sycamore/pearl cohn

shs796

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is going to be a battle in Nashville. Pearl Cohn comes in at 3-1 overall (1-0 in the region). They have bounced back nicely the last two weeks with wins over previously unbeaten Macon Co. 42-2 & last night they rallied in the final quarter to beat a solid 5A football program (Overton) on the road 30-26. Quarterback DeAunte Mason is a playmaker for the Firebirds. He is a dual threat player at QB meaning that he can beat teams with both his arm as well as with his legs. Receivers Rashad Mason (6'6), Brian Gupton (6'4), and Jeremy Cox (6'2) along with tight end Jeremy Gordon (6'5) are all big threats that Sycamore's defense will have to stop. The Firebirds also have a strong rushing attack led by the trio of Magic Johnson, Rodshawn Beard, and Davion Gregory. They run behind a huge offensive line that's anchored by Brian Curry (an all-region performer from last year). Defensively the Firebirds will be big up front, especially with Curry and Timothy Smith at the interior tackle positions, and everywhere else they'll be fast and athletic. This may be the first Sycamore game this year where their quarterback, Austin Lohin, isn't more athletic than everyone on the defensive side of the football. Lohin and Matt Carrigan must establish a running game early in this one. That means that the offensive line, along with tight ends Willie Vanderford and Keely Ray, have to play physical. Receivers John Clanton, Blake Morris, Austin Patton, and Zach Holden have to run good routes because every one of them will be less athletic that PC's DB's. Good routes can off-set that athleticism and really help the cause of Lohin in passing situations. Sycamore has the clear advantage in the kicking game with Trevor Francis and I expect them to take advantage of that. The War Eagles at 3-1 overall but 0-1 in region play really need a win in this one if they want to keep hopes of hosting a first round home playoff game alive.

This one should be a good one as close friends Gary Halstead & Tony Brunetti match wits against one another for the first time ever as head coaches :thumb:

MY PREDICTION:

Sycamore: 28 (converting PAT's will be the difference in this shootout)

Pearl Cohn: 26

This one is going to be a battle in Nashville. Pearl Cohn comes in at 3-1 overall (1-0 in the region). They have bounced back nicely the last two weeks with wins over previously unbeaten Macon Co. 42-2 & last night they rallied in the final quarter to beat a solid 5A football program (Overton) on the road 30-26. Quarterback DeAunte Mason is a playmaker for the Firebirds. He is a dual threat player at QB meaning that he can beat teams with both his arm as well as with his legs. Receivers Rashad Mason (6'6), Brian Gupton (6'4), and Jeremy Cox (6'2) along with tight end Jeremy Gordon (6'5) are all big threats that Sycamore's defense will have to stop. The Firebirds also have a strong rushing attack led by the trio of Magic Johnson, Rodshawn Beard, and Davion Gregory. They run behind a huge offensive line that's anchored by Brian Curry (an all-region performer from last year). Defensively the Firebirds will be big up front, especially with Curry and Timothy Smith at the interior tackle positions, and everywhere else they'll be fast and athletic. This may be the first Sycamore game this year where their quarterback, Austin Lohin, isn't more athletic than everyone on the defensive side of the football. Lohin and Matt Carrigan must establish a running game early in this one. That means that the offensive line, along with tight ends Willie Vanderford and Keely Ray, have to play physical. Receivers John Clanton, Blake Morris, Austin Patton, and Zach Holden have to run good routes because every one of them will be less athletic that PC's DB's. Good routes can off-set that athleticism and really help the cause of Lohin in passing situations. Sycamore has the clear advantage in the kicking game with Trevor Francis and I expect them to take advantage of that. The War Eagles at 3-1 overall but 0-1 in region play really need a win in this one if they want to keep hopes of hosting a first round home playoff game alive.

This one should be a good one as close friends Gary Halstead & Tony Brunetti match wits against one another for the first time ever as head coaches :thumb:

MY PREDICTION:

Big Country you keep picking the Firebirds to lose and we'll keep winning. PCH, don't play wit it!

Big Country you keep picking the Firebirds to lose and we'll keep winning. PCH, don't play wit it!

I picked PC to beat Glencliff in week zero and they did. The following week I picked the Firebirds once again but they lost to a loaded Maplewood bunch. The next week I picked PC to destroy Macon Co. and they did. Last week I picked Overton to beat Pearl and after three quarters I was looking good but the kids rallied in the fourth to get what had to be considered an upset win. I am 2-2 picking Pearl Cohn games this year and the Firebirds are 3-1 on the year. That means two out of your three wins I've had your back :lol:

This week I can't pick against the War Eagles. They are on a roll after last night's big win.

The secondary for Sycamore is going to have to come ready to play and be on top of things because of the receiving threats Pearl-Cohn has. The defense for Sycamore I beleive is the key for them to winning this game because the offense, led by Lohin, will keep putting up numbers. I hope the defense is ready to stop the Firebirds' offense Firday night and it should be a win for Sycamore.

Sycamore 27 Pearl Cohn 24 :ph34r:

Edited by War Eagles

This one should be a good one as close friends Gary Halstead & Tony Brunetti match wits against one another for the first time ever as head coaches :lol:

MY PREDICTION:

yo catfish like i been sayin since last year man suckamore aint got what it takes to beat us cuz we goin all the way this year and overton knows that 2 u can pick us to loose every wk cuz we goin to shut u up once and for all after we beat those cheatem county hillbilly chumps friday nite pc 42 suckamore 0