JCM vs Munford

Yanker

I JUST WANT IT KNOWN THAT MUNFORD FOOTBALL TEAM IS A YOUNG TEAM, BUT A STRONG TEAM THAT IS ABLE TO PLAY BALL. I THINK THAT SOME OF US NEED TO REMEMBER THAT IT TAKES A TEAM TO WIN NOT JUST ONE OR TWO PLAYERS. I TRULY BELIEVE THAT MUNFORD IS A GREAT TEAM AND IF THIS NEW COACH WOULD ACT LIKE A COACH AND REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE OTHER MEMBERS ON THE TEAM NOT JUST THE FEW WHO CAME WITH HIM, HE COULD EVEN WIN A FEW MORE GAMES. I WISH EVERY ONE ON THE MUNFORD FOOTBALL TEAM BEST OF LUCK AND REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE SOME OF US WHO BELIEVE IN YOU. SO GO MUNFORD. ;)

ALSO THANKS TO THE MUNFORD TOUCHDOWN CLUB FOR ALL YOU DO FOR OUR YOUNG MEN. GREAT JOB. THANK YOU FROM A MOM OF A PLAYER.

This is no young team. They are loaded with seniors that, quite frankly, have little talent. Those 2 or so players would probably be the difference in winning and losing. to be honest most of the Munford kids I've seen the last few years weren't tough enough to bust a grape so maybe he's got one or two that can and is making the most out of it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind the losing, nevermind the humiliation, nevermind the scrutiny from his peers, nevermind not having the privlege of being one of 32 teams playing in November, nevermind the consequences of never being a part of winner in life, nevermind facing adversity and becoming a man, as long as your boy gets special attention and Coach Randall loses and gets sent down Highway 51 with the other numerous losing coaches. All would be well in your world.

P.S. Munford Touchdown Club does a great job for those boys on the TEAM :thumb:

IMO if you asked most kids on that team, would they reather be a star on a losing team or a backup on a winning team,most would say be a backup,I may be wrong,its been a long time since I was that young.but as a supporter of any team that your child plays on you have to trust the coach to do his job,and his job is to put the best players he can on the field.JMO

Guest hustle101

He got in a few times but didn't do much. The Ripley line was just too big and athletic. I'd be suprised if they didn't make it to at least the semi's. They're loaded.

The Ripley line wasn't too big and bad the first half of the game. Munford didn't give up even though Ripley scored first and at one time the score was 14-6 Munford. Isn't Ripley a 5 A school? Just a comment--I know the final outcome of the game--they will get better--they are beginning to believe in themselves. Just give them a chance to grow.

The Ripley line wasn't too big and bad the first half of the game. Munford didn't give up even though Ripley scored first and at one time the score was 14-6 Munford. Isn't Ripley a 5 A school? Just a comment--I know the final outcome of the game--they will get better--they are beginning to believe in themselves. Just give them a chance to grow.

That's because Munford gave it all they had in the first half. The size and athleticism wore them down in the second half. And no, Ripley is 3A.

TradeB JCM hs faced Madison before. TH\hey played him when Madison was a sophmore. and if i recall he was not too much of a factor. But trust me, they know how elusive he is. I say JCM by atleast two scores.

P.S. Madison doesnt have anywhere near the talent at Munford as he did at Melrose.

JuicyT,

That was TWO years ago! A lot has changed since then.

Believe it or not, Madison is an even better, more dangerous player now. He makes better decisions with the ball and throws more accurately.

The fact that Munford does not have the talent of Melrose...this serves to make Madison all the more dangerous, in my view. He'll likely be expected to carry a bigger offensive load that he ever did at Melrose. In other words, the more Madison has the ball (running or passing, vs handing it off), the more stress he's gonna place on JCM's defense.

JuicyT, I know absolutely NOTHING about Munford football, except they have Coach Randall and Courtney Madison. That's it. Therefore, I have no idea of how they stack up vs JCM. You and most folks on this board give JCM the edge....Based on those comments, it sounds like Madison is gonna' have to work a whole lot of magic, for Munford to come out victorious!

In case you're wondering....if Madison is so much better vs 2 years ago, why did he get demoted to 2nd-string QB this year @ Melrose, prompting the x-fer to Munford?

Well, the answer is a direct reflection of the abundance of talent @ Melrose, versus Madison's lack of ability as a QB.

The Sophomore (T. Toney) who replaced Madison @ QB is such a natural QB (tall, poised, versatile & accurate passer, scramble if need-be, etc), that...there was no way NOT to make him the starter! In other words, Madison is still a great talent. He just brings a different style to the QB spot and, in fact, could start for most teams....anywhere except Melrose, I suppose.

Anyway, Good luck to both Munford & JCM tonight. May the best team win... Hopefully it'll be a clean game, with no injuries.

TraderB..love your posts but have to disagree with your opinion. Munford had a great back last year and he could not do it alone. I don`t think Madison will be able to fare much better. JCM has a great defense. The main thing will depend on how well JCM`s offense performs. They are getting better each week...learning what they can do and can`t do. I agree with juicyt...Madison does not have the same help he had at Melrose. I think JCM wins this game. It will be a closer score than last year but they should still win.

We`ll see. I know a lot of folks are very interested to see how much Madison will improve the Munford team.

JuicyT,

That was TWO years ago! A lot has changed since then.

Believe it or not, Madison is an even better, more dangerous player now. He makes better decisions with the ball and throws more accurately.

The fact that Munford does not have the talent of Melrose...this serves to make Madison all the more dangerous, in my view. He'll likely be expected to carry a bigger offensive load that he ever did at Melrose. In other words, the more Madison has the ball (running or passing, vs handing it off), the more stress he's gonna place on JCM's defense.

JuicyT, I know absolutely NOTHING about Munford football, except they have Coach Randall and Courtney Madison. That's it. Therefore, I have no idea of how they stack up vs JCM. You and most folks on this board give JCM the edge....Based on those comments, it sounds like Madison is gonna' have to work a whole lot of magic, for Munford to come out victorious!

In case you're wondering....if Madison is so much better vs 2 years ago, why did he get demoted to 2nd-string QB this year @ Melrose, prompting the x-fer to Munford?

Well, the answer is a direct reflection of the abundance of talent @ Melrose, versus Madison's lack of ability as a QB.

The Sophomore (T. Toney) who replaced Madison @ QB is such a natural QB (tall, poised, versatile & accurate passer, scramble if need-be, etc), that...there was no way NOT to make him the starter! In other words, Madison is still a great talent. He just brings a different style to the QB spot and, in fact, could start for most teams....anywhere except Melrose, I suppose.

Anyway, Good luck to both Munford & JCM tonight. May the best team win... Hopefully it'll be a clean game, with no injuries.

I've got to go with JCM in this one. They appear to be the more talented team. Courtney does not fit the normal QB prototype. From my understanding, Munford will be using him more as a running back/flanker and kick returner.

Honestly,IMO that is more aligned with his skillset. As a QB, he does not have a strong arm but is capable of making plays especially when things break down.

Does anyone know how his ankle is? It was reported that he left last week's game injured.