CYCLONES GO TO BURLY

cyclone81

It is a shame what is being allowed to happen to these boys. I agree with most of your post 1981. You can't lay it all on the coaches, but quite a bit but you say "i'm sure that we have some of the finest coaches around this area". Sorry but id on't get it? Smith get s killed on a regular basis and so do the rbs. I agree with glee that the ad should step in and maybe not think about waitin til next year. Pless ain't got his heart in it and the team is like him, soft wit no fire.

Why do you set ur team up to fail in the first half? :thumb:

A shame last night they didn't even seem to care they have no discipline what so ever that team is a joke we didn't even play that good. And it's not the coach's fault becuz last night when we ran the fake punt they were telling everybody to get on both of our guys and they did not even listen and wes anderson who i went to furman camp stepped up and took the challenge.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EHS is now a baseball, soccer, cross country, girls basketball and volleyball school. No longer a football school. Hampton would beat EHS this year.

Adios Eddie. Its been real.

NO, its been unreal. Pless says we "didn't do anything in the first half". Without a doubt, he is correct. He says and undoubtably knows, that this is a passing team. With that said, he (Pless acts as offensive coordinator) calls 12 or so running plays to start the Greeneville game. That is unreal but he lays it on the team in Sunday's Eliz Star newspaper. This team hasn't had the run all year but he continues to lead off with it and then wants to throw deep with Smith in the game. The short routes have been Betsy's bread and butter all year. Look at the early success vs DB as an example. It worked but we quit doing the short routes later in the game. Yes Eddie is a nice guy, but my respect for him in respect to how he handles this team is gone. Do yourself and the team a favor and turn the offense over to Calcagni. Quick! You should know when you are not getting the job done. Don't sugar coat the situation by laying it on the players when they are not coached properly. There is a 'choke' going on in games and it is plain to see. I do think the guys were somewhat prepared, but why not use the plays that you use in your practices? :rolleyes: It would be nice to have a better running game but it is not there. Play to the teams strengths and sneak in the run as you said you were going to do. Shame on you!

Edited by GLee

NO, its been unreal. Pless says we "didn't do anything in the first half". Without a doubt, he is correct. He says and undoubtably knows, that this is a passing team. With that said, he (Pless acts as offensive coordinator) calls 12 or so running plays to start the Greeneville game. That is unreal but he lays it on the team in Sunday's Eliz Star newspaper. This team hasn't had the run all year but he continues to lead off with it and then wants to throw deep with Smith in the game. The short routes have been Betsy's bread and butter all year. Look at the early success vs DB as an example. It worked but we quit doing the short routes later in the game. Yes Eddie is a nice guy, but my respect for him in respect to how he handles this team is gone. Do yourself and the team a favor and turn the offense over to Calcagni. Quick! You should know when you are not getting the job done. Don't sugar coat the situation by laying it on the players when they are not coached properly. There is a 'choke' going on in games and it is plain to see. I do think the guys were somewhat prepared, but why not use the plays that you use in your practices? :rolleyes: It would be nice to have a better running game but it is not there. Play to the teams strengths and sneak in the run as you said you were going to do. Shame on you!

Choke...perfect description. I thought they looked unprepared, uninspired, and poorly led. Play calling was a joke. After the first 2 posessions, my husband said to me" they need to fire their coach". QB has talent and the offense was not playing to that talent. The scheme was so predictable, we were sitting in the stands calling the plays. We left after Betsy had it 4th and short from almost the same field position on 2 consecutive possesions and ran exactly the same failed pass play. The defense stepped up and gave them another chance and bad play calling took it away.

I am glad it's just a short walk home from Burley cause The whole way home, I had to hear from the hubby exactly why Betsy lost that game. I am sure all your wives had to hear it much longer than I did. I had the right idea... H-O-K-E-Y P-O-K-E-Y...

Choke...perfect description. I thought they looked unprepared, uninspired, and poorly led. Play calling was a joke. After the first 2 posessions, my husband said to me" they need to fire their coach". QB has talent and the offense was not playing to that talent. The scheme was so predictable, we were sitting in the stands calling the plays. We left after Betsy had it 4th and short from almost the same field position on 2 consecutive possesions and ran exactly the same failed pass play. The defense stepped up and gave them another chance and bad play calling took it away.

I am glad it's just a short walk home from Burley cause The whole way home, I had to hear from the hubby exactly why Betsy lost that game. I am sure all your wives had to hear it much longer than I did. I had the right idea... H-O-K-E-Y P-O-K-E-Y...

Thanks Barb. You weren't the only Greeneville fan that asked "what's up with the coaching?" You know its getting bad when the opposing fans take notice as well as us home folks. We are not a super team but we have the kids to be competitive, if allowed to do so by the Head Man. I have to put blame where it goes. I still feel sorry for Wes Jeffers, last years QB. He would have benefited greatly by throwing from the gun but was rarely allowed to do that.

