McKenzie @ Huntingdon

GlenChervin

I wasn't trying to start anything, or trying to say you was. I have seen you post a lot before I know you are pretty level headed. My point was that you can't compare scores between teams in a lot of cases. The key is how each team matches up against the team it is playing. Mckenzie will have different strengths and weaknesses than Dresden just as Huntingdon will.

I agree with you and accept that both teams will bring their best game to the table. Just that for once, I don't expect a blow out. Amazingly, I haven't seen anyone on here trying to start anything which is good.

We are all in a dog fight for what we want. Just that this time we want different things!! Ya'll want a Class AA, Region 7 championship and we want a Class A, Region 7 championship. Personally, I hope ya'll get what you want but, this Friday night is another thing of course. :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading the posts on here and really they are quite amusing to say the least. Does anybody talk about the keys for either side? If you really want to do something funny, pick any poster on this thread and go back to this game last year and read the posts.

Same posts ..... Different year....

One thing different though. Can anybody guess?

OK, Mr. Mustang I give up, what's different? :rolleyes:

I've been reading the posts on here and really they are quite amusing to say the least. Does anybody talk about the keys for either side? If you really want to do something funny, pick any poster on this thread and go back to this game last year and read the posts.

Same posts ..... Different year....

One thing different though. Can anybody guess?

We are waiting anxiously for the answer!!! Most of us know the keys to this game! That's why it hasn't gone stupid so far. The difference is that this is two entirely different terms this year!

VERY little difference between 2001 and this year, come on now. Lets be real. The difference is called SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!! They had some speed all over the field, plus they played better opponents in 2001. I have watch the rebels this year and they are not bad, but they are no 2001 team.

Actually, your figures are correct on Rebel wins in recent years. Teh main flaw in that thinking is that those teams aren't gonna be on the field this Friday night. Living in the past can very much damage ones immediate future. I doubt Mansfield is telling your Mustangs about past games this week in practice!!! Of course I hope he is but, I doubt it.

This bunch of Rebels can play the game right and they are hot right now!!

I also, doubt there is a football fan in McKenzie that isn't aware of the past domination of Huntingdon over our Rebels. That doesn't mean this will automatically be another W for ya'll. Let me add this, I'm not predicting a McKenzie upset here. But, I will safely say that unless the Rebel's wheels fall off Friday night the Mustangs will have their hand full with them.

Personally, I see VERY little difference in this Rebel team and that 2001 team you mentioned.

Hey Rebel fans (duckman, volsandtitans, Butchie).......are there any pre-game festivities this time? Ya'll know I can't handle the butterflies in my stomach!

Heard there's gonna be some "deposits" being dropped off this year too..........just what I heard though. I'm innocent this time I swear!!! :unsure:

McKenzie 20

Huntingdon 14

6 of the 20 goes to Bugs for a kickoff return or PA pass of 35 yards.

i dare sumbody to try and make a deposit over here in h-town tonight. they need to stay and guard their own crap. lets just say they'll be surprised if they try sumthin. haha. i dare sumbody to try sumthin

Its about time we started some good trash talking. And I mean it is good. Not negative or out of line in anyway. I heard that Crocker is going to try and play w/ a hurt back. What is his exact injury? McKenzie or not, if it is a back injury that young man does not need to be on the field.

Butchie,

How is McKenzie looking on the injury front? I think we have stayed pretty healthy all year.

All of you are right, this one has the makings of a good one.

I will be getting there at game time so Bo I will probably be hanging on the fence w/ you.

GO REBELS!!!

I love people like you who think they know what they are talking about. Alot of players play the game with much more serious injury and do not get scrutinized for it. Do you have green eyes? Bet you do. Do you honestly think this boys daddy would risk his baseball season for a few football games. You must be out of your ever loving mind brother. Baseball is where this young man's bread is buttered although he could get some butter from football too if he was put out there like some of the others are. That is a whole nother thread. Why don't you people stick with the game at hand and let this boy alone. More than likely he has played with it the entire season; from what I have been told several orthopedic surgeons have looked at his test results and have came up with the same conclusion. If there was even a snow balls chance in..... that he could be hurt any more than he is at this point his daddy would jerk him out in a New York minute. Quit trying to trash talk kids and their parents and THEIR DOCTORS opinions and take care of your own. I haven't talked to old man Crocker myself but I am sure that he is doing exactly what the doctors have suggested and nothing less nor would Mansfield risk the boys health.

Play ball Mustangs and LET THE BIG DOG EAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huntingdon will win this one hands down.

We are waiting anxiously for the answer!!! Most of us know the keys to this game! That's why it hasn't gone stupid so far. The difference is that this is two entirely different terms this year!

Duckman... I'm not trying to be smart here, but each year is an entirely different team.. You don't have Abernathy,Holland nor Hall and we don't have Bell, Nellett, Boo, and so forth.

Are the good folks in McKenzie hopeful this year because of the injuries that we have? I think you'll see a difference between Huntingdon and West Carroll and Greenfield. We still have some players that will light you up. How would McKenzie done with Carr on the sidelines in street clothes against Dresden? Your starting tackle and running back on the sidelines? Your other tackle and starting running back out for the 2nd half...

The thing I see is the mindset of Huntingdon. Not the history in the series but the will to win. When you've got players like Crocker that comes off the field throwing up and can barely hold his head up and still lead his team to a win; this attitude is shared by all the Mustang players. If we get beat Friday night you won't see us saying we lost because of injuries.

We've got plenty of horses. They've just been in the stables. Good luck to both teams and as always I hope the game is injury free.

Steady boys, steady.........

Oh yea.. The answer to my question is..... "Big mistake"...

Edited by Mr. Mustang