Brentwood Academy vs. McCallie

Buzzman

Didn't seem like had the speed for safety.

You guys just did a good job against him. If he did average 6 yards this past Friday, I am surprised. He ran a 4.3 this summer and is probably one of the fastest guys on the team. If you saw him against Ravenwood, you would think he was fast. You guys just would not leave him alone long enough for him to get up any steam. I hope if we play again you would please stop that.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Quote from fan6) "I really like D. Bledsoe (great kid), but do you really think he brings more to the table? I thought one of the key differences in the game were the McCallie receivers. Colman is the real deal, but he had some guys making him look even better than he would have by making some great grabs. I don't know if they missed any "catchable" balls all night while BA did."

I went to the game Friday night with a buddy who saw Bledsoe play against McCallie last year in the playoffs. He said that Caffee is bigger but that Bledsoe has a cool head and doesn't get rattled under the gun, as does Caffee. He said that Bledsoe seems to have more of a "head" for QB then Caffee. He says that he will set back in the pocket and find his open receivers. He also said that he remembers him having a "pretty darn good arm". Didn't he beat McCallie in the playoffs? And if my memory serves me correct, it was said on Coacht that Caffe struggled with pressure last year in Texas and that is why he was in a rotation at QB.

Edited by EastTN74

You guys just did a good job against him. If he did average 6 yards this past Friday, I am surprised. He ran a 4.3 this summer and is probably one of the fastest guys on the team. If you saw him against Ravenwood, you would think he was fast. You guys just would not leave him alone long enough for him to get up any steam. I hope if we play again you would please stop that.

I was going to qualify my observation. He was toting around a couple of McC players most of the night. I think he had 70+ yards which isn't shoddy against a decent defense.

I really like D. Bledsoe (great kid), but do you really think he brings more to the table? I thought one of the key differences in the game were the McCallie receivers. Colman is the real deal, but he had some guys making him look even better than he would have by making some great grabs. I don't know if they missed any "catchable" balls all night while BA did.

I went to the game Friday night with a buddy who saw Bledsoe play against McCallie last year in the playoffs. He said that Caffee is bigger but that Bledsoe has a cool head and doesn't get rattled under the gun, as does Caffee. He said that Bledsoe seems to have more of a "head" for QB then Caffee. He says that he will set back in the pocket and find his open receivers. He also said that he remembers him having a "pretty darn good arm". Didn't he beat McCallie in the playoffs? And if my memory serves me correct, it was said on Coacht that Caffe struggled with pressure last year in Texas and that is why he was in a rotation at QB.

He did beat McC last year in a heart breaker - at least the hearts on one side of the field!

I really like D. Bledsoe (great kid), but do you really think he brings more to the table? I thought one of the key differences in the game were the McCallie receivers. Colman is the real deal, but he had some guys making him look even better than he would have by making some great grabs. I don't know if they missed any "catchable" balls all night while BA did.

After watching all 5 games and the last few throws against McCallie I am ready to offer my opinion that Bledsoe is better. I agree with everything your buddy told you. He was the QB in the playoff game against McCallie.

Colman is the real deal, but he had some guys making him look even better than he would have by making some great grabs. I don't know if they missed any "catchable" balls all night while BA did.

That is probably one detail that has escaped our analysis. There were a couple of incredible grabs by McCallie receivers that were huge.

After watching all 5 games and the last few throws against McCallie I am ready to offer my opinion that Bledsoe is better. I agree with everything your buddy told you. He was the QB in the playoff game against McCallie.

I am still baffled as how two players, Ford and Bledsoe, that were starters at the end of last season, lost their starting positions to two new players before the season even began. I've always thought that you had to earn a starting spot, not have it handed to you.

How much playing time has Bledsoe had since the Ravenwood game?

I think he holds for the extra points. Zero at QB.

Well, it looks like the other QB got just what he wanted when he moved here from Aledo. A starting position with no rotation at QB. I guess when you move across country to play for a team, you should be rewarded, right. Although, after reading all the posts, it still sounds like Caffee is having the same problems at BA that he did at Aledo. Making the right decisions under pressure.

Aledo High is 3-0 and have just moved into their new stadium.

Well, it looks like the other QB got just what he wanted when he moved here from Aledo. A starting position with no rotation at QB. I guess when you move across country to play for a team, you should be rewarded, right. Although, after reading all the posts, it still sounds like Caffee is having the same problems at BA that he did at Aledo. Making the right decisions under pressure.

Aledo High is 3-0 and have just moved into their new stadium.

Well I, personally, am ready for his arrangement to change at BA.

I do not know anything about Aledo. However, Brentwood Academy is about a lot more than football. I hope Trent agrees. I know that is often all that outsiders see about us. For instance we know exactly down to each stat how Trent did against McCallie this past Friday. It is boring news to report what role he is playing in the contruction of another Habitat for Humanity house that the BA senior class is building. I know that sounds corny and melodramatic, but I am just trying to illustrate that I would not totally measure Trent's move by his football season.