lipscomb at cheatham

coach5

Lipscomb proved last year that they are in a different league then a should be 5a but untill then not many people unlees they get lucky and beat them unless it is for they state championship taking libscomb hands down

I disagree. If they were in a 'different class' last year, why did they lose the first and the last game? Good, yes, but different class..I don't think so.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mustanglogob3.jpg

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes has now been posted on The Mustangfanpage. Lipscomb depth chart will be updated tomorrow morning as a part of It's Game Day Edition.

The Lipscomb/Cheatham County Game will be heard live over the internet on the Mustangfanpage. Pregame show starts at 7:00 CST.

Message to Big Country..Email me.

I lost the E-MAIL adress :blink:

Tomorrow will be a very exciting day in Ashland City as the young Cubs will see their largest test of the year against a Top Five ranked Lipscomb bunch. The Mustangs are led by the two headed monster of Matt Elrod and Jeremy Holt at running back. Both are well on pace to eclipse the 1,000+ yard mark running the football this year. The Mustangs defense has been great since the loss to Goodpasture. That unit is as good as last year's was and is led by returning starters Donnie Hudson, Dale Binkley, Mitchell Tenpenny, Charles Stevens, Ben Lehning, and Burton Wood. Thank God Jason Hull is gone from this year's squad vandy1. Isn't he the favorite to win the "Groza Award" at some fortunate school these days :thumb:

I will have starting lineups and stats for the Cubs thus far this year ready for you when you all arrive tomorrow evening. I'll be at the field around 2PM tomorrow and should be setup by 3PM at the absolute latest. There will be a chilli supper from 5-7PM tomorrow that you all are welcome to attend. During the game cokes, water, and food will be provided in the pressbox. I just hope we are able to accomodate you guys as well as you did us last year. If you all are wanting to eat in Ashland City tomorrow afternoon recommended places include Don Pancho's Mexican Restaurant, Riverview Marina Seafood Restaurant, & Stratton's (this is the 50's diner that I'm sure you've heard about).

You will have to setup using a cell phone tomorrow night. Trust me I will be doing the same thing as well. I will have my labtop there if you all are wanting to know other scores from around the midstate (or statewide scores) during tomorrow's game. Other than that I'll inform you once again that it's Homecoming 2006 which means if you want to get a good parking spot you should plan on getting there early tomorrow. If you'd like you can pull up to the bleachers to unload all of your equipment and setup tomorrow afternoon 3-6PM being the preferred time range obviously.

Have a safe trip to and from Ashland City tomorrow night and best of luck to you guys tomorrow night <_<

Edited by Big Country

HappyAClown@mustangfanpage.com

This is not a valid email address. However the Original Happy A. Clown is expected to be in attendance tonight at the Lipscomb-Cheatham County Game. Happy is pictured here with Grandpa Moses (The late Boyce Hawkins). For those who aren't in the mid-40's to mid 50's, Happy A appeared every afternoon from the early 60's to the early 70's on Channel 4. They showed The Three Stooges shorts and The Little Rascals (Our Gang)

happya.jpg

Edited by vandy1

Hats off to the folks at Cheatham County and a huge thank you to their game day staff for showing superb hospitality tonight to all of the Lipscomb folks. A class act and an enjoyable night of not only discussing the game on the field, but other games around the mid-state. To the radio crew and press box staff, thanks for all you did to make us so welcome in your "house." CCCHS also put on a very nice Homecoming Celebration with floats, a parade, dinner and all of the pagentry possible. The football Cubs are young, but definitely fun to watch. The offensive bag of plays is full and utilized very well. They will win more games this season and should still make a run at the playoffs. To say Joey Beach is versatile is an understatement. He runs, he catches, he passes, he punts, and he also is the place kicker. He and Christmas (qb) work well together.

Best of luck throughout the remainder of the season!

Edited by stampede

Hats off to the folks at Cheatham County and a huge thank you to their game day staff for showing superb hospitality tonight to all of the Lipscomb folks. A class act and an enjoyable night of not only discussing the game on the field, but other games around the mid-state. To the radio crew and press box staff, thanks for all you did to make us so welcome in your "house." CCCHS also put on a very nice Homecoming Celebration with floats, a parade, dinner and all of the pagentry possible. The football Cubs are young, but definitely fun to watch. The offensive bag of plays is full and utilized very well. They will win more games this season and should still make a run at the playoffs. To say Joey Beach is versatile is an understatement. He runs, he catches, he passes, he punts, and he also is the place kicker. He and Christmas (qb) work well together.

Best of luck throughout the remainder of the season!

Thank You for the kind words stampede and BEST OF LUCK TO YOU GUYS AS WELL!!!!

It was well known that playing Lipscomb tonight was certainly going to be a tall task to say the least. They had two backs that were going to be pretty much impossible for the Cubs young defense to stop. What wasn't well known is that the two backs wouldn't turn out to be Matt Elrod & Jeremy Holt. The duo of Russ Moneypenny and Kevin Davis, who had 3TD's on his first three carries, gashed the Cubs defense for big yardage and led the Lipscomb Mustangs to a 41-14 halftime lead. Caleb Simpson to Zach Rogers might be a combo that Lipscomb fans will hear for the next couple of years to say the least. The Lipscomb defense has several players that might be receiving all state honors come December (namely Ben Lehning). Induvidual honors are great indeed but this Lipscomb bunch has the look of a team that wants to get back to the 'Boro and replace last year's heartbreaking loss with a state championship. Enjoy your bye week guys, get healthy, and good luck down the road.

I am pretty sure Lipscomb got beat by Goodpasture in their first game...a 2A team. I know Lipscomb is a solid team, but come on now.

I also don't believe Lipscomb will beat Cheatham by 4 TD.

Goodpasture will have a great shot at winning the 2a state title again this year. The mustangs lost to a very good 2a program nothing to be ashamed of when lipscomb enrolls just as many students as gp and is in higher classification.