Alcoa's Kyrus Lanxter commits to West Virginia

OS91

Alcoa's speedy 6-2 WR Kyrus Lanxter commits to one of college football's up and coming powers at West Virginia University.

He'll fit in perfectly at WVU's where innovative head coach Rich Rodriguez ( inventor of the spread offense) needs an abundance of WR's to run his complex offense that's taken college football by storm. Lanxter chose WVU over Tennessee and fellow Big East Power Louisville. ALso, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Alabama, and Vanderbilt offered.

No doubt WVU's Sugar Bowl victory over Georgia last season and WVU's top 5 ranking this season were huge. Also, a chance to play for a National Championship in the next 2-3 years played a role in Lanxter's decision.

Congrats to him on an outstanding choice!

Edited by OS91

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa's speedy 6-2 WR Kyrus Lanxter commits to one of college football's up and coming powers at West Virginia University.

He'll fit in perfectly at WVU's where innovative head coach Rich Rodriguez ( inventor of the spread offense) needs an abundance of WR's to run his complex offense that's taken college football by storm. Lanxter chose WVU over Tennessee and fellow Big East Power Louisville. ALso, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Alabama, and Vanderbilt offered.

No doubt WVU's Sugar Bowl victory over Georgia last season and WVU's top 5 ranking this season were huge. Also, a chance to play for a National Championship in the next 2-3 years played a role in Lanxter's decision.

Congrats to him on an outstanding choice!

Congrats to Kyrus. WVU is on the come up.

Tennessee most certainly did offer Lanxter. Here is a porition of an aritcle from Unapproved Website ( the premeir recruiting service):

Lanxter was considering Louisville and Ole Miss at the time of his WVU offer and Tennessee was starting to come in.

After a summer camp visit to Louisville, Lanxter nixed the Cards. That left Ole Miss and WVU and the hard-rushing Vols.

Tennessee offered Lanxter about two months ago, about the same time the WVU pledge came through.

He decided however that the Vol campus was just "too close to home." Even though members of his family want to see him in Orange, he said Sunday night, "It's just not for me."

"I think Tennessee will continue recruiting me. But I sat down with my family today and talked it out. They're supportive of my choice. West Virginia isn't that far away and they can still come and see me play.

"Coach Jones and Coach Rodriguez told me they wanted more wide receivers in the program so they could balance out their run game. They told me Sunday they had been waiting for my call. I'm glad I did. I'm going to West Virginia," Lanxter said.

Just because Lanxter made a decision to attend another school other than University of Tennessee, its baffling to me that you "suggest" he wasn't offered because he chose another direction for his education/football?

Tennessee does an outstanding jobof keeping mostof its home grown talent in state. There are exceptions to the rule. Some kids want to get away from home at age 18.

Anyway, Congrats agai to Lanxter on a tremendous choice. He will make the Mountaineer Naiton very proud.

Edited by OS91

Just because Lanxter made a decision to attend another school other than University of Tennessee, its baffling to me that you "suggest" he wasn't offered because he chose another direction for his education/football?

I'm not "suggesting" that Kyrus was not offered by Tennessee. I am telling you that UT was still evaluating Kyrus and HAS NOT OFFERED!!!. Now how hard is that to understand?

I have no problem with Kyrus going to WV and actually think that is a good place for his tallents. If UT had offered I certainly would have been happy to see Kyrus in orange but UT has not offered......yet.

So stop "suggesting" that I am giving you this information becaused Kyrus is going to WV, otherwise you are being dishonest... :thumb:

From another website Scout.com :

Lanxter said "We have lost two games and that's the most games I've lost since I was a freshman," he said steadfastly".

WVU is 1-1 in Tennessee this year. . If he signs in February, it will be the second prospect the Mountaineers have beaten the Volunteers on in two seasons--the first was redshirt freshman and former High school All American Greg Davis, who prepped in Virginia just outside Washington, DC.

BTW,You can make assertions all you want ( including I'm dishonest) to cover up either you crying over spilled milk or more probable your ignorance on this issue. What you are suggesting is:

A) Lanxter is lying to the media about UT offering. Which is sad for an adult to do base don Lanxter directly discussing UT's offer.

:thumb: Scout and Rivals recruiting also being in error over this as well.

What would an objective person think when reveiwing this situation? Especially considering you are a Maryville Rebel fan? The evidence overwhelmingly states you are either A) Highly biased and throwing ludicrious comments around to devalue his commit or :thumb: you are simply ignorant on the issue.

The reality is Lanxter was offered by UT. Its really not that big of a deal in the big picture, but is always comical in recruiting when an in state player goes elsewhere for a fan of that state university to attempt to say their school didn't offer as a way to devalue him going eslewhere.

I'm sure most Tenenssee fans are happy for Lanxter. Its not like UT will miss a beat at WR with his decision elsewhere.

From another website Scout.com :

Lanxter said "We have lost two games and that's the most games I've lost since I was a freshman," he said steadfastly".

WVU is 1-1 in Tennessee this year. . If he signs in February, it will be the second prospect the Mountaineers have beaten the Volunteers on in two seasons--the first was redshirt freshman and former High school All American Greg Davis, who prepped in Virginia just outside Washington, DC.

BTW,You can make assertions all you want ( including I'm dishonest) to cover up either you crying over spilled milk or more probable your ignorance on this issue. What you are suggesting is:

A) Lanxter is lying to the media about UT offering. Which is sad for an adult to do base don Lanxter directly discussing UT's offer.

:thumb: Scout and Rivals recruiting also being in error over this as well.

What would an objective person think when reveiwing this situation? Especially considering you are a Maryville Rebel fan? The evidence overwhelmingly states you are either A) Highly biased and throwing ludicrious comments around to devalue his commit or :thumb: you are simply ignorant on the issue.

The reality is Lanxter was offered by UT. Its really not that big of a deal in the big picture, but is always comical in recruiting when an in state player goes elsewhere for a fan of that state university to attempt to say their school didn't offer as a way to devalue him going eslewhere.

I'm sure most Tenenssee fans are happy for Lanxter. Its not like UT will miss a beat at WR with his decision elsewhere.

I'm not sure how else to convey this to you. Me being a MHS fan... a UT fan... a highschool fan....what's being a MHS fan got to do with this? Personally I wish Kyrus the best where ever he signs. The bottom line is unless UT offered Kyrus this weekend they have not offered him.....yet. They may but based on what I know it is unlikely unless he has a monster year. Some issues with Kyrus and football have kept some away and it's not his athletic ability. Regardless WV has got theirselves a good one and we just wish the best to Kyrus and his future at WV.

Edited by MLREB

"They may but based on what I know it is unlikely unless he has a monster year. Some issues with Kyrus and football have kept some away and it's not his athletic ability"

You jsut can't help yourself, can you? Another astute observation of yours, eh? Now you giving opinions on why some schools have stayed away ( suggesting he has character flaws). This was a thread that was to congratulate him on his commitment. A commitment to one of the top 5 teams in the country. But, you have used it to for other purposes. However, anyoen with sense can see that your opinions are most likely attributed to ignorance and being the lack of class.

Your true colors ( Maryville red and black) are coming out. UT ( top 20 team) offered and so did ALabama ( top 25 team) , Louisville ( top 15 team), and so did Minnesota ( perpetual bowl team). Also, Vandy and Ole Miss offered. Seems he was in no shortage of "top" teams wanting his services.

Btw, just so you know, Its Pretty pathetic ( stating UT didn't offer when they clearly did and then suggesting he has character flaws) that you have taken this route instead of just saying "congratuations".

Good Job!

Edited by OS91