Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the world is going on up there? From this discussion I cannot believe this is the same team that beat R'dale last year. :thumb:

I know some great players graduated, but we are talking about Oak Ridge! Y'all just reload and keep winning.

I am NOT taking a shot at y'all, I have way toooo much respect for y'all to ever do that. Just want to know what is going on.

I saw a quote from a few days ago, where Oak Ridge was refered to as Austin West.. I think that just about sums it up for me...

I have read all the bashing of Stanton and the rest of the coaching staff that i can stand. You call yourself a "fan", give me a break. First and foremost you need to remember that the players you are refering to are 15 to 18 years old, they are NOT perfect will make mistakes and will learn from them. So what we lost a game, that was 7 days ago now, water under the bridge, let it go! There are plenty more games and a lot more mistakes that will be made you can count on it. "If" we would have won last week this site would be totally different, so why don't you ALL go jump on another ban-wagon and let us "true" fans enjoy our WILDCATS!!!!

Hey class of 88, your last name isn't Stevens is it?

It amazes me that we keep talking about the coaches. Coach Stevens has won a state championship and played for a championship. How many other coaches in the State can say that? Did he win the State with an undiscipline team? Was he ranked number 1 in the state year in and year out with undiscipline teams? I'll also assume that USC lost the national championship last year because they were an undiscipline team.

We all agree that the Wildcats are inexperience. What do you expect when one of your experience players put the inexperience players in the hole early (2 fumbles and 2 interceptions (my bad one was better than a punt). Where talking about the guy who SHOULD be the leader. Know one is mentioning that. How can that be blamed on Coach Stevens. He has nothing to do with that. I guess he won the first 2 games because the teams he played were also inexperienced or had bad coaching.

Let's go back to week 1. Some of you guys are the same ones talking about how Coach Shaddock in Clinton is a good coach. This man has won 3 or 4 games over the last 3 or 4 years and you say he is a good coach. What did he do to be consider a good coach? When will Coach Stevens get his credit.

Once again, we talk about Coach Gaddis should've been the Head Coach. Outside of all his off the field problems, does anyone remember when he went 5-5. What excuses did we have for him? Since he is the almighty Coach everybody was wanting.

I played for Coach Gaddis if anyone is questioning me. I was All State 2 years and every other award giving out around the State for 2 years. I was giving a full scholarship. Do the rest of you Monday Morning quarterbacks can say that. What are your credentials?

That Scholarship was not for English, I just counted your spelling errors,

But I will say it is good to hear from you Coach Stevens. It's always good to hear from a head coach & get your thoughts.

It amazes me that we keep talking about the coaches. Coach Stevens has won a state championship and played for a championship. How many other coaches in the State can say that? Did he win the State with an undiscipline team? Was he ranked number 1 in the state year in and year out with undiscipline teams? I'll also assume that USC lost the national championship last year because they were an undiscipline team.

We all agree that the Wildcats are inexperience. What do you expect when one of your experience players put the inexperience players in the hole early (2 fumbles and 2 interceptions (my bad one was better than a punt). Where talking about the guy who SHOULD be the leader. Know one is mentioning that. How can that be blamed on Coach Stevens. He has nothing to do with that. I guess he won the first 2 games because the teams he played were also inexperienced or had bad coaching.

Let's go back to week 1. Some of you guys are the same ones talking about how Coach Shaddock in Clinton is a good coach. This man has won 3 or 4 games over the last 3 or 4 years and you say he is a good coach. What did he do to be consider a good coach? When will Coach Stevens get his credit.

Once again, we talk about Coach Gaddis should've been the Head Coach. Outside of all his off the field problems, does anyone remember when he went 5-5. What excuses did we have for him? Since he is the almighty Coach everybody was wanting.

I played for Coach Gaddis if anyone is questioning me. I was All State 2 years and every other award giving out around the State for 2 years. I was giving a full scholarship. Do the rest of you Monday Morning quarterbacks can say that. What are your credentials?

That Scholarship was not for English, I just counted your spelling errors,

But I will say it is good to hear from you Coach Stevens. It's always good to hear from a head coach & get your thoughts.

V Full Edit

V Quick Edit

bounder

post Sep 11 2006 - 08:45 PM

Post #10

Competitor

Group Icon

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 30,437

QUOTE(Tnbreakers @ Sep 11 2006 - 06:35 PM) *

I'd give my left #@$ to have your head coach back at our school! Good luck to you guys. thumb[1].gif

(Quote) bounder @ Sep 11 2006

Amen Brother Your left, my right and the old coach back and we have a gold ball last year,an a winning season this year.

I don't think ole dad is the only one who has a problem with Stanton! These are posts fron the Father Ryan thread, where Lussier is now.

Lussier could not even make it to the boro and the 04 team was more talented than the the 05 team.

BC Ridger. I'm about to get out of here, and head to the Ship, don't you guys get roped into working tonite, and maybe you'll be able to sit down this week. I have to change my get up for tonite, gotta switch up my gear when we start a new win streak.

If if's were candy & nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.. We lost...

Coaching changes are never easy, different coaching styles are even harder to accept when the former coach has been with a program so long as Lussier was. I supported Lussier during the good and bad times as he was the coach, I will do the same with Stevens. My reasoning, I believe in the school administration. If I have a problem I voice my concerns to them, not here. 'Nuff said for me on that subject.

On a different subject I have to tell you I really enjoyed the Pep Rally held by the Boosters for the TEAM Thursday night. They did an excellent job and gave everybody there a chance to enjoy the moment, share a laugh, and have a good time. Kudos to the TEAM members, especially the seniors, for being willing to be a part of the Rally and making it work! :)

I would encourage the other schools to do some Pep Rally's from the days of old as it really makes the whole High School Sports thing something special to remember.

As for tonight ROLL WILDCATS ROLL. At halftime we are going to see some very special and deserving people be inducted into the Oak Ridge Hall of Fame. B)