JCM vs Munford

Yanker

Well kwc, I don't think there are any doubters left. I certainly didn't expect an immediate turnaround. But now, their secret is out (not the transfers, just about them being good). So don't expect Henry County to come to Munford unprepared. With what I now understand, Munford should beat Hardin County who is down this year. But they will need to get their chin straps on tight come September 29th! Meanwhile, we have to take care of some business over in Jackson agains Liberty...

Drewcephus:

I thought the 28-20 loss to Millington was a pretty good indicator. They demolished Memphis Southside the week prior, but to me, that wasn't a good indication because Memphis Southside has been lousy for a while. The one TD loss to Millington showed me something. It also showed the Munford players something as well. After being the region doormats for so long, they discovered that they could compete. They also discovered that the ole ball coach (Randall) knew what the heck he was talking about. That goes a long way with the teenagers who play the game. Hey, even a teenager can realize that a coach who has won a state tittle, and coached his team to the title game the next year, all the while, winning on average 10 games a season for over a decade, might know a thing or two about the game of football! I learned about the transfers later, while on Coacht. I will admit that I think that Munford is ahead of the curve, as far as, re-building a program is concerned. They are learning to win, and that takes time. The JCM victory is a big step in that direction.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drewcephus:

I thought the 28-20 loss to Millington was a pretty good indicator. They demolished Memphis Southside the week prior, but to me, that wasn't a good indication because Memphis Southside has been lousy for a while. The one TD loss to Millington showed me something. It also showed the Munford players something as well. After being the region doormats for so long, they discovered that they could compete. They also discovered that the ole ball coach (Randall) knew what the heck he was talking about. That goes a long way with the teenagers who play the game. Hey, even a teenager can realize that a coach who has won a state tittle, and coached his team to the title game the next year, all the while, winning on average 10 games a season for over a decade, might know a thing or two about the game of football! I learned about the transfers later, while on Coacht. I will admit that I think that Munford is ahead of the curve, as far as, re-building a program is concerned. They are learning to win, and that takes time. The JCM victory is a big step in that direction.

I wasn't sure how good Millington was at the time. But there is no doubt that Coach Randall now has his kids believing! A win over JCM was huge I am sure. Plus, didn't JCM pound Memphis East in the second round last year? Maybe there was wee bit of revenge in the back of his craw.

That's the REAL question now isn't it? I'm on the outside looking in, I have nothing to back up what I'm about to say, but I think he got a very raw deal. I think he didn't even see it coming. I also think East's football program is going to suffer because of it. I think his firing was something personal with the Principal. I can't prove it ... but that's what I think. I think Randall was done WRONG! I also know that you REAP what you SOW ... we are beginning to see the HARVEST of what the East Principal has sown. You can't do dirt ... and not have bad consequences as a result ... it never works!

KWC,

Those are my sentiments, exactly, KWC!

I think its poetic justice that former East Coach Randall seems to have Munford's football program on the fast-track to success; whereas, East (and its new Principal) is on the fast-track to complete ruins and total obscurity!

I think the Commercial Appeal should go do a story on Coach Randall and the early success of his new team, Munford. Better yet, it would be great if Channell 13 news made Munford the "Team of the Week," following its upset victory over JCM!

All this would serve to give more exposure to the suspicious firing of Coach Randall and, at the same time, really rub "egg" into the face of East's new Principal, for his (BUM) decision to fire the man! Maybe then the East alumni would take closer notice, and look to hold this new Principal accountable....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. KWC, sorry for your Whitehaven Tigers' heartbreaking loss to Woodale!

Man, what a tough way to lose.....Heck, personally, I'd rather get blown out. That way there wouldn't be much 2nd-guessing going on (which is likely the case, with the Coaching staff)....Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. The team really has really backed itself into a corner, now!

Continued success to to Coach Randall and Munford... Good luck Whitehaven, on the rest ot the seaaon.

KWC,

I think its poetic justice that former East Coach Randall seems to have Munford's football program on the fast-track to success; whereas, East (and its new Principal) is on the fast-track to complete ruins and total obscurity!

I think the Commercial Appeal should go do a story on Coach Randall and the early success of his new team, Munford. Better yet, it would be great if Channell 13 news made Munford the "Team of the Week," following its upset victory over JCM!

All this would serve to give more exposure to the suspicious firing of Coach Randall and, at the same time, really rub "egg" into the face of East's new Principal, for his (BUM) decision to fire the man! Maybe then the East alumni would take closer notice, and look to hold this new Principal accountable....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, what a tough way to lose.....Heck, personally, I'd rather get blown out. That way there wouldn't be much 2nd-guessing going on (which is likely the case, with the Coaching staff)....Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. The team really has really backed itself into a corner, now!

Continued success to to Coach Randall and Munford... Good luck Whitehaven, on the rest ot the seaaon.

Thanks TraderB, but it comes with playing in the SEC of Tennessee High School football. You either take care of business, or you go home. They can still get into the playoffs, but they now have to beat White Station, Houston, and Collierville to do so. I'm going to continue to harp on this ... it the 'D'. Our defense is going to have get tougher, or sit at home during the playoffs. The DL and the LB's in particular. Everybody and their momma knows, if you can't stop the run ... you go home. it's up to the DC and the defensive players to step up their game or watch another post season. If Whitehaven doesn't make the playoffs this season ... Coach Saulberry will probably be shown the door ... so ... we will see. For those who are reading this and may be shocked at that stsatement, don't be. You don't win ... you get fired ... that's how it is. He's had three years with outstanding talent ... no excuse for Whitehaven to NOT be in the mix EVERY year. Everybody knows it. No excuses. Win ... or find another job. Just like the SEC.

KWC,

Looking at the 4A region 8 and 7 standings, there is a chance for Munford and East to play in the first round of the playoffs. Now THAT would be a matchup for the ages!

Looking at the 4A region 8 and 7 standings, there is a chance for Munford and East to play in the first round of the playoffs. Now THAT would be a matchup for the ages!

OMW:

I think that would it would be awkward for Coach Randall and the East players, to say the least. If I'm coach Randall, I'd hate to have to beat up on those players with whom I'd been an intricate part of their life to only have that relationship taken away in the manner in which it happened. He's a mentally strong man, and thats what he taught those young men to be as well. I think he wants to beat them if it happens ... but it will be bitter-sweet.