Science Hill @ Sevier County

topvol98

Wow. Reading this stuff takes me back. I am a senior at Daniel Boone up in northeast TN, but I used to live and play in Sevier County. I remember all those guys you mentioned. Trey, Chad, James. Wesley Davis is still one of my better friends. I hope you guys can pull it out this week... good luck to both teams.

#52 Bradley Bacon

Boone Pride.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah yes, Sevier Co... as you pull in with the fence and all the flags out in front of the school you know you're in for a treat. then you get back to the field where it's a huge one sided (the home side) steep buncha seats. and the slope on the field is crazy as is the sloppyness if it rains. during the 2004 i got so muddy it was ridiculous....

i really hope SHHS would throw more and open up the spread offense, i feel they can't throw very well because tucker doesn't seem comfortable. i want to see 200+ (at least) yard passing games! look for a big game from solomon (who SHOULD be the starter and get almost every carry at this point) my pred.... Sevier Co. 21 SHHS 20... going all the way down to the 4th qtr.

btw, that Danny Thomas for the Vikings is gonna be a good one. shoulda started him last year over Booher (heh)

really hope SHHS would throw more and open up the spread offense, i feel they can't throw very well because tucker doesn't seem comfortable. i want to see 200+ (at least) yard passing games! look for a big game from solomon (who SHOULD be the starter and get almost every carry at this point) my pred.... Sevier Co. 21 SHHS 20... going all the way down to the 4th qtr.

Hmmm been three games now and the offense still hasn't been able to move consistently and hasn't been able to live off the big play since the competition has stepped up. Solomon has no problem with his role on the team and not being an "starter" doesn't bother him. He's happy with his carries and leads the team in that regard. Last year this offense was ran by an tremendous athlete, who was very comfortable with what he was doing. He could make all the throws that he needed to to stretch the defense to create running lanes that he and his backs would have alot of space. Looks like defenses are spreading the ends to prevent the option from getting outside of the tackles and the qb is reading hand off to the dive. Without the ability to go downfield in the passing game this offense has alot of three and outs which is absolutely wearing the defense out. The coaches need to be more creative in getting the playmakers into space or do more to find out who the playmakers are on the team. The offensive lineman have way too much pressure on them to make the perfect block everytime because if they don't the play seems to blow up. These are some hard working kids that deserve every opportunity to win and friday night is an stepping stone to that but it's going to be a very tall hill to climb. There were injuries in the JV game last night that will hurt depth so I will have to wait on an predication.

Hmmm been three games now and the offense still hasn't been able to move consistently and hasn't been able to live off the big play since the competition has stepped up. Solomon has no problem with his role on the team and not being an "starter" doesn't bother him. He's happy with his carries and leads the team in that regard. Last year this offense was ran by an tremendous athlete, who was very comfortable with what he was doing. He could make all the throws that he needed to to stretch the defense to create running lanes that he and his backs would have alot of space. Looks like defenses are spreading the ends to prevent the option from getting outside of the tackles and the qb is reading hand off to the dive. Without the ability to go downfield in the passing game this offense has alot of three and outs which is absolutely wearing the defense out. The coaches need to be more creative in getting the playmakers into space or do more to find out who the playmakers are on the team. The offensive lineman have way too much pressure on them to make the perfect block everytime because if they don't the play seems to blow up. These are some hard working kids that deserve every opportunity to win and friday night is an stepping stone to that but it's going to be a very tall hill to climb. There were injuries in the JV game last night that will hurt depth so I will have to wait on an predication.

Who got hurt? What was the score on the JV game?

SCBear . . . Good post! I can't help but wonder if you're not playing your team down too much. I have no doubt SC will be a tough team to play Friday night.

I have looked for a SCHS roster online and can't find it. Do you know of a roster?

Power,

Maybe I am playing them down a tad but I see the potential (specifically the offense) to perform much better and with the way we have failed to execute consistently it is just very fustrating. I lost count long ago on how many big plays and drives that have been called back or stalled due to a turnover, penalty, bobbled snap, etc. The fact is that we are not good enough to overcome all of these self-inflicted gaffs and beat the better teams coming up. (again see the WB loss which really sticks in my craw). Plus this outlook only helps to reinforce my "glass is half empty" persona anyway. :thumb:

Who knows, maybe this is the game we put it all together finally.

The Knoxville News-Senseless has online rosters and semi up-to-date stats.

Sevier County Bears

ah yes, Sevier Co... as you pull in with the fence and all the flags out in front of the school you know you're in for a treat. then you get back to the field where it's a huge one sided (the home side) steep buncha seats. and the slope on the field is crazy as is the sloppyness if it rains. during the 2004 i got so muddy it was ridiculous....

i really hope SHHS would throw more and open up the spread offense, i feel they can't throw very well because tucker doesn't seem comfortable. i want to see 200+ (at least) yard passing games! look for a big game from solomon (who SHOULD be the starter and get almost every carry at this point) my pred.... Sevier Co. 21 SHHS 20... going all the way down to the 4th qtr.

btw, that Danny Thomas for the Vikings is gonna be a good one. shoulda started him last year over Booher (heh)

I'm sure coach Bowles would like to see that also. I know for a fact they are working in practice on getting the ball to Smith 6'5" and Adams 6'6" more. SH should be just throwing the ball up to those guys and letting them jump for it.

Power,

Maybe I am playing them down a tad but I see the potential (specifically the offense) to perform much better and with the way we have failed to execute consistently it is just very fustrating. I lost count long ago on how many big plays and drives that have been called back or stalled due to a turnover, penalty, bobbled snap, etc. The fact is that we are not good enough to overcome all of these self-inflicted gaffs and beat the better teams coming up. (again see the WB loss which really sticks in my craw). Plus this outlook only helps to reinforce my "glass is half empty" persona anyway. :thumb:

Who knows, maybe this is the game we put it all together finally.

The Knoxville News-Senseless has online rosters and semi up-to-date stats.

Sevier County Bears

SCBear . . . We are a bit frustrated with our offense too.

Thanks for the link and good luck to you guys B)

Somebody should explain to the Toppers AD about the importance of a home game every once in a while. Who in their right mind schedules 4 road games to start the season and only 4 home games all year, with 6 on the road?

I am glad it is the Topper's AD instead of the Indian's!!

Sevier County will shut down the Toppers 28-7

Giddy Up!!