Best Region in 5A

bobafett903

You dont really want me to compare titles with teams that have been in region 4-5a, so ill let you have your fun. Tennessee started 5a in 1993

apples to apples we all know that Riverdale has been the team to beat from 1993 to 2006 so if you want to talk about past history of the East we have everyone beat. Oak Ridge, DB, Maryville, Cleveland, Alcoa, Chattanooga Central, and on and on.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disagreeing with you that middle TN has the best region football, becuase if we were going by this year than ya i think this year the Franklin region or Riverdale regions would be the best. But i don't think it matters how many championships a region has to be considered the best reason for that fact of if you say that, thats kind of like saying the SEC isn't the best conference in the nation becuase they haven't got a national title since LSU got a share of the title with USC. But since then i still think the SEC has had the best conference. They just have to always beat up on eachother. Auburn should have one but they got screwed.

And I would agree with you for the most part. I dont believe you can accurately judge a region unless you do 2 things: Research their OOC schedule and how well or bad they doing against it and how well they do in the playoffs. Even before this past few years when Region 3 has gone south in terms of being a solid region, region 4 has always done very well in the playoffs even if you take out what Riverdale has done. Im just using region 4 as a model, I dont think they are the best and I dont think they've been the same since LC moved out of that region.

As far as top to bottom, 6-5a is the one I think that the best

And I would agree with you for the most part. I dont believe you can accurately judge a region unless you do 2 things: Research their OOC schedule and how well or bad they doing against it and how well they do in the playoffs. Even before this past few years when Region 3 has gone south in terms of being a solid region, region 4 has always done very well in the playoffs even if you take out what Riverdale has done. Im just using region 4 as a model, I dont think they are the best and I dont think they've been the same since LC moved out of that region.

As far as top to bottom, 6-5a is the one I think that the best

Ya i understand what your saying. Only thing i didn't agree with was the win a few championships things. :thumb:

5-2A just isn't as strong this year as the past few years. Thats just my opinion. I mean Oak Ridge got thumped by DB, whether if it was a bad game for Oak Ridge or DB is just that good, normally that game is close. After tonight we will see how close Ooltewah and William Blount are. Soddy is horrible this year. Just not the same region this year in my opinion.

Edited by reaction