An Apology

mctigersportsfan

Please accept my apology for the actions of one of the Marshall County players this past week. Please do not take the actions of one young man who was not thinking very clearly as the norm in Marshall County. Your players and fans rose to the occasion and paid this young man and his teammates back for his poor judgement and I am sure he has been reprimanded in other ways as well.

Many in Marshall County appreciate the friendships that have been made through this rivalry and we hope to continue those relationships.

Best of Luck to the Bobcats on the remainder of the season and who knows with a little luck and some good play from the Tigers we may meet again this year.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please accept my apology for the actions of one of the Marshall County players this past week. Please do not take the actions of one young man who was not thinking very clearly as the norm in Marshall County. Your players and fans rose to the occasion and paid this young man and his teammates back for his poor judgement and I am sure he has been reprimanded in other ways as well.

Many in Marshall County appreciate the friendships that have been made through this rivalry and we hope to continue those relationships.

Best of Luck to the Bobcats on the remainder of the season and who knows with a little luck and some good play from the Tigers we may meet again this year.

I’m assuming you’re referring to what happened in pre-game warm ups at mid-field???

I saw it and also heard it talked about on 104.5 after the game.

They are kids…kids who need direction, discipline and guidance. Some watch too much TV and see things that some professionals do…and think that it’s alright. There are a lot of actions I disagree with these days pertaining to athletics at all levels…but I’m a little “old school”.

In this particular case….I think he/they got caught up in the moment. As for the Greenbrier fans….I guess it didn’t appear to be as bad due to the final outcome of game. Most had probably forgotten about it by halftime. Had Greenbrier lost….it may have been discussed more. Who knows?

I have witnessed much worse.

The apology is appreciated….Best of luck to Marshall County.

Those of us that live outside your area would like to know what happened. Please don't mention names or numbers.... just describe the incident.

Coachhard can probably tell how much work goes into the Bobcat Shield that is painted in the middle of our field. I can't tell you the hours that are spent on the field, but I have passed by the field midweek nights and seen people working on the shield. We take great pride in it, and from what I saw a certain Marshall player did his best to kick holes in the painted sod during warmups. Things like that don't go unnoticed from our fans, and we don't take it very well. That same player laid on that grass a few times. So I would think he'd want it to be in good shape. :thumb:

Coachhard can probably tell how much work goes into the Bobcat Shield that is painted in the middle of our field. I can't tell you the hours that are spent on the field, but I have passed by the field midweek nights and seen people working on the shield. We take great pride in it, and from what I saw a certain Marshall player did his best to kick holes in the painted sod during warmups. Things like that don't go unnoticed from our fans, and we don't take it very well. That same player laid on that grass a few times. So I would think he'd want it to be in good shape. :unsure:

We played there last year, the midfield logo is very nice. It does look like it takes hours to keep maintained but its very nice. This reminds me of last year, McMinn Central "disgraced" the midfield logo at Notre Dame then complained when the Irish hung 50 on them and didnt pull any starters out late in the game. Gotta love them Irish.

We played there last year, the midfield logo is very nice. It does look like it takes hours to keep maintained but its very nice. This reminds me of last year, McMinn Central "disgraced" the midfield logo at Notre Dame then complained when the Irish hung 50 on them and didnt pull any starters out late in the game. Gotta love them Irish.

The point is it's disrespect. Not it takes however long to make.

First of all, most of the Tigers did not try to disrespect anyone at that game. The team always breaks it down at the 50 yd line before each game. No one's logo is damaged due to that. MC will continue to meet at midfield regardless whose field it is, and like I said, it is not about direspecting anyone's team or crest or fans or school.

Now, with that said, the coaching staff was unaware about one of the boys trying to cut up the field while there. The coaching staff would definitely has disciplined him in that case. I apologize for it personally if that is indeed what happened.

Good luck to the Bobcats, and may fortune and hard work have us meet again in the playoffs.

Things like this can be blamed on the TO's of the world (Remember the Dallas Star incident). It's a shame that some students/athletes feel that they have to degrade their opponents property to prove some kind of point. I've seen this happen far too often and it never accomplishes anything except add fuel to the fire. Having painted a field a few times I can certainly understand the time, energy and effort that goes into it. To me, jumping on the mid-field or mid-court logo shows a complete lack of class and tact. The principals of the offending school should take immediate and decisive action against any student involved in this type of behavior (and in this particular instance the principal may very well have taken care it.)

I don't know about either of these two schools but I have seen a school closer to home do something similar and the principal of the offending school made out like it was the host school's fault and the actions were deserving. In my opinion, this particular principal should have been held personally accountable and made to pay restitution out of their own pocket...

I remember that incident quite well.

[

Now, with that said, the coaching staff was unaware about one of the boys trying to cut up the field while there. The coaching staff would definitely has disciplined him in that case. I apologize for it personally if that is indeed what happened.

[/quote

A Marshall County Coach was standing a mid-field at Lipscomb Last year when it was done. Its on film. So don't think the coaching staff is unaware of such activitiy. Its up to the staff to make sure things like this don't happen or let it happen again. A knowledgable staff would know if they move to mid-field to get reved up before the game, this activity would take place.