lipscomb at cheatham

coach5

Was this post supposed to make sense?

If so, what are you trying to say?

OBVIOUSLY, Lipscomb should beat Cheatham County this year by at least a couple of TD's. Last year Lipscomb's scores looked a bit more impressive than they looked on the field against Cheatham because the Cubs turned the ball over 8 times in those 2 games, and each one seemed to kill a scoring drive. Most of the impact players from that Cheatham Co. team are gone. This will be a tough game for the Cubs to say the least, but they always play hard-nosed football. Cheatham can match physical play with anyone, but the disparity in the talent is what they are going to have trouble with in this game.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb play's a very weak schedule. Goodpasture is the only good team that they play and they refuse to scheudle schools in a larger classification. Why don't they challange their team and play some of their neighbors ( all schools but BA are within 3-5 miles) like Hillsboro, Father Ryan, Overton, Brentwood Academy or MBA?

Lipscomb play's a very weak schedule. Goodpasture is the only good team that they play and they refuse to scheudle schools in a larger classification. Why don't they challange their team and play some of their neighbors ( all schools but BA are within 3-5 miles) like Hillsboro, Father Ryan, Overton, Brentwood Academy or MBA?

This year's schedule has been in the works for at least three years. Lipscomb has three dates available to schedule. Goodpasture is a automatic, the rest is trying to find other schools that have a open date as the same time. We've have or have had a relationship in recent years with all the schools you mention with the exception of Brentwood Academy, which is a former region foe. Perhaps there will be a day when these two schools will play each other again but not likely until Coach Flatt and Coach Mac are gone. BA and Lipscomb do not see eye to eye on the approach to high school football and thats why they play in different divisions. MBA, Father Ryan play Lipscomb on the undercards, JV, Freshman, and Middle School at times in the past. Lipscomb scrimmages Overton every year. Hillsboro and Hillwood have been on the Lipscomb schedule in the past. When the realignment took place in 2002 or so, Lipscomb, Hillwood, Hillsboro couldn't get their schedules together. Perhaps this next season, Lipscomb will be seeing some different non-region foes. Clarksville NW is losing their coach and they may want to schedule someone different. The coaching staffs at Greenbrier and Lipscomb like playing each other, so...it looks like the Mustangs will only have one game to try to find another school to play. You can find everyone who Lipscomb has every played on a varsity game on the Mustangfanpage in the Lipscomb Chronicles.

I know its your opinion to say that Lipscomb plays a weak schedule. To say they refuse to schedule schools in a larger classification...you are wrong in your statement. They play who they have to schedule and who is available on those non-conference dates. Two years ago, we asked our fan's opinions on the website who they would like to see on the schedule, as I recall: Franklin, Centennial, MBA, and Gatlinburg Pitman. Just some thoughts.

Was this post supposed to make sense?

If so, what are you trying to say?

I'm not quite sure what you wanted 63, but I'll try to help. Now I confess, I can get pretty "out there" and I have rambled a bit in writing before, so if you need me to summarize those 5 sentences I guess I can.

Here's the summarized version:

Lipscomb "should" win this game.

Cheatham's MANY costly turnovers lost the games last year.

Cheatham graduated a lot of good players from that team.

Cheatham plays hard.

Lipscomb has more talent than Cheatham.

See Spot run.

Is that any better? Glad I could help.

Vandy1,

I hopped on MFP today and started reading the game grades and commentary where I saw a mention of CoachT. So, I came on by to see what was up. I apologize to you... I forgot we played Greenbrier a couple weeks back until the game that night, otherwise I would have been on the boards with you. I'll lurk around occasionally and try to be here when I'm needed.

Hey Lipscomb fans, parents, and radio crew:

There will be a big chili cook off taking place at CCCHS this Friday evening from 5-7PM. If you want to eat good before the game I'd advise you to show up early this week and enjoy some good 'ole country cooked chili this Friday night in Ashland City. There will be a "Homecoming 2006" parade taking place immediately following school on Friday afternoon in downtown Ashland City. You are all welcome to come on down and see the floats and enjoy it all :thumb:

I'd hardly say that a team with two losses in it's own class proved that they are in a different league. Now 15-0 for a couple of years in a row might prove that, but not 13-2, with another loss already this year.

Lipscomb proved last year that they are in a different league then a should be 5a but untill then not many people unlees they get lucky and beat them unless it is for they state championship taking libscomb hands down

Lipscomb proved last year that they are in a different league then a should be 5a but untill then not many people unlees they get lucky and beat them unless it is for they state championship taking libscomb hands down

Lipscomb should not be 5A. They were a 13-2 team that lost to Greenbrier & Livingston Academy last year. This year they've already lost a game to Goodpasture (2A). Don't start claiming Lipscomb to be unbeatable after they win against a young Greenbrier team, which has shown great signs of improvement in their two games since that loss, a Page team that was also racked by graduation (the Pats are 1-3 though they have played a very difficult schedule), and Northwest (though a 4A school they might be one of the worst 4A schools in the entire state).

Lipscomb should come to Ashland City and win this game no question about it. The Cubs, like Greenbrier & Page, were hit hard with losses to graduation and it's going to take some time for the young cats to learn how to win on Friday nights. In the second half of the season (Marshall, Spring Hill, Creek Wood, Mont. Central, & Page) the Cubs know that they will have to at least win 4 out of those 5 games to be in a position to make the playoffs come November. These next two games against Lipscomb and next week at Greenbrier should be a great learning experience and hopefully the guys can find some confidence and carry it into the month of October with them.

mustanglogob3.jpg

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes has now been posted on The Mustangfanpage. Lipscomb depth chart will be updated tomorrow morning as a part of It's Game Day Edition.

The Lipscomb/Cheatham County Game will be heard live over the internet on the Mustangfanpage. Pregame show starts at 7:00 CST.

Message to Big Country..Email me.