Lexington @ Bolivar

montague1

Lexington has beaten a sorry riverside team and an underachieveing Liberty team the first game against a good team that they had the lose by 40 sounds like to me lexington isnt either

Neither team has beaten anybody thats any good, but Lexington hasn't lost 2 games in a row in a very long time. If Boliavr goes into this game thinking that Lexington got beat by 40 and are a cupcake team this year, and then looks ahead to Crockett County next week, Lexington will win by 14+.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to take Bolivar to win at home. Both teams have lost to the only "good team" that they each played. Fairview beat Bolivar by like 20 & Lexington lost to Humboldt by 40. Both of those 2A schools are unbeaten thus far on the year. Why do I take Bolivar???? Since their loss they have gained confidence by winning two straight games and playing a big region game at home against a young team that just got beat by 40 fares well for the Tigers. I believe Lexington is a well coached team on the gridiron, unlike on the hardwood, but the Tigers are ready to get back to the playoffs (for the first time since 2001).

Ok, I'm going to try to say this in the nicest way possible.

"Respect is earned, not given."

Bolivar has been a non-factor in the region football standings for just about all of this decade. I'll take CBarkley's word that they made the playoffs in 01, but I don't even remember that. Right now I know they are a team that was 0-10 last year, and has two wins this year over a very down Hardin Co. team in a very sloppy game played and a very weak Manassas team. Sorry, but I'm not ready to mark them a playoff contender just yet based on those two wins. You beat Lexington, and you have it, but I've been hearing about how they would beat Lexington for 4 or 5 years now, and it has yet to happen.

Sorry, I rank Bolivar closer to the Riverside end of Lexington's schedule as opposed to Bolivar. Close game, good fight, Lexinngton pulls away at the end and wins by 10+.

Ok, I'm going to try to say this in the nicest way possible.

"Respect is earned, not given."

Bolivar has been a non-factor in the region football standings for just about all of this decade. I'll take CBarkley's word that they made the playoffs in 01, but I don't even remember that. Right now I know they are a team that was 0-10 last year, and has two wins this year over a very down Hardin Co. team in a very sloppy game played and a very weak Manassas team. Sorry, but I'm not ready to mark them a playoff contender just yet based on those two wins. You beat Lexington, and you have it, but I've been hearing about how they would beat Lexington for 4 or 5 years now, and it has yet to happen.

Sorry, I rank Bolivar closer to the Riverside end of Lexington's schedule as opposed to Humboldt. Close game, good fight, Lexinngton pulls away at the end and wins by 10+.

Judging by the score tracker, looks like I called this one.

Good luck in the rest of the season to the Green Tigers. :ph34r:

Judging by the score tracker, looks like I called this one.

Good luck in the rest of the season to the Green Tigers. ;)

Yep. Bolivar is much improved, but you and I both know what kind of week follows a loss in Lexington. I knew they wouldnt lose 2 games in a row. No knock on Bolivar. Lexington just came out and pounded the ball out of the T Formation all night.

It had double crosses triple crosses and all. the coaching staff for bolivar i dont think were prepared for lexington's size across the front. they play smaller faster defensive lineman for pass rushing purposes but lexington only passed once in the game. they got beat up. on offense they stopped doing what was working when they got behind. they almost abandoned the running game which is what got them their lead to begin with. then they put the ball in the hands of a sophomore quarterback who is not ready to have the game depend completely on his arm. good effort by the players for bolivar much respect to Lexington great game fellas and a what are u doing for bolivar's coaching staff

Edited by toinemac