CYCLONES GO TO BURLY

cyclone81

Looks to me as if both teams lost some valuable players and each team has its own identity for 2006. I have seen Greeneville and of course, Elizabethton. They are both new teams that are playing as a 'unit'. Both fly thier offense out of the spread and both will knock your head off on defense. We'll get our money's worth Friday night. Good luck........

CYCLONE PRIDE!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me as if both teams lost some valuable players and each team has its own identity for 2006. I have seen Greeneville and of course, Elizabethton. They are both new teams that are playing as a 'unit'. Both fly thier offense out of the spread and both will knock your head off on defense. We'll get our money's worth Friday night. Good luck........

CYCLONE PRIDE!!!

H-O-K-E-Y P-O-K-E-Y!!!!!!

I've said it before, i think Betsy has a very solid ballclub with tons of potential.They have speed, size,and some depth but they seem to be out of sync at times and lacking consistancy.They have plenty of weapons to make big plays with, but they seem to want to rely on that.They should be able to drive it consistantly with running from qb and rb,play action, and short passing game.By that i mean 3 to 6 yd passes and giveing there wr alot of 1 on 1 situations on the outside, they make that man miss and it's off to the races.If not your still hitting high% passes and moveing the chains.When the defense tightens up then go over the top.They have all the weapons on offense to be a awsome team, and the defense is solid enough to keep them in games.But the offense needs to have more consistancy and ball control to help there D out.They need to cut down on the mental mistakes"penaltys,turnovers" and try and force big plays but let them develope and trust that they will come.They have the potential to be extremely hard to stop.I've not seen Greenville play but it sounds like there similar.If Betsy can control the ball and clock get pressure on the qb from the outside and keep him contained not letting him have time or get to the corners.They could win big, what worries me is Betsy's secondary,they cover the deep ball pretty good, but seem to leave alot of room underneath.Greenville beat D-B a couple of yrs ago with screens,draws,and short passes.But if Betsy holds there ground in the middle and brings the heat from the corners, keeping containment they shouldn't have a problem.Betsy has alot more weapons on offense than South in my opinion so i'm gonna say Betsy 28 Green Devils 20. Good luck both teams!!

Does Zeller know you are on here pretending to be him??? Don't you think he has more class than to come on here talking trash??? You are as stupid as ol' gangsta wannabe goochtor8000 and his "meatza" trash that for the most part is unintelligible gibberish.

I think Greeneville has the talent to take care of business on Friday. Let's at least show the fine people from Betsy we have some class and intelligence as well.

Jibberish this slang is straight out of the oven with the meatza supreme so barb is you think were talking jibberish then get back in the kitchen and put that meatzone magic on the table woman

Jibberish this slang is straight out of the oven with the meatza supreme so barb is you think were talking jibberish then get back in the kitchen and put that meatzone magic on the table woman

Someone needs to take some "meatzone magic " to your disrespectful backside. You obviously haven't had any home training. And that is woman MAM to you.

Good to see you all get settled down on your football team there in Betsy. It was rediculous what you was writing. If you win, and you should, Im sure everyting will be just okeydokey. If you lose, your gonna blame it on you qb. That is what you should be embarassed about. Hes the best around here. Go gettem Smith ;)

I look for Smith to lead Betsy past Greeneville. It's the Devils home field and with the Cyclone line coming to life, the Cyclones will slip by with a WIN.

I'm not sure who to tell Greeneville to watch out for. It could be Fuqua, Hyder, Jenkins, Loving, Carver, Price, well nuff said. Too many Cyclone weapons this year and Greeneville is missing thier big play makers from last year. Can't deny it, Gash and WAshington are missed bad and it shows.

B.J. Washington was not that good he could'nt catch the ball he might of had a good game or there but he was not all that good. Like my boy ryan said we lose 3 players on both sides of the ball next year, but beyond that we play completly different this year as one team. I'm not saying betsy isn't a bad team becuz there are not they've played 4 good teams. They've got people that can make stuff happen and so do we. If your coming out then be prepared to get your mulley's worth.

It was two evenly matched teams. Problem here is that Greeneville's coaches outclassed the Betsy head man, Eddie Pless. Greeneville 21-7. 21-0 at the half behind the Cyclones explosive running game that never happened, of course, no one knew that we had an explosive running game because we don't. I know that Pless would like to see some sort of running game develop, but it is not there. To open the game with 12 or so running plays was absurd and cost Besty any chance at winning the game. What was he thinking. Even Pless knows that this team has to pass the ball to open up the run. Gosh........it seemed as if we were being coached to lose and without a doubt, our Cyclone players were not given the chance to compete in this game with the exception of the last quarter and a half. That is when hitches and slants appeared that was even more available in the first half. It was too late.Yes, the players made their share of mistakes but the Head Coach has to give them the opportunity to move the ball and score. That just wasn't the case and no team can keep up thier intensity in that situation.

I have bit my tongue this year but not anymore. The seniors are having their season wasted by a underachieving staff that is content to take the wind out of their sails. I just hope the AD has enough gumption to do something about it. Maybe the Concerned Citizens need a new cause because the depth of the fall is going to get deeper for the football program. I don't have a problem with saying these things on here because I won't have a problem saying them to Coach Pless. As I said to an assistant tonight, "if I were the head coach, I'd step down immediately". I'm sorry Coach, but that is the absolute truth. The only thing that happened good tonight is this is the first game we havn't had 2 or so flags for too many players on the field and this is our 5th game. That is a dicipline problem and it starts at the top. What a sad situation at Elizabethton. Trully sad to let these young men, who have been successful at football thru the years at Betsy succumb to being undercoached.

To Greeneville: Way to stay with your season's game plan and good execution. Greenway was given the opportunity to make plays and did a good job on most of them. Good luck to you guys. :thumb:

GLee, I have to agree with you that the main reason for the under achievement of the Cyclones for the past few years must be a lack of discipline. And that has to come from the Head man. I won't lay it on all the coaches because I'm sure that we have some of the finest coaches around this area. I have been following this website now for a few years but this is my first post, I just had to say something because I hate the way we are heading as a football team. I blame coaching and not the kids I feel for the most part that they do their best but aren't prepared for Friday night.

I think EHS has quit. They come out with no emotion and they look like they are going to a funeral instead of a football game. The first 3 quarters were a disgrace and nobody seemed to care. They had their special teams moment when they forgot to cover the wideout. The coaches tried to get a timeout but didn't. Every week the special teams goof up somewhere. The first half they made Greeneville look like Maryville.

EHS is losing their fan base and once you lose it you may never get it back.

They will win this week but that will just be a bandaid because the fat lady is singing.

GLee, I have to agree with you that the main reason for the under achievement of the Cyclones for the past few years must be a lack of discipline. And that has to come from the Head man. I won't lay it on all the coaches because I'm sure that we have some of the finest coaches around this area. I have been following this website now for a few years but this is my first post, I just had to say something because I hate the way we are heading as a football team. I blame coaching and not the kids I feel for the most part that they do their best but aren't prepared for Friday night.

It is a shame what is being allowed to happen to these boys. I agree with most of your post 1981. You can't lay it all on the coaches, but quite a bit but you say "i'm sure that we have some of the finest coaches around this area". Sorry but id on't get it? Smith get s killed on a regular basis and so do the rbs. I agree with glee that the ad should step in and maybe not think about waitin til next year. Pless ain't got his heart in it and the team is like him, soft wit no fire.

Why do you set ur team up to fail in the first half? :o

Edited by TellTheTruth2004