Crockett Co. - Dyersburg

cavcav

First of all when D'burg was exciting their game plan the were moving the football well. Like that option play that was working but then the just lost it. It dissapperaed. It like the coaches took it out the playbook, If I remember right Perry was the one defensive play that would wtep up on the quarterback and the pitch was there all night but for some reason we forgot that play, also we didnt run shane miles until late in the third and usually he is hoss for us, heck like I said when he did get used it worked well, but they forget that too. We were completely out of sink last night on both sides of the ball, Massey had no pressure on him, and they doubled toeam J.T so there was a linebacker open or tackle. We didn't play good ball, no excution. There were holes there and we didnt feel them on D and didnt hit them on offense. And I give you the stat line on penalites but look at when and how the cost the teams and you'll see a huge advantage on CCHS part. heck we had those two False starts that made it 2 and 20, and then the next seres a hold that put us back, In the second half. . You can say all you want, and I have already said congrats a few times but you didn't face the real trojans last night. SORRY, and just for you information, I would step on out there and send a few resumes out but I am only a 20 year old , and unless you guys wanna fire P.A , aka your savior, SHUT YOUR MOUTHS, cuz at 20 you couldn't match my knowledge on football. Although I sound dumb to you , I am like 28 of 30 on my High School picks this year,so I must know something

Let's give this a try:

1) "When Dyersburg executed they moved the football well." Execution is as important (if not more so) at the high school level. Crockett County has one of the best records in West Tennessee over the past few years. How many former Cavaliers have earned Division I scholarships (Not including I-AA)? Exactly one- Earnest Williams. To win that consistently takes execution, preparation, and dedication. Yes, there has been much talent at Crockett County, but there has been more on the other side of the ball on many nights. Execution is a vital part of being a good football team. Not executing is often the result of defensive pressure.

2)" we didnt run shane miles until late in the third and usually he is hoss for us, heck like I said when he did get used it worked well, but they forget that too." So your point is what- coaching cost you the game? Coach Counce had your guys prepared- they just ran into a better team on this particular night. Will Crockett County be the better team if they meet again? Maybe so, maybe not. But this time, Crockett County was the better team. Period.

3)" Massey had no pressure on him, and they doubled toeam J.T so there was a linebacker open or tackle." Massey didn't feel tremedous pressure because PA and staff were ready for your defense. I can assure you that Craig rolled out of the pocket by design as many times tonight as he probably has in the past three years. When he rolled, he more often than not found his receiver and hit him for a gain. For whatever Cavalier fans have thought in the past about Craig, certainly he earned respect tonight. He delivered in a big way and led his teammates to victory. He has matured into a very good quarterback.

4)"There were holes there and we didnt feel them on D and didnt hit them on offense" So, Dyersburg had opportunities and didn't take advantage? Again, maybe a better team beat them this time around.

5)" I would step on out there and send a few resumes out but I am only a 20 year old , and unless you guys wanna fire P.A , aka your savior, SHUT YOUR MOUTHS, cuz at 20 you couldn't match my knowledge on football." Well for starters, to coach you have to be a teacher. To teach, you have to have some similance of intelligence and grammatical skills, so I wouldn't be wasting my time. I can assure you that PA and his staff have forgotten more football in their lifetimes than you have ever known. If its okay by you, I think we will keep PA around here just a bit longer. You see, we're getting kind of accustomed to winning football teams after all the dry years we had around here.

And as far as your other post about how hard PA works the players I can tell you this- NO ONE holds guns to the kids and makes them play- it is a choice they make. From having sons go through the football program (and not play high school ball after their freshamn year), I can tell you there has been quite a bit of talent over the years to never play a down of high school football. If you suggest that you can take a moribund program and turn it into one of pride without hard work, dedication, and sweat, then you, my friend, are sorely wrong. There has never been a team to win it all that hasn't put in the work. Talent only takes you so far. If not, why would professional athletes even practice at all?

Just face facts- Dyersburg got beaten tonight by a team that deserve to win the game. Turnovers were not a factor, and despite your claim, neither was penalties. The numbers don't lie- Crockett had more penalties than Dyersburg.

Your team played hard, and played with class all night long. It was a great game, and it is does your team a disservice for all the excuse. Tonight, they got outplayed. Next time, maybe not. But tonight, yes.

