the starters being out of the game early, but a 3A team and two underperforming 5A programs leaves me with considerable doubt as to how Indy will perform against a true 5A team.

I agree that Indy will be well prepared and rested with the bye week - but it also could be a detriment, particularly when they seemed to have things clicking. Sometimes bye weeks can take the Momentum out of a team, and give them too much time to "thinK" about the upcoming game.

In Indy's favor is they will be the first team Franklin has faced that throws the ball as much as Indy does. (Thought Ravenwood would, but with Becker out...) This will give everyone an indication of how strong the Franklin D is with the only question to date being - how good are the DB's in coverage?

I personally am looking forward to the environment - which brings up one other question - how will Independence handle the pressure, being the first "big game" in their short history?

Good health to All.

Once again I agree. Everyone needs to stop posting about the fans. If you are going to post about the fans, make another topic. Keep the stats rollin' in. Afterall, that's all we need.

Stats to consider:

Fan...Great Info...but I would like to add some info that may open some eyes as well!

You claim that Indy has beat up some poor teams..at least they are poor looking at their overall records anyway....here is what you do not see in those poor records..Why are they so poor??

Indy has beaten and beaten badly: Page, Hillwood and Centennial

Pages defeats have come to Lipscomb and Ravenwood.

Hillwood has been destroyed by Gallatin and Hillsboro.

Centennial..who may be the "weakest" due to teams played.. was beaten by Lavergne and Blackman..which Blackman is a bad team.

So...with that said, Indy has beat the teams just as Gallatin, Lipscomb, Hillsboro and Ravenwood have! Would those teams fall to the Rebels along the same lines as you say that IHS will? (I know Ravenwood lost to FHS already!)

Just something else to think about and consider! :thumb:

Fan...Great Info...but I would like to add some info that may open some eyes as well!

You claim that Indy has beat up some poor teams..at least they are poor looking at their overall records anyway....here is what you do not see in those poor records..Why are they so poor??

Indy has beaten and beaten badly: Page, Hillwood and Centennial

Pages defeats have come to Lipscomb and Ravenwood.

Hillwood has been destroyed by Gallatin and Hillsboro.

Centennial..who may be the "weakest" due to teams played.. was beaten by Lavergne and Blackman..which Blackman is a bad team.

So...with that said, Indy has beat the teams just as Gallatin, Lipscomb, Hillsboro and Ravenwood have! Would those teams fall to the Rebels along the same lines as you say that IHS will? (I know Ravenwood lost to FHS already!)

Just something else to think about and consider! :thumb:

haha that was a very good point my friend. Could not of put it better. Indy is thirsty for another win and they are getting tired of beating up on each other and are ready to unleash that on fhs.. My prediction is indy by 10..im not going to put stats in here because everyone has already seen them in previous post. They played a very athletic secondary in CHS but we still ousted them.. Good luck to both teams and this is one you dont want to miss!

You people make my head hurt with all your comparing opponents... it's apples and oranges, folks... Independence's schedule is not the same as Franklin's... if they had played the same teams, THEN you could use those comparisons... but the way you're all talking, it's just going around in circles... bottom line, Franklin's offense has not arrived quite yet, but last week was a good sign...

Independence's offense has been firing on all cylinders since the thumping of Page in Week Zero... What that adds up to, I have no clue... all I know is this will be the biggest game in Independence's history, and even a competitive loss puts the Eagles in great position for the stretch run...

I think Franklin wins, but Indy definitely makes things interesting for a while... and who knows? A bounce of the ball here or there, and we could have a Cinderella story... it'll be fun, that's for sure...

You people make my head hurt with all your comparing opponents... it's apples and oranges, folks... Independence's schedule is not the same as Franklin's... if they had played the same teams, THEN you could use those comparisons... but the way you're all talking, it's just going around in circles... bottom line, Franklin's offense has not arrived quite yet, but last week was a good sign...

Independence's offense has been firing on all cylinders since the thumping of Page in Week Zero... What that adds up to, I have no clue... all I know is this will be the biggest game in Independence's history, and even a competitive loss puts the Eagles in great position for the stretch run...

I think Franklin wins, but Indy definitely makes things interesting for a while... and who knows? A bounce of the ball here or there, and we could have a Cinderella story... it'll be fun, that's for sure...

Good job, well put I respect that. Both teams are quality kids and well coached. Its goning to be a thriller. Rebs you can do it.

Good health to All.

How Indy handles the pressure of a big game is a huge question mark...Campbell, Frohock, Dykes and others from Franklin (other than the QB's) have been in a number of "big games". I'm taking Franklin only because I think they will put tremendous pressure on Cordell and may force some turnovers. Best of luck to both teams. This is what makes Fridays fun!!!

How Indy handles the pressure of a big game is a huge question mark...Campbell, Frohock, Dykes and others from Franklin (other than the QB's) have been in a number of "big games". I'm taking Franklin only because I think they will put tremendous pressure on Cordell and may force some turnovers. Best of luck to both teams. This is what makes Fridays fun!!!

This is a great point. I think if Independence can handle the pressure of playing in a game of this magnitude, they can win. I think giving Smith, Eubanks, and Co two weeks to prepare is a dangerous proposition for the Rebels. This is no doubt the biggest challenge for the Cordell and the Eagles, but they can compete with Franklin, schematically and athletically. If they don't make mistakes, this could be a four quarter brawl. You have to take Franklin as the favorite, just on reputation and experience, but Independence can beat them, no doubt. I think the winner of this game wins the Region!!