Are yall at it again??? Must be Karma. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone is after the kids. We have a problem and its been around too long.

OK........my wife says I shouldn't be so mad. I am sorry Coach Pless for what I have written. I should not have vented on CoachT what you need to hear in person. AND, she is probably right on the CoachT part.

That's why I haven't said anything yet trying to cool off after such a performance. I always try to be open minded, and put the blame on everyone, so with that said here I go. Please don't get mad at me, for what I think, it only goes so far.

1st coaching is a problem. not so much ability, but want. If you want to be a good coach you take your issues, and try to improve. Example, how many times have we had 4th and short and went out of shotgun? How many times has it worked? How many teams have we stopped on 4th and short who took the ball from under center and bulled their way for yardage. i feel we have the talent to put two guys in the backfield, and run the ball. apparently coach thinks otherwise, and does not want to try it any other way.

2nd Glee hit the nail on the head with the word DISIPLINE. Not a word familiar to CYCLONE coaching anymore. We all agree the o line has it's problems, I asked one of the lineman, "WHat did your coach say when you came off the field, (he always gathers all of them up and gives a speech, to which I saw one lineman laughing at what he was saying.) I was told, He was telling us what a good job we were doing, and that the qback would start hiting his passes soon. I would have laughed too, after seeing the penetration the Greenville defense was having and we were twice the size of the biggest guy on D. Sorry but the center, and left tackle were missing blocks all night, or being caught for holding. I know one is a senior and the coaches are trying to get him some playing time, but is it fair to the team? The other one has the line coach over to eat at his house every week , so we know why he plays. Never do i see a player getting his but chewed or taken out of the game for a bad play, it is always a pat on the back. When the coaches learn to quit being so soft on the players, and making them responsible for their actions you will see a change in attitudes. The ones who want to play will listen and the others will be sitting.

3rd All blame can't go to coaching, as they can't go on the field, but has some even ever played the game? Burleson is on the field with head sets on, but what does he do? He lost his job as baseball coach, so why is he on the football staff? I don't know the answers to aything that has happened with him I just don't see what his job is on Friday nights. but the players need to get a sence of pride in themselves. It all starts with their willingness to get better, and be good. Hard work and dedication. Which some seem to think is a natural ability because of their size. Not the case, as we have all seen. Some have stepped up their game and i am proud they have. But as GLEE said me and mine have had a heart to heart, and attidudes, are to be left at home,a nd when it comes game time it is time to throw away all feelings, and play as a team, giving all they have, and leaving it all on the field, because the sun will rise tomorrow, and football will be no more.

And for those who think it is a Qback issue, explain it to me? We are fortunate to have two different types of qbacks, One who can run, and one who can't. They both have strengths, and weaknesses. but i haven't seen the second string make any big plays that the starter has. Yes he has a good arm, we saw that when he throwed a ball in the stands, but arm strength doesn't make you a qback, leading a team does. And Glee don't get mad, and I don't think you will, But P needs to try to be alittle more patient sometimes. I know that has been few and far between, with the pressure he has faced, but there has been occations, he has panicked, and rolled out into a blocked man. It is hard for lineman to block when they don't know where the pocket is. Wes does sit in the pocket and he seemed to have a little more time, and threw the ball away when he got pressured. Not that that is better wish they could both learn for each other. P does a good job. Once again it comes down to ability to run the ball, and on the counter plays why are we pulling 2 lineman, and leaving the d end unblocked? I see the back is trying to block him, but if he is coached well he will follow the lineman to the play which i s what is happening, and make the play. this is a tough block for a tailback to make. Wes did o.k. but the 4th and short with a fumble showed he isn't ready to be a leader. I saw P make the first and we keep a good drive going. Coaches should have known, it is tough to get under center when you haven't taken a snap in a game situation for under center, as I don't recall wes being under center at all. Tough mistake at a bad time.

Lastly, We all need to come together for this season, and encourage these kids who went undefeated as freshman, through a difficult year, and all is not lost. Playoffs are still in the picture. We have to come together as a team and play hard, maybe the coaches will come around and see the shotgun isn't working when that is all you run. Good luck to all, and lets finish strong.

Edited by cyclonehorns

Iagree with GLEE and Cyclonehorns but what this team really needs is to see that their town and fans supporting them... when it is 4 and 1 they need to hear us yelling for them they need to know that we still are behind them some of you can get up when the band comes through but not for the boys even the student section is lacking in the support department i feell that if they know that we are still here for them they would play better. The seniors are being forgotten all the coaches are doing is grooming for next year well you still have this year and I believe that they can do it most of the guys have played together for a long time and i know that they can be in the playoffs with determantion and hard work they can do it. Instead of all the neg. talk how about some postive talk to them a little uplifting never hurt anyone, along with hard work. but that is just my opinion.