JCM vs Munford

Yanker

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is now a much more interesting thread. In times past, you may just expect a huge JCM victory. But with the addition of a great new coach at Munford along with some very talented players, Munford is in the mix of Region 7-4A play.

A few points to note:

1. Though Munford has an influx of new talent, it is at the skill positions

2. Munford's line on both Offense and Defense is still VERY young

3. It is difficult to win games with little or no support from the line

All of this points to a Munford team that is quickly improving, but still not able to be in serious contention - yet. Against JCM, with their defense so strong I can see them only getting on the board a couple of times at most while JCM should be able to get on the board more often even with a "down" offense.

Edited by Drewcephus

Well, this is now a much more interesting thread. In times past, you may just expect a huge JCM victory. But with the addition of a great new coach at Munford along with some very talented players, Munford is in the mix of Region 7-4A play.

A few points to note:

1. Though Munford has an influx of new talent, it is at the skill positions

2. Munford's line on both Offense and Defense is still VERY young

3. It is difficult to win games with little or no support from the line

All of this points to a Munford team that is quickly improving, but still not able to be in serious contention - yet. Against JCM, with their defense so strong I can see them only getting on the board a couple of times at most while JCM should be able to get on the board more often even with a "down" offense.

Thanks for your post my Cephus friend. The YANKER hopes you are correct!!!

The YANKER has decided to respond to myself in an effort to get this thread going one more time!! Maybe if it gets on page one, more people will see it. Did Madison from Melrose play last week for Munford???

He got in a few times but didn't do much. The Ripley line was just too big and athletic. I'd be suprised if they didn't make it to at least the semi's. They're loaded.

Last year Munford was simply a bad team. They had a great runningback who is gone but he had no help whatsoever. The rest of the team was young last year so I`m thinking they bring a lot of kids back this year. The question is were are they bringing back bad players or are they bringing back improved players. Madison is a good player, but he can`t win the game by himself just like their stud rb couldn`t do the same last year.

Anyone remember that kids name? He did well in track last spring.

JCM has beaten much better Wayne Randall coached teams. I see no reason why they won`t win this one.

Last year Munford was simply a bad team. They had a great runningback who is gone but he had no help whatsoever. The rest of the team was young last year so I`m thinking they bring a lot of kids back this year. The question is were are they bringing back bad players or are they bringing back improved players. Madison is a good player, but he can`t win the game by himself just like their stud rb couldn`t do the same last year.

JCM has beaten much better Wayne Randall coached teams. I see no reason why they won`t win this one.

I remember him, Buck Wakefield. Great athelete. He got pummeled at HC because nobody blocked AT ALL for the poor kid. But don't think they are returning a lot of people, only 3 returning starters on either side of the ball. Without a line, Madison cannot do it all even if he has a star back next to him.

His name was Buck Wakefield my VG friend...and I agree with your post but the YANKER may be a little more worried than you seem to be.