oneida -oakdale

cornpone

Now I don't look to stir up any more dust, but it is a reported sighting that a ball was flying through the air and caught numerous times throughout yesterdays practice. ;) I know what you're thinking, but it was thrown and not kicked. It was farther reported that a couple of the receptions were made by #8. :P I realize this was being done in the walk through, but gosh darn if they didn't look down right good on more than one occasion. We'll all have to see if it comes to fruitation tonight against the Eagles. I really don't care how it gets done tonight as long as the boys get back on the win train. I sure hope all you all that just read the posts from time to time realize I'm just being good natured with my humor. Sometimes we all just need to smile and laugh at ourselves. Good luck guys, and pluck the Eagles!

:D Kazzy :thumb:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaz, after Oakdale picked off a Slaven pass and returned it to Oneida's 31 late in the first quarter, the Eagles scored first on a 31-yard field goal. Oneida answered with a 73-yard touchdown from Younce to Lambert (made the catch over two defenders, then broke a tackle and was endzone bound) on the first play of the second quarter, and it was all Oneida after that. Jeffers scored on a 13 yard run later in the second to send OHS to the locker room with a 14-3 lead. Slaven added a 32 yard field goal midway through the third to push it to 17-3, followed by a 40 yard interception return for a score by Aaron Buttram. Oneida then capped its scoring with a beautiful 65-yard, six-play drive that was finished off by a one yard run by Jeffers with just under three minutes remaining. After gaining 56 yards in the first quarter, Oakdale's offense was limited to 37 yards in the final three quarters, 93 for the game. The defense looked great as usual. Oneida's offense looked better, although they were hampered by a few untimely turnovers, and put up 377 yards total. Are you enlightened now? :D

Oh, very much so, can't you tell? :D The ball got to Lambert and he was able to make something out of nothing, it sounds like, I mean if he had two defenders in the area it would reason they should have tackled him. How many passing yards did the Indians finish with? The guys are making strides apparently, I sincerely hope they continue elevating their game as Midway, Sunbright, and Harriman are all still on the slate. Coalfield's Davis is getting a workout this year, isn't He? He is definitely earning player of the year status through the first halve of the season. Midway is rising, based on the report out Friday Night. Sunbright has some tools on offense and Harriman still has speed outside, so those two will be around, too. Hope we remain up to the challenge. :D

:D Kaz :lol:

Is it just "Slow Monday" or am I missing something? <_< I wonder where P22, YDKM, Big Injun, WW, and all the boys are? I know we gotta open date, but I would think the win would bring out everybody to comment on the game. Even the Scott Co. game, and I'm not making fun, should elicit some kind of conversation, huh? Whatever, peace dudes!

:thumb: Kazzo :thumb:

Is it just "Slow Monday" or am I missing something? :D I wonder where P22, YDKM, Big Injun, WW, and all the boys are? I know we gotta open date, but I would think the win would bring out everybody to comment on the game. Even the Scott Co. game, and I'm not making fun, should elicit some kind of conversation, huh? Whatever, peace dudes!

:D Kazzo :P

I'm here kaz. I'm just lettin' it all absorb a little. my young'un got his plow cleaned a little fri night and I'm still in a bit of a shock over scott and ae. so I should be up and jawin tonight. :D