Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

Not if you realize that the starting QB from Franklin quit this week and the second guy got knocked out with a concussion and the 3rd string QB played most of the game.......indy wins.....barf

Awww....quit trying to sugar-coat that loss... ;) Franklin got beat because they didn't play four-quarter football. :huh:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are Bulldog and Eaglet baby!!!! They both might need to be placed on suicide watch after tonight.

I hate to sound like his agent again, but tonight showed why Scott Smith is the best coach in the Midstate, hands down. If there is a Region 6 Coach of the Year, he won it tonight. Smitty gets the reputation as this Target version of Steve Spurrier because he loves to chuck and duck, but tonight he made adjustments and completely outcoached Franklin's staff from the 4:30 mark in the second quarter on. Cordell didn't have a good night at all, thanks to some good FHS D, but the throw he made in the end zone to make it 17-7 right before halftime may be the biggest play in Independence history. That whole drive was a statement that they weren't going to roll over and die. I'm 24 years old and I have to say that I saw a program grow up at the end of the first half, and I would have said that even if they had lost. Being down 17-0 plays in the minds of pro teams, but these high schoolers kept playing and never panicked. That is a credit to Smith, Eubanks, and company.

Back to Smith, what he did that was so impressive is that he went back to the running game in the second half and it worked. It wasn't fancy at all, it was old belly series and the toss sweep. It seemed like Franklin had no answer once Scott and his staff went to plan B. What was SHOCKING about this game is how Independence really hit Franklin in the mouth and made them submit. The Frohock kid was the only Rebel that looked like he might do something. He's a hoss, plain and simple. I never thought Indy would win the physical warfare out there, but they won it convincingly. Indy brought Martin in some to change the offensive pace and Pettigrew and Consiglio really ran it downhill in the fourth quarter and the Rebels could not stop them at all. I saw some Franklin kids shy away from Pettigrew late because he was dishing out some punishment on those 8-10 yarders he was ripping off. Poor Todd Campbell was on a milk carton tonight....Franklin's poor QB play has rendered him useless out there.

In closing, there has been a new order established in Williamson County public school football. Unless Ron Crawford pulls off one of his best coaching jobs with his young Bruin squad (which he just might), Independence is now the team to beat in Region 6-AAAAA. And with the youth at Independence, that order may not change for years.

.....Poor Todd Campbell was on a milk carton tonight....Franklin's poor QB play has rendered him useless out there.

I believe that Sellers completed some pretty good passes before being injured, it's just that none of them went Campbell's way. Don't you think that Franklin may realize that people are expecting them to throw it to Campbell, and go the other way? Now, saying Franklin's QB situation is "poor" is just plain wrong. Yes, Sellers is young and still learning, but he had great game against Ravenwood and Father Ryan, and was doing pretty good tonight prior to going down. He probably ended up with better numbers than Cordell, with just as many touchdowns and zero interceptions. Plus, he is faster than most running backs in the region and has the ability to break one off on people, which most QB's in this region cannot do.

.....In closing, there has been a new order established in Williamson County public school football. Unless Ron Crawford pulls off one of his best coaching jobs with his young Bruin squad (which he just might), Independence is now the team to beat in Region 6-AAAAA. And with the youth at Independence, that order may not change for years.

Okay really now, aren't you reaching just a tad bit here? Winning one game against a ranked team does not create a "new order" in WMCO football. Even if they were to run out the season and by a miracle win the championship, doesn't mean anything. Last year Ravenwood was the team to beat, now where are they? 1-4. Injuries, and other factors can make the "team to beat" the kind of team that people like to schedule for homecoming.

In closing, there has been a new order established in Williamson County public school football. Unless Ron Crawford pulls off one of his best coaching jobs with his young Bruin squad (which he just might), Independence is now the team to beat in Region 6-AAAAA. And with the youth at Independence, that order may not change for years.

I still say when Centennial gets their act together Williamson County will have 5 great 5A teams.....

Keep yor eyes on Gallatin folks.... Its a ways down the road but mark my words Independence v. Gallatin wll be a great game!

What I'm saying is that Indy is winning with a bunch of kids who aren't even driving yet. Do ya think they are going to get worse?? The Sellers kid is a promising prospect, but when you have an SEC WR, wouldn't you throw it to him more than three times in a game if you had confidence in your QB?? I'm all for spreading the rock around and Murray did some nice things with YAC early, but if you have a special player like Campbell, he has to have more than 4-5 touches in a big game. Just an opinion, and they are like butts, everybody has one.

