Smith County vs York

steelcityroller

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one time I have to say the stats tell a false tale...this game would have been way one-sided had Smith County been "on"...Looks like York played as well as they could play...I really believe that SCHS was a little off...but that's ok...we still got the win...

How on earth could you know that york played as well as they could? Do you scout them every week? Maybe the reason the Owls weren't "on" had something to do with the Dragons. Maybe Yorks offense was way off. The QB threw 3 picks in the 4th, we know that's not normal. Who in the world knows? Two teams played on the field. Let's leave it at that and it seemed pretty even to me through 3 1/2, but it is a 4 quarter game, and SC stepped it up late. Let's at least give a little credit to the lowly Dragons.

How on earth could you know that york played as well as they could? Do you scout them every week? Maybe the reason the Owls weren't "on" had something to do with the Dragons. Maybe Yorks offense was way off. The QB threw 3 picks in the 4th, we know that's not normal. Who in the world knows? Two teams played on the field. Let's leave it at that and it seemed pretty even to me through 3 1/2, but it is a 4 quarter game, and SC stepped it up late. Let's at least give a little credit to the lowly Dragons.

Now answer the other numerous posts by SC fans praising YAI's effort. :lol:

You are correct, there are some posts of praise, and it's appreciated, but this one just stuck out to me, I guess. A team loses and someone post saying that they didn't play well is a double slap in the face to the loser. Just saw the Vols blow it in the 4th and that had me in a terrible mood, LOL!

YES.........I said handily. SC didn't play very well on Offense. I said that York's D had something to do with that. Take the credit. Watch the film. If not for 30 yards of penalties on one drive......York wouldn't have ever got close to the endzone. Believe what you want....but....YAI was fortunate to even score. Humble Pie.

Come on copicatt....be realistic here. Without the 2 different yellow flags on your "LONE" scoring drive, YAI does not score. Whether you like it or not, that's the truth. Neither Offenses played particularly well. Credit both "D"s.

Could SC's offense have played better? YES

Could YAI's offense done any different? PROBABLY NOT

Don't let me get you tore up copicatt.....no need to be upset until we meet again. :ph34r:

YAI has BY FAR the dirtiest most cheap shotting team I have ever seen. It wasn't just late either. To anyone who plays them, you better have eyes in the back of your head. They think they are tough when they can hit somebody in the back. :thumb:

Maybe you should watch the film. SC chop blocked Yorks D-line several times and it never was called. York plays hard and a little over aggressive, but they aren't intentionally trying to injure another player through illegal tactics.