Metro Freshman Football Rankings

metrosfinest

My mistake for not clarifying; I did mean public schools. When I was a freshman at MBA, our public school opponents were Apollo, Cameron, Rose Park, Moore, and McMurray. We scrimmaged West. I know Bass, Hillwood, Litton, Neely's Bend, Highland Heights, Cumberland, Meigs, Wright, Ewing Park, Donelson, Two Rivers, and Dupont all had teams, and I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.

All those teams you mentioned are middle schools. Why was MBA freshmen playing middle school teams?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those teams you mentioned are middle schools. Why was MBA freshmen playing middle school teams?

If you look at my original post of 17 Sep, you'll see that I mentioned "9th grade" and "freshman" both, as well as "mid '70's". Metro had no middle schools at that time. There were 7-8-9 schools called Jr. High Schools, or a Senior High School's 9th grade (Hillwood was the only public senior high school I recall at that time that had a 9th grade).