Mid-TN D2: The Group of Death

bapride

Is there anything else even close in the state?

4 of the top 8 in the state, it is going to get crazy come tournament time.

BA and BGA are both better than last year, JPII and Ryan are still very strong, Ensworth is going to get better and better, there is a lot of talent concentrated in a very small area.

If you add other divisions, BA, BGA, Fr. Ryan, FRA, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, and Ravenwood are all within about 5 miles of one another.

This is a great time to be a fan of girls' soccer in Middle Tennessee!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the population of Middle Tennessee will probably assure greater depth, I'd stack Chattanooga (Baylor, GPS, Notre Dame, CCS) against the teams you mentioned. Ask Father Ryan, FRA, Centennial, and Ravenwood. All of these teams have come to Chattanooga in the last two weekends, and all came up on the short end.

While the population of Middle Tennessee will probably assure greater depth, I'd stack Chattanooga (Baylor, GPS, Notre Dame, CCS) against the teams you mentioned. Ask Father Ryan, FRA, Centennial, and Ravenwood. All of these teams have come to Chattanooga in the last two weekends, and all came up on the short end.

truee but alot of the top teams in the state are in the same division

yeah.. chattanooga has been representing very well lately

Pre-season scrmmages are NOT the state tournament....they are just that...scrimmages...I wouldn't overplay the "came up short stuff" until they win the state championships...there is good soccer in both towns...and great players.....and exceptional coaches. Remember some coaches approach pre-season differently than others and some coaches feel they need to develop confidence in their teams with early wins, etc. Also all the teams you mention in Chattanooga are privates, 2 of which are allowed to recruit athletic talent, no publics mentioned. Chattanooga will not sweep the 3 state championships...at least Nashville could!!??....but I don't think that will happen either! Let's just enjoy the season and look forward to some really great soccer at state (at least Chattanooga gets "home field advantage!) :thumb:

Edited by flashgordon

HAHA sure the nashville teams are good, but "The Group of Death", seriously? Please take a look at St. Agnes. None of the teams from mid-tenn in my opinion match up....

I have to agree, St Agnes looks to be the class act of Div II. Nobody has come close to beating them. They have three or four shutouts this season already, and have scored four, five, or six goals themselves. Ryan has been beaten so far by St. Agnes, Hutchinson, Baylor, Ryan beat GPS 3-0, I don't know about the Irish at this point. JPII is not nearly as good as last year and thats what it would take to make an impact at state. BA is a good but not great team. BGA is a team that may surprise some people come state tournament time. Good luck to all. :thumb:

Edited by fieldman

I have to agree, St Agnes looks to be the class act of Div II. Nobody has come close to beating them. They have three or four shutouts this season already, and have scored four, five, or six goals themselves. Ryan has been beaten so far by St. Agnes, Hutchinson, Baylor, and GPS, I don't know about the Irish at this point. JPII is not nearly as good as last year and thats what it would take to make an impact at state. BA is a good but not great team. BGA is a team that may surprise some people come state tournament time. Good luck to all. :thumb:

Glad to se someone is mentioning st. Agnes. To get the records straight, they have played 10 games in pre season/scrimmages/league games and KT....score 55 goals-- 0 against.

The point of my post was not to crown a state champion or to criticize anyone else, it was to point out that the 4 teams that I mentioned are all in the same group as far as state qualifying is concerned.

St. Agnes looks like they are the team to beat in 2A statewide, there is no doubt about that, who is their 2A competition in the west?

Baylor and GPS are both very good, is there anyone else in 2A in the east?

Our region tournament should be exciting, it looks like everyone is pretty even so far.

The point of my post was not to crown a state champion or to criticize anyone else, it was to point out that the 4 teams that I mentioned are all in the same group as far as state qualifying is concerned.

St. Agnes looks like they are the team to beat in 2A statewide, there is no doubt about that, who is their 2A competition in the west?

Baylor and GPS are both very good, is there anyone else in 2A in the east?

Our region tournament should be exciting, it looks like everyone is pretty even so far.

ECS is the only challenging game for St. Agnes until the Collierville game October 3.

The ESC game is this Thursday. Since Franklin beat Collierville at the Katie Hunter Tourn. and St. Agnes beat Franklin rather easily, maybe the Collierville will not be the "game of the season" as we all have been thinking it would be. Frankly, I thought Franklin would have been our biggest challenge for a while.