You forget that I "live" in the Indy school zone and I don't hate the guy just don't respect him...he just doesn't earn any respect esp from opposing coaches and players.......remember this.....depth and smitty's calls....that's all you need to know....plus two weeks off ...I see a little rust.....Franklin must play keep away. Coach Webb's defense at Franklin will need to step it up.

Here Bulldog, Bulldog, Bulldog,

Come on out and play. Come on and post some more of you Smitty hating. You've said before you live in the IHS zone. You need to move to Rudderville. The more you post the more it makes you look stupid. Please hate on him some more. We love people that hate him. We also love people to tell us we are no good. We don't care what you or anyone else thinks. 23-17 Indy is all that matters. Nice win by your Patriots against MC. Now please stay on the 1A-3A board and give props to the Pats. I am also sure that Coach Smith doesn't lose a bit of sleep because you don't respect him. I know I wouldn't. Good luck to Page. There are some good kids there.

Not if you realize that the starting QB from Franklin quit this week and the second guy got knocked out with a concussion and the 3rd string QB played most of the game.......indy wins.....barf

Excuses are just that....Excuses. I hope you barfed on yourself. Please keep posting. I love to laugh at your stupidity. If you don't like (you say respect) Coach Smith at least give credit to some kids and coaches that have busted their butts. At least give them the respect that you don't have for him. I am sure he is sleeping well tonight whether you respect him or not.

tia

Edited by tnsparty

Actually, the QB that got hurt (not knocked out-no concussion) in the 3rd quarter is Ramsey Sellers (soph) and he IS the starter. He may need to learn to slide every once in a while. He even came back after a couple of series, but took another hit that made the coaches do the safe thing and keep him out the rest of the game (until the final series with 1:00 to go). I understand that Sellers being named the starter is the reason why Cantrell (Junior) quit. I guess he couldn't handle getting beat out by a younger player for a position that I suppose he thought was "owed" to him since he was the back up last year. What he didn't realize is that Franklin still needed him, in case the starter went down and so Franklin wouldn't be left with an inexperienced QB (another soph) to finish the game. Oh yeah, that is exactly what happened tonight. Not to say that it would have been any better for Franklin had he been there, but it couldn't have been much worse. Nichol's (the backup) 3 turnovers (2 fumbles, 2 INT) resulted in 17 of Indy's points

I would like to say that IHS played a good game, their defense was pretty solid and the offense was very effective in the 2nd half. I really have no idea what the heck happened to Franklin's defense after half-time. They kept Cordell contained pretty well, but they just couldn't stop the run.

I would also like to say that I was not impressed with Cordell. Did he complete a pass in the first half? And, he had the one interception that Franklin ran in for a TD. In the 2nd half he completed some passes when he needed to, mainly due to the fact that their running game had really took off. I saw where someone posted earlier in the week that he had like a 75% completion rate, 600 yards and 9 touchdowns. Tonight, he probably had below a 30% completion rate, less than 100 yards and 0 touchdowns. So, I think Franklin's D did their job in containing him. They just weren't ready for the running game of IHS.

Good game Eagles, hope you make it in the playoffs and have to suit up against the Rebels again.

Zac was 9 of 21 for 54 yards and 1 TD and 1 INT. Certainly not what he did in the first 3 games, but Franklins defense was geared up and did stop the pass. They forgot someting I said earlier. Indy can also run the ball. Which the Rebs didn't do so well with. Consiglio and Pettigrew were 26 carries for 132 combined with 2 TDs.

How the Eagles reacted when they were down 17-0 in the first quarter was the reason they won. Last year's team would not have done this. This team fought backjust before half and scored. And kept fighting back to finally win the game. We all talk about Indy's offense, but their defense is very good. Franklin scored 10 points on them tonight. In the first 4 games the starting defense has given up 19 points. Less than 5 a game. Not bad. Coach Eubanks and the other coaches have them flying to the ball and hitting. The defense has been able to keep the opponent off of the scoreboard and allow the offense to put drives together.

The season is still young and there are plenty of good teams left to play. I take it as a compliment that you want to play us again in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the season.

Excuses are just that....Excuses. I hope you barfed on yourself. Please keep posting. I love to laugh at your stupidity. If you don't like (you say respect) Coach Smith at least give credit to some kids and coaches that have busted their butts. At least give them the respect that you don't have fo him. I am sure he is sleeping well tonight whether you respect him or not.

tia

Now...now...let's don't get too personal....I give Kudos to the Indy players on their big win......they earned it and they have always had my respect and I know a lot of them. BUT that mercenary of a coach gets zilch from me......calling me stupid....wow....how long did you work on that one...Einstein?

Good luck to the Indy players on the rest of their journey this year...I feel that the Franklin- Indy saga may not be over yet this year.