CYCLONES GO TO BURLY

cyclone81

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the coaches didnt set the team up to play their best, but when do you say its on the players? Last night there were MANY plays that would have worked if the team EXECUTED it. And when the right call was followed by execution, good things happened. The TD run is a prime example. Carr followed the excellent blocking and went untouched for the most part.

But my opinion means a lot. I guess thats why were on here instead of reviewing film.

We were better than a .500 team last year and we are better than a .500 team this year as well. This year's team should be a step better and the coaches know this.

So my problem is that we allow our players to play the game 'so so' and the staff deems that acceptable. I have been told this by an assistant. Not giving your all is acceptable. Not executing your assignments is acceptable. The coaching staff tolerates this and that is not acceptable. So how do you dicipline the young men that don't give total effort and who continue to blow assignments? Do you mark it off as being "excited" and continue to make excuses for them? There is a lack of effort that is tolerated and not addressed. This is a coaching problem and is not acceptable to anyone that I know. Offensive schemes and defensive schemes have been a big problem but the above is the main problem with the last few year's teams. Of course, last nights first half was the worst offensive 'scheme' I have ever seen from an Elizabethton team and it's been bad for awhile.

As far as film, everyone who steps on the field on Friday nights should be at the Saturday film session. Be there or not plan on playing come the following Friday. I guess that's old school. If it is, then tear down the new school and start over.

Football hours are not 3 to 5 M-TH and 7 to 10 on Friday's.

It is a full time job and if you half do it you get beat a lot and play bad a lot.

If the coaches want to spend times with their family's I have no problem with that but they should quit coaching and say they want to spend more time with their family's. If they keep coaching then coach and put some effort into coaching.

Last night was one of the top 3 worst performances by an Elizabethton team and staff in history.

Edited by rvd

WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!HAD A GENTLEMAN FROM GREENEVILLE COME UP TO ME AFTER THE GAME AND ASK ME WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CYCLONE FOOTBALL.HE SAID YOUR KIDS WASNT PUT IN A POSITION TO WIN,AND THATS NOT LIKE YOU GUYS. :unsure: I HAVE ONE HURTING REAL BAD AT MY HOUSE AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY TO HIM.ITS KILLING ME.HE IS A WINNER AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN,BUT THE WINNING ATTITUDE IS JUST NOT THERE FROM THE TOP DOWN.ALOT OF PLAYERS SEEM LIKE THEY WOULD JUST AS SOON LAY DOWN AND LET OPPONENTS KICK THEIR TEETH IN.I GUESS I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THIS.NO SHORT ROUTES,NO CATCHING PUNTS,NO COVERING YOUR MAN WHEN THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.NO DISCIPLINE AT ALL!!!!! FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER NOT KNOWN WHAT TO SAY TO MY SON WHO IS HURTING.GET A VERY SMART COACH TO COME IN AND HELP WHO KNOWS OFFENSE MANY TIMES OVER,AND THEY WANT EVEN LISTEN TO HIM,WHAT A SHAME.THIS IS TRUELY EMBARRASING TO THE KIDS,PROGRAM,COMMUNITY,AND SCHOOL.ITS HIGH TIME FOR A CHANGE IN LEADERSHIP,BUT WONT EVER HAPPEN.TO SATISFIED JUST TO BE IN CHARGE :thumb:

A petition got rid of school board members. Maybe its time to get one goin for a change of football coaches? Or I guess i'll have to watch this two more years. I don't know if I can take it. There was a day when kids transfered to Betsy for football and now they transfer out of here for sports. Maybe we'll get some baseball players cause what we have now is a baseball school :unsure: Thats not bad but the players are here to be good in football. They need a coaching staff. Anyone ready to sign the petition?

I don't think we need an entire new coaching staff we just need someone that will take control of players and coaches. I do think that we have a couple of really good assistant coaches that just need someone to follow. I agree we need to get back to OLD SCHOOL and demand that all players are there to watch films and to take care of any injuries on Saturday morning. But that just goes back to demanding respect from the team and if you can't get that then put a little fear into them, by either sitting them on the bench to running them after practice until they drop.

We were better than a .500 team last year and we are better than a .500 team this year as well. This year's team should be a step better and the coaches know this.

So my problem is that we allow our players to play the game 'so so' and the staff deems that acceptable. I have been told this by an assistant. Not giving your all is acceptable. Not executing your assignments is acceptable. The coaching staff tolerates this and that is not acceptable. So how do you dicipline the young men that don't give total effort and who continue to blow assignments? Do you mark it off as being "excited" and continue to make excuses for them? There is a lack of effort that is tolerated and not addressed. This is a coaching problem and is not acceptable to anyone that I know. Offensive schemes and defensive schemes have been a big problem but the above is the main problem with the last few year's teams. Of course, last nights first half was the worst offensive 'scheme' I have ever seen from an Elizabethton team and it's been bad for awhile.

As far as film, everyone who steps on the field on Friday nights should be at the Saturday film session. Be there or not plan on playing come the following Friday. I guess that's old school. If it is, then tear down the new school and start over.

Even though the Cyclones are 1-4 they've only lost one conference game.

You guys have Unicoi, South, Central, East, and Johnson Co. left. South and Johnson Co will be tough tests, but if Betsy plays they will beat the other three. Win three more games and your in the playoffs. It may not be a perfect season, but it's better than nothing.

Make the playoffs and get killed by West or Boone. This is living proof of what a joke this current playoff format is.

I predict 4-6 and 4th in the conference.

If North beats Johnson County and Johnson County beats EHS then all 3 have 3 losses and then what happens? If it is out of conference then EHS is 0-3. I know North and JC have wins out of conference.

Make the playoffs and get killed by West or Boone. This is living proof of what a joke this current playoff format is.

If North beats Johnson County and Johnson County beats EHS then all 3 have 3 losses and then what happens? If it is out of conference then EHS is 0-3. I know North and JC have wins out of conference.

I thought the overall record was was the 1st tie breaker.

Assuming they all lose to Tennessee and South, I think it would look like this:

1) Tennessee or South

2) Tennessee or South

3) North

4) Johnson Co.

The example you mentioned was similar to the Region 2 4A situation last year. 3 teams (Cherokee, Greeneville, Mo East) were tied for 3rd place and even though Greeneville (in this case Elizabethton) defeated Cherokee (North) they lost to a team Mo East (Johnson Co.) that was defeated by Cherokee (North).

It seems confusing but I'm pretty sure that's how it would turn out.