Hampton @ Unaka

Bulldogs#1

Temple would beat Hampton. Hampton can't deffend the pass. Even if you could deffend the pass, you couldn't deffend Skogen. He's probably going to Tennessee. But like i said, IF Unaka can minamize the damage done by Townsend, it'll be a game

hmmmmm......I think that Unicoi threw the crap out of the ball last night and again, hmmmm........look at the stats from that game. I think we defended it pretty darn well. Unicoi's quarterback was 7-22 for 58 yards and 2 interceptions and 0 TD's. Case closed. We defend it pretty good. :thumb:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmm......I think that Unicoi threw the crap out of the ball last night and again, hmmmm........look at the stats from that game. I think we defended it pretty darn well. Unicoi's quarterback was 7-22 for 58 yards and 2 interceptions and 0 TD's. Case closed. We defend it pretty good. :thumb:

OK. Let me rephrase that for you. Hampton can't deffend a good passing attack.

Evidnetly you have not saw the Ranger play. Temple was a private school. The Bulldogs had better have the balls to back up where your mouth is.

CAK is an established private 2a school, Johnson Co put a country whooping on um. Hampton should have beat Johnson Co. I think they will have enough gitty up go to play with Unaka. Hampton has a good team and Adam is on it.

Evidnetly you have not saw the Ranger play. Temple was a private school. The Bulldogs had better have the balls to back up where your mouth is.

The Bulldogs have the balls, this game might be close for awhile, Carter County Rivalry and all, but Hampton wins this game going away 36-14 Edited by HamptonBulldogs1

Obviously, there is some animosity here, why not just sit back and watch and game and have some civility and humbleness. Good luck to both teams and Go Dogs!

And now for the "big rivalry"

I believe that Unaka, since playing Hampton, has beaten them a total of 4 times in the 40 or so years they've played each other. My dad played in the 70's and I believe lost to them by a point or 2 because of a bad snap on a punt. My uncle, on the other hand, actually beat Hampton the year after. I, as my dad did, lost to Hampton. I wouldn't really consider it much of a rivalry at all, but none the less, it is always exciting getting ready for Hampton. There hasn't been much of a balance in the W-L column to be considered a huge rivalry, but it is a rivalry indeed.

Now back to this year....

Unaka has been pretty solid this year. Hampton has executed extremely well this year as well. Yes, the Skogan boys are really that good. ANY team would have trouble trying to defend them. Now with that being said, from many different reliable sources, Townsend is really as advertised. I personally haven't seen him run yet, but from what i've heard, he is extremely good. Unaka will have quite the uphill battle ahead of them with this Hampton team. They will have to minimize on fundamental mistakes and execute perfectly. If that happens, it could turn out to be a game. If not, it could end quickly. Hampton has quite the manpower to take it deep into the playoffs.

For the bigger picture, this might be the top 2 teams in region 1-1a playing. Unaka has the ability to beat the remaining conference teams and finish 2nd, in my honest opinion. It won't be easy b/c, as the old saying goes, any team can beat any team on any given night. Hopefully, both teams will execute well and we can see what they both have for playoff concerns (I know i'm getting ahead of the subject....just making references for the "bigger picture"). Both teams leave everything on the field and hold nothing back; make it war out there. If this turns out to be a barn-burner...fantastic. It will help both teams tremendously. To sum it up, I do bleed maroon...Good Luck Rangers :lol:

And for FallSportFan, I do respect your opinion. I never had the chance to respond to your post....seems like I did hit a nerve with you. I wasn't offended; we all have the right to our own opinions. No need to be getting emotional about it now :lol:

Edited by footballfan4life