Crockett Co. - Dyersburg

cavcav

Alright then, instead of talking teams lets talk individual players. Here are my picks for friday nite:

CROCKETT

Stud-Jarvis Perry, rb/lb, #32. Doesn't sound as though we can win a track meet with the trojans, so the big hoss better be ready to be fed the ball friday night. He was tough for dburg to stop last year. Will an offseason spent in the weightroom make him an even bigger factor? I forsee 150 yds and 2-3 tds.

Dud-Craig Massey, qb, #10. In the two biggest games he has played, massey has thrown ten interceptions. Anybody can air it out when they're up by thirty. Can massey come through in the clutch this time?

Sleeper-Donald White, og/dt, #71. An amazingly quick package of size and power, white is a tough assignment for anyone to draw. And he always plays his best in big games. Look for ten tackles, two in the backfield, and a fumble forced.

And for DYERSBURG

Stud-Antonio Taylor, qb. I think the trojans biggest advantage will be through the air. Taylor is a double threat, so we will need to keep him contained and make sure we get enough of a rush to make him sweat. If not we could have trouble.

Dud-Dyersburg d-line. I think we have an advantage when our offensive line is on the field. We somewhat were able to run on the trojans last year, and though our backs only need a small crease, most of the time our guys are able to open a muc larger hole. Rank, jones, archuleta, white, mosier and co. deserve lots of respect.

Sleeper-Ronnie Mitchell, wr. I think that's his name. Dyersburg has big play potential and this guy combined with taylor could torch us if we don't keep an eye on him all nite long.

Let me hear what ya'll think.

Crockett56 for someone to get on here and post 3 days ahead of crocketts biggest game so far and to say that QB craig massey is a dud is by far the most ignorant statement I have ever heard Are you forgetting he is a 4 year starter and his record speaks for itself and that he carried Crockett deep into playoffs last year with a leg brace and not a full rotation of movement All of the Cavaliers play together as a team and an awesome team at that So I would suggest if you are not going to support your own team maybe you need to stay home. Also plenty of colleges like what they see out of QB Massey so I really doubt anyone cares about your opinion.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett56 for someone to get on here and post 3 days ahead of crocketts biggest game so far and to say that QB craig massey is a dud is by far the most ignorant statement I have ever heard Are you forgetting he is a 4 year starter and his record speaks for itself and that he carried Crockett deep into playoffs last year with a leg brace and not a full rotation of movement All of the Cavaliers play together as a team and an awesome team at that So I would suggest if you are not going to support your own team maybe you need to stay home. Also plenty of colleges like what they see out of QB Massey so I really doubt anyone cares about your opinion.

that is a crockett fan speaking,,, what college has massy had intrest shown from,,, lambuth,,, not downing massy but he cant move well enough to play qb in college, and his arm isnt strong enough either,,, massy is good at the wing t he does his job well, but how many d1 schools run a wing t

that is a crockett fan speaking,,, what college has massy had intrest shown from,,, lambuth,,, not downing massy but he cant move well enough to play qb in college, and his arm isnt strong enough either,,, massy is good at the wing t he does his job well, but how many d1 schools run a wing t

who said anything about D1 there are other options by the way where did you get your education?

ok highschoolsportsfan....... i know your game now......just have not figured out who you are yet....

by the way.......your post gave it away cause up until this week, the spelling and grammar have been bad......so bad i realized it was intentional.....

then there is the suspicion of cross posting under a different name......i suspect you know me and if so, then you know my background....... and what makes me suspicious of cross posting was some extremely similar linguistic traits...

inspector gadget is all on this case..............

It's either what you said or he is bi-polar with multiple personalities... :thumb:

you are correct in many ways but the last loaded season before counce came was in the 70's,,, my daughter was in school when the trojans went 13-1in 97 and the state gazett published that team was the best since the 50's team that worley played on,,,so come on man dyersburg was like crockett use to be,, they were everyones homecomming,,,,MG i knew you would figure me out :P

that sports writer wasnt around d"burg then..he never even knew where d"burg was..the 40"s-50"s belonged to the Golden Trojans (as they were known then) ..over 30 D1 players mostly Vols..Two Were ALL AMERICANS..One went to Vandy "THE CHIEF" as he was known..ALL AMERICA Also and played pro football for the Giants in the infamous PRO FOOTBALL Championship game of 1958..you didnt know that did you?? ..thats why i posted about the older hisory of D"burg football thats older than any posting now would know, especially without checking first before you respond ! yes the 97 team would have been state champs had it not been for Big John from Pearl-Cohn.. and NO.. D"burg was Never as bad as Crokcett was before PA...D"burgs downfall during the 60-80 was the school board putting Pressure on the head coach to play their sons or friends sons (reason for the better players not playing while in h.s. because they knew they wouldnt play)....All the coaches D"burg had during the down years were excellant coaches..all left because of the pressure of wanting to coach like they wanted too.== play his best players but couldnt,therefore the best players didnt play...even Hooks was under that pressure.. Counce has been too at times, but his knowledge of football,teaching and conditioning is the Best around the state Bar None !!!! however,he is only the 3rd best coach D"burg has had (1. Bowden Wyatt, 2.Jerry Stripling) BACK IN THE DAY as they say, which you dont have a clue because of your age and not checking records before posting! GO TROJANS !! I still prefer Golden Trojans=== BACK IN THE DAY ;):P

