Boone vs. Central

formerblazer

Well I didn't see a Boone topic on the game they have this week, so I figured I would go ahead and start one.

Looks like Central is having a down year, but it is during those times when you think that you can beat them that you get yourself beat. I see my Boone boys taking this game, but if they get over confident, you'll see Central run away with this game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What scares me about this game is all the distractions of Homecoming.....

That is always a factor. Homecoming is supposed to be a good game that the team can easily win (in theory) so everyone gets a good game.

While at Boone, we were caught up in homecoming events and looking toward the play-offs, and we lost a game we should have won.

The coaches can do stuff to a point, but it is really up to the kids to keep focused on the game.

Let's not forget, Central gave Boone a tough game last year at Central. Boone won, but never really pulled away until the very end. Every time Boone scored, Central would find a way to score and stay close. Didn't the Cougars run the 2nd half kickoff back for a TD?

Boone's ground game should be good enough to take it, but don't let a team like Central hang around, or they might bite you...........

Let's not forget, Central gave Boone a tough game last year at Central. Boone won, but never really pulled away until the very end. Every time Boone scored, Central would find a way to score and stay close. Didn't the Cougars run the 2nd half kickoff back for a TD?

Boone's ground game should be good enough to take it, but don't let a team like Central hang around, or they might bite you...........

Agreed, Central is the type of team that will put you in a tough position quick and leave you having a hard time getting out of said position.

That is always a factor. Homecoming is supposed to be a good game that the team can easily win (in theory) so everyone gets a good game.

While at Boone, we were caught up in homecoming events and looking toward the play-offs, and we lost a game we should have won.

The coaches can do stuff to a point, but it is really up to the kids to keep focused on the game.

Believe me we haven't forgotten what happened last year on homecoming. We thought we were going to take it easily, and it came back to bite us. The week's events are great and all, but the student body can have those... I on the field on Friday night.

Boone Pride.

Yep, last year Central was winning at the Half. After that it was pretty much a Boone game. So if they under estimate Central like they did last year, and get caught up in the Homecoming events like they did last year...this may be a slaughter fest for Boone. But I am sure they know this and will keep their heads on straight and get the 3rd W for the season.

Edited by 2005 Trailblazer #55

Yep, last year Central was winning at the Half. After that it was pretty much a Boone game. So if they under estimate Central like they did last year, and get caught up in the Homecoming events like they did last year...this may be a slaughter fest for Boone. But I am sure they know this and will keep their heads on straight and get the 3rd W for the season.

Boone played a calm and cool game last week so I hope that stays with them this week. I'm with you though, I think this will be the third win for Boone this season as long as they keep their cool and don't get cocky.