Edited by crockettfan

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the only seat available, I'll take it! :thumb:

You'll be able to see me also as I will have black and gold on. Just wave when you see me get there. :ph34r:

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hope you had a good trip over and enjoyed the game (outcome not withstanding).

I noticed your lineman Tetleton limped off of the field late. Hope it wasn't serious.

That offensive line was as good as advertised- they did a geat job against a very good, very physical defensive line.

One question if you don't mind? What was up with the mass fan exodus after the interception late in the game? There was still 1:39 left on the clock. I can assure you that I didn't quit worrying about the outcome until after Perry punched in the final touchdown. I guess it just surprised my wife and I both that so many fans seemed to throw in the towel at that point.

Edited by crockettfan

Looking forward to this matchup next Friday. Let's keep this thread clean and talk about a good game and not try to run each other in the ground! Let the talks begin.....

Looking back, do you realize, cavcav, that it only took 6 hours and 25 minutes to destroy this notion?

It's a shame how one or two fans can make a whole school look bad. We have definitely had that problem with some of our fans, so I'm not going to point fingers.

Can't we all just get along?

Edited by crockettfan

Crockett County was the better team; there is no question about it! Crockettfan said it all. CC had more penalties than Dburg and we saw a nice CC drive erased by a holding call, so that's not the issue. Congratulations to Crockett County for playing hard to beat a great Dburg team.

Allow me to apologize for some of my fellow Dyersburg fans. My post on the game was filed last night about an hour after it ended. I recommend that you look for it in a separate threat. The keys to the game were Crockett County's defensive pursuit, Dyersburg's failure to awaken to the reality of playing a tough team in a hostile environment, Massey's incredible third down pass completion for a TD, and about 4 crucial plays. Dyersburg's penalties came at crucial points in the game (not saying that they weren't deserved--just mentioning this to show a lack of focus) and runs by Caldwell and Taylor which have gone for 30-40 yards against other teams went for 10 or 12 against the Cavaliers. Dyersburg's longest play from scrimmage was 21 yards, and for a team which is explosive, that says a lot.

Let's all move on. I doubt if they're gonna change the score at this stage.

Edited by Augielio

Allow me to apologize for some of my fellow Dyersburg fans. My post on the game was filed last night about an hour after it ended. I recommend that you look for it in a separate threat. The keys to the game were Crockett County's defensive pursuit, Dyersburg's failure to awaken to the reality of playing a tough team in a hostile environment, Massey's incredible third down pass completion for a TD, and about 4 crucial plays. Dyersburg's penalties came at crucial points in the game (not saying that they weren't deserved--just mentioning this to show a lack of focus) and runs by Caldwell and Taylor which have gone for 30-40 yards against other teams went for 10 or 12 against the Cavaliers. Dyersburg's longest play from scrimmage was 21 yards, and for a team which is explosive, that says a lot.

Well said. Good luck to the Trojans the rest of theway. You have a fine football team.

This was just a great ballgame...one of the best I've seen in all the years of watching CC football. Thank you for this very thoughtful and well written post and best of luck to the Trojans in the rest of the season.

Ha Ha Ha makes you feel good when were should be talking footbal ur puting your mind on TYP-Os, ,,Good one..And no UR isn't a typ-o sorry it a common used computer slang. before you judge I don't think ur my englis theacher so go to heck, and Let you 7 year old that if he wants in a few years I will give him a job cutting our grass xuz I would feel bad for him if he has to play for CCHS, and Coach Pratt who knows he work them boys to the bone this week, then has the balls to say people take the game to seriously, Yeah right, say that after wards...I can't wait to see you guys again, and I can see it now, just get you popcorn ready cuz D'burg will put on a show next time.

We need to bring in the WAAAmbulance for this guy. The only thing that kept trojansfan_04 out of college was high school...

I had a wonderful time friday night. Great football and one of the best atmospheres I have experience in west Tn. It's a good thing I am typing this because my voice still isn't all the way there yet.

The only thing that I can complain about is this. I was lucky enough to get great seats for my wife and I but if this rivalry keeps going you need more seats for the visitors :thumb: . I hope we get another chance to play you again in the playoffs but I have to get my voice back before then.

Two great teams met friday night and the Cavaliers came into the game hungrier than the Trojans. I believe this can only do our team good. They realize that the bar has been raised and they are going to have to step into every game playing 110% starting with the opening kick off.

Good game and congratulations Cavaliers! You came out hitting the trojans in the mouth and it took D'burg too long to counter.