Greeneville @ South!

TNPrepmaster

Anderson County thought Greeneville would be a "tune-up" for Fulton and got a big surprise. I would take this young Greeneville team a bit more seriuosly than that.

As I said, no disrespect but:

1. the Mavericks have given up 48 points in their 2 games this year and haven't even scored yet;

2. take away the D-B game and South is averaging 39 ppg while giving up only 3; and

3. the Devils are averaging only 8 ppg and giving up 9.

Those are the scenarios that I am looking at.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, no disrespect but:

1. the Mavericks have given up 48 points in their 2 games this year and haven't even scored yet;

2. take away the D-B game and South is averaging 39 ppg while giving up only 3; and

3. the Devils are averaging only 8 ppg and giving up 9.

Those are the scenarios that I am looking at.

Well, take away the Daniel Boone game (you set the precedent for that one) and Greeneville is giving up 0 ppg. Glad to see South has a game they would rather forget as well... but you really need to average ALL games if you are gonna quote stats. Lets see how they really look: South's actual ppg (including the D-B game)26; opponents ppg (including the D-B game)14.7. I am not even gonna talk about the quality opponents South has faced.... ok I lied.... Central gave up 66 pts in their last 2 starts and scored just 14. Give then props for playing a tough schedule early. Happy Valley,1-2...just got a HUGE (not) win over West Greene 0 - forever.

Probably the only points West Greene will score all season. Anderson County lost to Greeneville and a good Fulton team that has only given up 7 pts so far this season in a challenging conference. If you are going to make a prediction based on averages and stats you need to look at all applicable stats not just the ones that skew the prediction your way.

If South takes this one, and I am not saying they won't, it will be because they are the better team this Friday. Not because they were the better team last week or the week before.