Jeff Co vs D-B

PatsFtbll9

Riverdale played at OR last year so I assume that game will take place somewhere in region 3 or 4

I will try to simplify my understanding of the playoff system

No matter what year the first two playoff games are played at the highest seed's home field. Game three is alternated year to year if both number 1 seed's from their region meet. If two number one seeds do not meet in game three is goes back to the highest seed is at home.

The same applies to the semi-final game. This is where the confusion comes in. I will use region 1 and two for discussion. Region one is home for the quarter finals on even numberd years and region 2 odd years.

If number one seeds do not meet in the quarter and semis the highest seed at home rule applies and odd and even years still apply the next season..... I think

Edited by Wildmanfan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Science Hill beat DB? What's the series record? Just curious.

DB has won the last 12 games in the series..DB hold the All-time series 55-23-5. . Graham Clark is 12-1 vs the Toppers.

And the Indians Football Team (Players and Coaches) are looking ahead to Friday Night.. not the Playoffs.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

It will be a close, hard fought game - more defense and less scoring that what most think. If DB players can not get their heads out of the clouds, stop believing their press clippings and ranking - the Pats will win.

This Indians Team is not thinking anymore about the OR game or the Rankings... those things mean nothing. One game at a time. Jeff Co. is more important to the Indians than OR is, as far as the Region and that does relate to the Playoffs. The Pats have never been taken lightly by a Graham Clark Team, and that will continue. This Indians Team, led by Senior after Senior, has their sights set on the Pats.. and that means one thing... DB will win, and I expect they will light it up against a hard playing, but overmatched Patriots team.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

This Indians Team is not thinking anymore about the OR game or the Rankings... those things mean nothing. One game at a time. Jeff Co. is more important to the Indians than OR is, as far as the Region and that does relate to the Playoffs. The Pats have never been taken lightly by a Graham Clark Team, and that will continue. This Indians Team, led by Senior after Senior, has their sights set on the Pats.. and that means one thing... DB will win, and I expect they will light it up against a hard playing, but overmatched Patriots team.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

How many seniors are starting and how does it look for you next year?

In reply to previous posts, yes I was talking about 5A only. The teams that are contenders in E. Tenn would be Oak Ridge still, DB, Ootelwah, William Blount as stated before. but overrall mid tenn has taken 5A between Riverdale, Riverdale, and oh yeah Riverdale...it's been a dynasty I got feeling somethings about to change in the 'boro. I think an E. Tenn team has it this year....but of course to get there they need to look at the here and now and not down the road.

Roll Tribe Roll

Contender you're right about that. I think it's going to be Riverdale v DB in the semis, thats a long way off, and of course take them one at a time. But, I've seen over 30 years of hs ball, and I think this DB team has all the pieces in place to make the semis and/or state. But I don't think those other teams are legit conteners, not this year. Some DB fans fear the upset slip up, I don't believe this group of seniors will let that happen, though. I'd love to see Riverdale at the Fred.