lipscomb at cheatham

coach5

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey playintowin you don't quite speak for me on this one. There is no question that Lipscomb should win this game. They will enter the game as the favorites and that is well deserved. They beat the Cubs twice last year, they are experienced while the Cubs are still trying to find an identity, and in their last three games the Mustangs have outscored the opposition by a combined score of 107-6. That's awesome seeing as how two of those teams, Page & Greenbrier, have already beaten the likes of White House and Marshall Co. this year. Lipscomb's going to have a great ground attack led by the duo of Matt Elrod and Jeremy Holt. The Mustangs defense that I spoke about earlier is led by the likes of Donnie Hudson, Dale Binkley, and Ben Lehning. The Cubs will have to be sharp on the offensive side of the ball to compete in this one. That means limit the turnovers and somehow they must establish a ground attack against the Mustangs. Defensively the Cubs must STOP THE RUN!!!! Field position, turnovers, and the running game will decide this one. It's "Homecoming 2006" for the Cubs and after last night I know the guys will be anxious to hit the field and put that game in their rearview mirrors. Expect a large crowd at Mike Jareau Field this week and expect another great battle between two teams that really started a region rivalry with one another last year.

Lipscomb is the favorite but anyone who starts counting the Cubs out, as was the case throughout this past week, would be foolish.

Hey vandy1 when will the preview for this one be posted on The Mustang Fan Page?????

Peter Powell will probably turn his preview of the game either on Wed or Thursday. We'll announce it here on Coach T. Depth Chart will be posted either on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.

Where do you suggest the Radio crew to have its pregame meal?

I know one thing, last week everyone said Sycamore would beat Cheatham by a score of 42-7 or something stupid like that. I think that Cheatham made a statement by making sycamore happy as could be to just win that game. Sycamore got out of there with a two point win, and could have easily got beaten. This is a very young cubs team, which spells bad things for sycamore and everyone else in years to come. Cheatham probably won't win friday night, but I will guarantee they will play hard. That's what they do at Cheatham. :thumb:

I don't believe the Mustangs will be taking Cheatam County lightly. The Cubs may have been the most physical team we played last year. I still remember the lick that Casteel put on Matt Elrod in the opening drive of last year's game. Jacket2557 is right - Cheatham County comes to play and play hard. Should be a good game.

Peter Powell will probably turn his preview of the game either on Wed or Thursday. We'll announce it here on Coach T. Depth Chart will be posted either on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.

Where do you suggest the Radio crew to have its pregame meal?

Do you need a depth chart for the Cubs as well?????

We usually have coolers full of cokes and some pizza in the press box on Friday nights. You guys are all welcome to grab yourselves a bite to eat. As far as where you all need to set up shop this week I will be there early, as usual, this week so I will get in touch with you.

Have a safe trip over this week and I just hope that we can make you all feel as welcomed as you did us last year (TWICE) :o

OBVIOUSLY, Lipscomb should beat Cheatham County this year by at least a couple of TD's. Last year Lipscomb's scores looked a bit more impressive than they looked on the field against Cheatham because the Cubs turned the ball over 8 times in those 2 games, and each one seemed to kill a scoring drive. Most of the impact players from that Cheatham Co. team are gone. This will be a tough game for the Cubs to say the least, but they always play hard-nosed football. Cheatham can match physical play with anyone, but the disparity in the talent is what they are going to have trouble with in this game.