Alcoa's Kyrus Lanxter commits to West Virginia

OS91

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"They may but based on what I know it is unlikely unless he has a monster year. Some issues with Kyrus and football have kept some away and it's not his athletic ability"

You jsut can't help yourself, can you? Another astute observation of yours, eh? Now you giving opinions on why some schools have stayed away ( suggesting he has character flaws). This was a thread that was to congratulate him on his commitment. A commitment to one of the top 5 teams in the country. But, you have used it to for other purposes. However, anyoen with sense can see that your opinions are most likely attributed to ignorance and being the lack of class.

Your true colors ( Maryville red and black) are coming out. UT ( top 20 team) offered and so did ALabama ( top 25 team) , Louisville ( top 15 team), and so did Minnesota ( perpetual bowl team). Also, Vandy and Ole Miss offered. Seems he was in no shortage of "top" teams wanting his services.

Btw, just so you know, Its Pretty pathetic ( stating UT didn't offer when they clearly did and then suggesting he has character flaws) that you have taken this route instead of just saying "congratuations".

Good Job!

Just to put it bluntly....you are an idiot.

Nowhere did I suggest it was a character flaw. For your information it has nothing to do with Kyrus's character. From all I know Kyrus is a great kid. It's very simple. There is something about Kyrus's game that has made some teams hold off on offer. If you have ever watched a tape of Kyrus in a game, expecially against good competition, it is obvious. I have watched several. Regardless the information that UT did not offer isn't something I am guessing at or have just thrown out there. UT HAS NOT OFFERED KYRUS!!! They may but as of last Friday they had not...

Simple as that...regardless of how many publications or so called experts you quote... Just didn't happen.

Edited by MLREB

Tennessee most certainly did offer Lanxter. Here is a porition of an aritcle from Unapproved Website ( the premeir recruiting service):

Lanxter was considering Louisville and Ole Miss at the time of his WVU offer and Tennessee was starting to come in.

After a summer camp visit to Louisville, Lanxter nixed the Cards. That left Ole Miss and WVU and the hard-rushing Vols.

Tennessee offered Lanxter about two months ago, about the same time the WVU pledge came through.

He decided however that the Vol campus was just "too close to home." Even though members of his family want to see him in Orange, he said Sunday night, "It's just not for me."

"I think Tennessee will continue recruiting me. But I sat down with my family today and talked it out. They're supportive of my choice. West Virginia isn't that far away and they can still come and see me play.

"Coach Jones and Coach Rodriguez told me they wanted more wide receivers in the program so they could balance out their run game. They told me Sunday they had been waiting for my call. I'm glad I did. I'm going to West Virginia," Lanxter said.

First off congrats to Kyrus on WVU. That program is def. on the rise.

Now onto this argument about if UT offered or not, if i was to go by this post you made i would take it as UT had not offer but were "starting to come in" according to this article. To me I take that as starting to evaluate as one of the Maryville people said (too lazy to look back and see which one :) ) If UT had offered im sure they would of specifically put UT had offered instead of what was put in the article. Thats just what i think though.. It's not that big of a deal, either way, but im bored at work so thought i would put my opinion out there, since it matters so much. :o

"what was up with lanxter cramping so much last game?? i hope they have a good conditioning program at WV lol."

No Worries on the strength and conditioning. WVU strength and conditioning coach is possibly the best at the college level as is evident by WVU's up tempo style of football. WVU's workout facility is the 3rd largest in America.

Here is a look at it:

http://www.msnsports.net/page.cfm?section=9615

Alcoa's speedy 6-2 WR Kyrus Lanxter commits to one of college football's up and coming powers at West Virginia University.

He'll fit in perfectly at WVU's where innovative head coach Rich Rodriguez ( inventor of the spread offense) needs an abundance of WR's to run his complex offense that's taken college football by storm. Lanxter chose WVU over Tennessee and fellow Big East Power Louisville. ALso, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Alabama, and Vanderbilt offered.

No doubt WVU's Sugar Bowl victory over Georgia last season and WVU's top 5 ranking this season were huge. Also, a chance to play for a National Championship in the next 2-3 years played a role in Lanxter's decision.

Congrats to him on an outstanding choice!

He definitely didnt choose his school based on academics, lol :thumb:

j/k, good to see TN put out some more athletes to an up and coming program like WVU.

Just for the record, I am a UT alum ( under grad). However, I am a life long WVU fan and very close to the Mountaineer athletics. That being said, I'm a big UT fan except when WVU has played UT in basketball in the past.

That beind said, as another poster pointed out, our Maryville Rebel fan is on record as stating UT never offered a scholarship to Kyrus. However, if we were going to drink this kool-aid, why does all evidence conflict with REB?. Scout.Com and and Unapproved Website all have UT offering a scholarship. Kyrus openly talks about the UT offer.

Also, even a spokesman for TNpreps.com ( I believe) did an interview with WVUSports.com today. In this interview, he touched base on UT's offer. He stated Kyrus wanted to get away from home as reasoning for selecting WVU over Louisville and Tennessee.

I know this is becoming a dead horse, but why doesn't Rebel reveal how he knows UT never offered and give his opinion on why so many other people, web sites, and media are wrong and he is right? Adiditonally, why does't he reveal reasoning for why Kyrus would fabricate an offer when discussing this with the media?

Call me an idiot, but it looks like you are the one that is playing in left field ( without a glove) throwing a temper tantrum. Congrats! Maybe we should give you a high chair, bottle, and bib with a laptop to post with from now on. :thumb:

How do you know they didn't? If you're willing to get on here and say two major recruiting services were totally wrong, you should be willing to say how you know.

Sorry my friend....no way I would reveal the sources in a public forum. Do you know how the recruiting services get their infomation? I do..... :thumb: