Hampton (3-1) @ West Greene (0-4)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get with the folks at Hampton before I say more, but I can tell you it's one of the Premier schools in the southeast, a very good Academic School. It was really a thrill to see such interest in the local player(s), and especially from a school with such high standards.

D 1 school in the southeast with very good academics... So you're saying Vanderbilt, UVA Charlottesville, or Georgia Tech, right???..... This may be alittle of topic, but JC isn't gonna put West Greene back on the schedual for next year, is he?... I hope not...

Edited by Rangerbook06

I'll get with the folks at Hampton before I say more, but I can tell you it's one of the Premier schools in the southeast, a very good Academic School. It was really a thrill to see such interest in the local player(s), and especially from a school with such high standards.

Thanks krich,

You have peaked my interest. I think we need to support all our local players that have a chance to move to a higher level. This area needs more good press to get the boys and girls the chances that they have earned. I am glad to see that the coaches are recognizing the talent and desire and helping to promote it. :thumb:

Thanks krich,

You have peaked my interest. I think we need to support all our local players that have a chance to move to a higher level. This area needs more good press to get the boys and girls the chances that they have earned. I am glad to see that the coaches are recognizing the talent and desire and helping to promote it. :)

I've been fortunate to meet some quality college coaches who have shown an increased interest in our local talent, and their emphasis has Always being on the student's Academic soundness, a credit to the colleges and universities involved.

I obviously have had nothing to do with what's now taking place at Hampton. They just happen to have two ligitimate Division One Prospects - but I felt it worth mentioning, first, because of the Academic Credentials - both from the School and the Students - and second, the Division One component, a huge plus. These players are very good.

*Incidentally, if anybody knows of a student/athlete with the desire to play college ball (or any sport), a simple email to the respective school(s) often goes a long way - - - gets the wheels rolling. If you're shy, I'd be honored to do it for you.

*Incidentally, if anybody knows of a student/athlete with the desire to play college ball (or any sport), a simple email to the respective school(s) often goes a long way - - - gets the wheels rolling. If you're shy, I'd be honored to do it for you.

also, most schools have a prospective athlete, or recruit questionaire on their website under the athletic dept where they ask for some basic stats, school, and coach info...

Edited by unakafan07

We gave it all we got. And we did pretty good better than what all of u thought. The score was 41 to 12 not 56 to 0 or anything like that. There RB is one of the best i bet in east Tn. Good luck to the dogs rest of the year. Hope u when State.

Thanks West Greene player nothing but class from you all also keep on working hard and stay in the weight room. God Bless, Good Luck, and Stay Healthy!

I've been fortunate to meet some quality college coaches who have shown an increased interest in our local talent, and their emphasis has Always being on the student's Academic soundness, a credit to the colleges and universities involved.

I obviously have had nothing to do with what's now taking place at Hampton. They just happen to have two ligitimate Division One Prospects - but I felt it worth mentioning, first, because of the Academic Credentials - both from the School and the Students - and second, the Division One component, a huge plus. These players are very good.

krich, i want to apologize for always giving you grief over the ballgames and some of your input. You are obviously an assest to all the county schools,and it matters most in the classroom and not on the field. The 2 you are speaking of, this will be huge in the thier future, getting an awsome education and possible being able to get in a little football on the side. once again krich, sorry for the grief, but it is an opinionated forum at which we both are entitled to our own. :blink:

krich, i want to apologize for always giving you grief over the ballgames and some of your input. You are obviously an assest to all the county schools,and it matters most in the classroom and not on the field. The 2 you are speaking of, this will be huge in the thier future, getting an awsome education and possible being able to get in a little football on the side. once again krich, sorry for the grief, but it is an opinionated forum at which we both are entitled to our own. ;)

Fan, you're one of the better posters on-site, and certainly entitled to your opinions. So, don't go ruinin' the fun by apologizing. :P

I have no axe to grind, and I really try not to aim my posts, other than to "reply." Inevitably, however, someone will take me to task . . . .a good thing, really. Keeps me honest.

And, for what it's worth, it's nice to Finally see our area's posters, sincerely wishing "All Carter County Teams" (and to some extent, Unicoi and Johnson Counties) good luck. That's something we haven't always done very well. I sure hope it continues.

That was a very good B team game between Hampton and West Greene tonight

being a WGHS parent i was very proud to see how the B team stepped up and really played their guts out and so did Hampton and was some good sportsmanship on both side just wish our coaching staff would be proud of our boys as much as us the parents are

but taking nothing from ya'll you guys got a good team i wish ya the best of luck thru the rest of the season

That was a very good B team game between Hampton and West Greene tonight

being a WGHS parent i was very proud to see how the B team stepped up and really played their guts out and so did Hampton and was some good sportsmanship on both side just wish our coaching staff would be proud of our boys as much as us the parents are

but taking nothing from ya'll you guys got a good team i wish ya the best of luck thru the rest of the season

Thanks, Looked like the JV teams put the points on the board tonight, both teams together scored over 100 points, good for the younger kids.