My gahhhh i cant wait till tommorow night and will solve all this.............i bet there will still be arguing on here monday no matter who wins sum one will be one here sayin will so and so got hurt or we didnt play good etc etc........... anyways ive gotta say crockett 30 dburg 21 no desrespectin just a guess!!!!! GO CROCKETT!!! :thumb:

Best of luck dburg

My gahhhh i cant wait till tommorow night and will solve all this.............i bet there will still be arguing on here monday no matter who wins sum one will be one here sayin will so and so got hurt or we didnt play good etc etc........... anyways ive gotta say crockett 30 dburg 21 no desrespectin just a guess!!!!! GO CROCKETT!!! :thumb:

Best of luck dburg

It will probably never be settled. There will always be some excuse by some of the losing side's fans.

Myself, I think this game could be a classic. The teams are very similar, are well-coached, and disciplined.

I could stick my neck way out (and guess I will) with a prediction. Crockett County wins this one, 27-24.

Ok. Who said i didn't support the team? I support everyone on it! Massey included! I'm just honest enough with myself to look at the past and be able to say that there maybe a problem there. I've been on the field with craig massey in several big games. It's not pretty. Wanna talk records? I think my grandaddy could have compiled a record that good if he'd had stars like earnest williams, tyler mosier, jarvis perry, and the johnsons to hand off and throw to. Massey's a four year starter cause THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE start those first two years. He has a tendency to lose his composure and force the ball into spots where it won't fit. I am of the opinion that part of being a good fan is being honest with yourself about your team and players, and being able to see the positives and negatives.

I DO feel like massey gives us the best opportunity to win this game. He knows the offense like the back of his hand. His arm is strong, and his size is better than in years past. The new offensive coordinator has helped him make bigtime progress. And don't get me wrong i'd love to see him do a peyton manning impression all over the dyersburg secondary.

Ideal scenario for crockett? Massey throws for 250, two scores, and we win big.

Realistically, i'd like to see him pass 8-10 times for around 100 yards and NO picks. Worst case scenario? He crumbles, starts forcing throws and holding on to the ball to long, throws a pick, loses his confidence, and dburg is off to the races with our region title.

And...where exactly are all these colleges? I know craig is a heck of a baseball player and is getting lots of looks for that, but football wise i've heard campbellsville and maybe rhodes and that's it.

see, this is how we should talk about the big match-up between two of the best teams in west tennessee.....

by the way...it is rashad taylor..... and a question....why taylor over caldwell as the stud?

also regarding the dud - i agree that dyersburg's front on d has been very questionable...... i do know they they have a lot of speed for their size, but so far this season, there has been only bright spots....

ohwell , i guess we will see how they do friday night....

Good call, and sorry about the guy's first name. I knew but just got ahead of myself. Too many early classes i guess.

Anyways, i picked him because i really feel like crockett's defense will be geared up to stop Tyler Caldwell. He is the big name guy, and i'm sure he has loads and loads of talent. But i think with their touted receiving core that the trojans have a sizable advantage in the secondary. If RASHAD has time, he could have a big game.

And no disrespect to ya'll's front seven. Elam is a monster, and i'm sure since it is dyersburg everybody will have size and everybody will be able to move.

Edited by crockett56

It will probably never be settled. There will always be some excuse by some of the losing side's fans.

Myself, I think this game could be a classic. The teams are very similar, are well-coached, and disciplined.

I could stick my neck way out (and guess I will) with a prediction. Crockett County wins this one, 27-24.

well u would be sticking it out to get it cut off

:thumb:

Ok. Who said i didn't support the team? I support everyone on it! Massey included! I'm just honest enough with myself to look at the past and be able to say that there maybe a problem there. I've been on the field with craig massey in several big games. It's not pretty. Wanna talk records? I think my grandaddy could have compiled a record that good if he'd had stars like earnest williams, tyler mosier, jarvis perry, and the johnsons to hand off and throw to. Massey's a four year starter cause THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE start those first two years. He has a tendency to lose his composure and force the ball into spots where it won't fit. I am of the opinion that part of being a good fan is being honest with yourself about your team and players, and being able to see the positives and negatives.

I DO feel like massey gives us the best opportunity to win this game. He knows the offense like the back of his hand. His arm is strong, and his size is better than in years past. The new offensive coordinator has helped him make bigtime progress. And don't get me wrong i'd love to see him do a peyton manning impression all over the dyersburg secondary.

Ideal scenario for crockett? Massey throws for 250, two scores, and we win big.

Realistically, i'd like to see him pass 8-10 times for around 100 yards and NO picks. Worst case scenario? He crumbles, starts forcing throws and holding on to the ball to long, throws a pick, loses his confidence, and dburg is off to the races with our region title.

And...where exactly are all these colleges? I know craig is a heck of a baseball player and is getting lots of looks for that, but football wise i've heard campbellsville and maybe rhodes and that's it.

:thumb::lol: i believe you are honest and i respect you thoughts, it should be a good game and will be determind on penalties an turnovers