CCS Soccer Tournament in Chattanooga

DonCChatt

Score and Winners from Today

Notre Dame 4 - Shelbyville 0

CCS 2 - McMinn Central 0

Maryville 1 - Centennial 0 <<<======== Upset!

Ooltewah 1 - Independence 0 <<<<==== Upset!

Tullahoma 3 - Anderson Co. 1

Beardon beat Science Hill I believe

Knox Catholc beat Bradley Central 4-1 I think

CPA beat TN High something like 7-0

Edited by DonCChatt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Independence girls did get beat this morning 1-0. It was a tough bounce back game after the hard fought battle with Bearden Friday night. The Bearden game was very physical and even the whole 80 minutes. The game looked to be going to the sudden death shootout but Bearden snuck home a goal with 2 minutes remaining. Independence totally dominated their first game this morning outshoting Ooltewah 19 to 3. Ooltewah got loose on a breakaway with 5 minutes left and finished. Ooltewah's GK did well to make plenty of saves and keep the score at 0-0 and eventually allow them to spring one chance. Independence's third game was one that they did not need to play in. They definately deserved to play in the game against Tullahoma and the result showed it. Independence beat Anderson County 10-1.

Independence is growing with every competitive game. This is a young team that is learning how to play in pressure situations. Once they get a few of the "wins" on their side, they will be tough to beat. That was already shown last week at Centennial. The girls play Spring Hill and Hillwood (I think) this week so they should be good and ready (rested) for Brentwood on 9/19. Do not be surprised if Independence goes to Brentwood and plays them tough!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• If that Yellow Paint is all gone I'll flat bet it didn't wash off there. I bet that took some scrubbing to remove that if it is gone. Lacrosse is one of those northern sports all these misplaced Yankee's that are posion to the community brought in by  (Blount Partnership, ( The Devil) with them so somebody allowed them to paint their markings on the field that cost more than the twenty top people on payroll at Maryville make a year. All this to please the 1% Club and the 25 people that would come to see it. All in the name of WOKE!!!!!!
    • They will probably, struggle 
    • Dyersburg is going to be good, really good. As mentioned, they have a lot of talent on the way and the trio of Chelby, Joya, and KayKay will only be better with a full season together under their belt. To me, playing in Murfreesboro two consecutive postseasons will only serve to make them more dangerous if/when they stand among the final eight teams this March. Experience, good or bad, always makes you better. And not only do they have experience, they know how to win there. Schedules are coming together for all of the teams and I am excited about what I am seeing on the preliminary drafts on Dyersburg’s schedule. I know I am being a tease, but it’s simply not my place to announce what another school is doing. With that said, I won’t go into specifics. However, I am excited about renewed home and away contracts for the non-district portion of the calendar. I think west Tennessee will have a lot of interest as well.
    • What does everyone have in the final 8? In no particular order. 1. Eagleville 2. Gordonsville 3. Greenback 4. Oakdale 5. South Pitt/ East Robertson-- not sure 6. Richland 7. Halls 8. Union City
    • They struggled to field a team last year. I don’t see them being much better?