Boone vs. Central

formerblazer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in Black, when I walked through the gate it was blaring and I was dropping my jaw at how really dumb that was. And yeah our boys were out there dancing. I will never forget that game.

Meaning no disrespect, but Boone has been playing that fight song since I was a second year student, which is all the way back in 97.

If parents actually think that a song has anything to do with how well or terrible a team plays.............I think it is time for parents to start rethinking the game of football.

North won because they had a solid game plan that stopped Boone's offense, not because the band played a fight song.

Jesse Osborne, i can't think of what number i was back then.

whatever it was, you should have stuck with it instead of taking my beautiful number and desecrating its good name...errr numerical value?

;)

Back In Black has been the Raiders song since the school opened back in the 80s, and let me tell you something that song revs those boys up, no it might not be everything, but when something like tradition makes you get excited and ready to go, good things happen, it helps. And yes they played an awesome game. I am not just a parent, a devoted North Fan and team mom. Many things make up a win. Heart, Tradition, Determination, Skill, and Athletic Ability. I hope you remember that . Because that my friend is exactly what has the Raiders motivated this year. And they are on the move. Oh and it wasnt the band playing that song it was blaring out of your loud speakers, By ACDC.

Edited by recruitguru

Back In Black has been the Raiders song since the school opened back in the 80s, and let me tell you something that song revs those boys up, no it might not be everything, but when something like tradition makes you get excited and ready to go, good things happen, it helps. And yes they played an awesome game. I am not just a parent, a devoted North Fan and team mom. Many things make up a win. Heart, Tradition, Determination, Skill, and Athletic Ability. I hope you remember that . Because that my friend is exactly what has the Raiders motivated this year. And they are on the move. Oh and it wasnt the band playing that song it was blaring out of your loud speakers, By ACDC.

Well, over the speakers is something new. They didn't do that while I was there, so there you have it.

Maybe I am more of a realist. Does getting pumped up get you some where, sure. It gets you off to a good start in a game, gets the crowd going, blah blah blah. It doesn't hurt, never does. It can pull you out of tough places rarely, so it never will be a bad thing.

That said, a football team wins because they remain cool, they do what they have been taught in practice, they make big plays when they need to be played.

I just don't see it as that big of a deal. Personally, I'd get more pumped and ready with a nice little letter in the locker room that says "Your team stinks and you stand no chance, love, the opposing team".

That is just me of course.

And I shall never wear a black jersey with 55 on it, I played at Daniel Boone, not Boones Creek Middle School or Fall Branch, so meh.

Black only looks good with Gray's gold lettering :(

/some how i dont think he is on the same page. I am speaking about the Boone/North Game last year, oh well anyway you dont have to make a big deal about all that, just go out and have a good game and good luck. I think you are lost mr former blazer. see ya lol

No we're on the same page, we just have different opinions. I used to be a fan that was a more positive thinker on certain situations that have to do with a team, but I guess I've become more of a paper fan that looks at the athletes in a program, the coaching staff, what offense is being run, etc.

I can't deny that "tradition" and being "pumped up" get you somewhere during a game, but I also can't believe that a wom comes from that in a big way.

I suppose I just make a big deal out of it because I believe the North game, from last year, was a product of a well prepared North team.

As for the colors, I agree, scarlet and gold with a little bit of white. I haven't seen the black jerseys. Is that their away jerseys now? I should run by and check out these new colors.......oh yea and a football game comes with that so it is a win win situation.