Worst overall 5a Region

Trust Me

Haha, you certainly like to wear out a fact, don't you? Here's a few new ones, I was in the marching band for two years, I sing in a band right now, I'm going to major in Education, and I enjoy reading. That should keep you busy for a year or two.

Now back to the subject at hand. I'm not quite sure what your personal grudge against me has to do with this thread and I'm not quite sure what your point is, other than poorly trying to insult me. The fact that Centennial won in that game is an important point in the playoff history between the two regions.

Independence IS a top 10 team, and though I dont think they will beat Franklin tonight, they will most likely place 2nd in the region, and I predict at least a quarterfinal run for them.

As for your feeble remarks about me personally, I really don't care. You're a faceless figure on a message board, and I'm quite content with my past involving Centennial, as well as my knowledge of high school football now.

As for you, I would be more worried about how you feel more inclined to insult someone you don't know, as opposed to actually learning valid information, and then sharing said information on this board. When you learn to do that, perhaps people, myself included, will care what you have to say.

The problem is that the only point you think is valid is "Region 6 rocks...region 5 stinks" and you twist every little piece of info to try and make a point. My VALID point is this...top to bottom, region 6 has not been the strongest region and saying that the top 3 makes it a strong region is obsurd. If that's the case then every year the strongest two regions are the two the finalist come from no matter who the other teams are.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that the only point you think is valid is "Region 6 rocks...region 5 stinks" and you twist every little piece of info to try and make a point. My VALID point is this...top to bottom, region 6 has not been the strongest region and saying that the top 3 makes it a strong region is obsurd. If that's the case then every year the strongest two regions are the two the finalist come from no matter who the other teams are.

Except I never said what you quoted me to say. I said that in the past few years, Region 6 has owned Region 5 in the playoffs. Is that stretch? No. Furthermore, what defines the best region within 5A? Is it statistics based on win percentage? The competition based within the region? Overall championships for a region? There are different asnwers for each of those questions. In my opinion, I judge the best region on how well a region performs against another region both during the season, as well as in the playoffs. There is a difference between the best region and the most competitive region. I think the most competitive region amongst itself is region 8, strictly because you have no idea who will be in the playoffs for that region. Does that make that region the BEST region? Not in my judgement.

By the way, the worst region is not region 3, but region 7.

• 1 month later...

Independence IS a top 10 team, and though I dont think they will beat Franklin tonight, they will most likely place 2nd in the region, and I predict at least a quarterfinal run for them.

4 prediction/statements:

1. Independence IS a top 10 team...nope

2. I dont think they will beat Franklin ...wrong

3. they will most likely place 2nd in the region...try 5th...just ahead of the 3 also-rans

4. I predict at least a quarterfinal run for them...or, maybe, they go watch the playoffs.

Well done back-up kicker dude.

Edited by Lifer

Except I never said what you quoted me to say. I said that in the past few years, Region 6 has owned Region 5 in the playoffs. Is that stretch? No. Furthermore, what defines the best region within 5A? Is it statistics based on win percentage? The competition based within the region? Overall championships for a region? There are different asnwers for each of those questions. In my opinion, I judge the best region on how well a region performs against another region both during the season, as well as in the playoffs. There is a difference between the best region and the most competitive region. I think the most competitive region amongst itself is region 8, strictly because you have no idea who will be in the playoffs for that region. Does that make that region the BEST region? Not in my judgement.

By the way, the worst region is not region 3, but region 7.

I'm going to "piggy-back" off of ambiguousrock's assessment of region 8. I think when you speak of a regions performance as far as toughness is concerned; competitiveness within the region is one important factor. This is why I have dubbed 8-5A to be the ‘SEC’ of High school football. It's an 8 team region with 6 teams that have shots at making the playoff every year. It's the TOUGHEST region to get into the playoffs! That, to me gentlemen, is the epitome of the measurement of toughness. We are not talking about mediocre or weak teams. We are talking about winning programs. You will never convince me there is a tougher region in all of the state, team for team.

8-5A is the SEC of high school football in the state of Tennessee.

Edited by kwc