CYCLONES GO TO BURLY

cyclone81

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno..........I saw G'ville / South and Greeneville is pretty much a mirror image of Elizabethton. Toss up here unless the Cyclones learn the 'hokey pokey'. What ya got on that Barb?

I think the hokey pokey might be effective against Greeneville but only if putting your left foot in can trip Ryan Duncan, who has a monster game against Cocke county. Haven't seen 'ol Betsy this year but the game at Burley is usually a barn burner.

Edited by barb

I think the hokey pokey might be effective against Greeneville but only if putting your left foot in can trip Ryan Duncan, who has a monster game against Cocke county. Haven't seen 'ol Betsy this year but the game at Burley is usually a barn burner.

We were working on the hokey-pokey last night and I couldn't get the left foot in and the right foot out without losing it. Help me out........

Thought you guys had South nailed and I was pulling for the Devils in that one.

Betsy spreads like Greeneville and the Cylcones running game showed signs of life vs North. #21 for Eliz does a nice job of shooting thru the holes created by the line. #20 picks his spots but found some room Friday night. It will be a shoot out, I think? Who knows, our D looked pretty good Friday also. Just similar teams and a break here or there may make the difference.........or a turnover.......or a penalty at a bad time?

We were working on the hokey-pokey last night and I couldn't get the left foot in and the right foot out without losing it. Help me out........

Thought you guys had South nailed and I was pulling for the Devils in that one.

Betsy spreads like Greeneville and the Cylcones running game showed signs of life vs North. #21 for Eliz does a nice job of shooting thru the holes created by the line. #20 picks his spots but found some room Friday night. It will be a shoot out, I think? Who knows, our D looked pretty good Friday also. Just similar teams and a break here or there may make the difference.........or a turnover.......or a penalty at a bad time?

Greeneville is way faster then North, so be ready! The difference may very well be Greeneville's tremendous kicker, Adam Hughes. His first punt against Cocke County was 72 yards and he kept them pinned deep all night, averaging over 44 yds a kick.

Greeneville is way faster then North, so be ready! The difference may very well be Greeneville's tremendous kicker, Adam Hughes. His first punt against Cocke County was 72 yards and he kept them pinned deep all night, averaging over 44 yds a kick.

That kicker is awesome. How far can he kick a field goal?

Barb, this is why I say our teams are a mirror image of each other. This is one of the fastest Cyclone teams in quite a while. I do know this, we have no mirror image of Hughes. #88.....he is a competitor for Greeneville. Is he ok?

It'll be a good one to watch and in the mean time I'll be working on my hokey-pokey :D

That kicker is awesome. How far can he kick a field goal?

Barb, this is why I say our teams are a mirror image of each other. This is one of the fastest Cyclone teams in quite a while. I do know this, we have no mirror image of Hughes. #88.....he is a competitor for Greeneville. Is he ok?

It'll be a good one to watch and in the mean time I'll be working on my hokey-pokey :thumb:

Danny Bannach missed last week with a back injury. Paper said he was out indefinitely, whatever that means.

As for Hughes, I haven't seen him kick anything but extra points and he has been nailing them. I am of the opinion he could be consistant in the 30-40 yard range.

Anyway, I think if Greeneville can get their offense going, Hughes punting and the Devils stingy defense could keep Betsy off balance and give the Devils the win.