Sycamore @ Harpeth

War Eagles

Sycamore has struggled recently but they will certainly overmatch Harpeth. Is Halstead (sp?) still the head coach at SHS. I met Tharpe when he was there and he seemed like a great coach and I hope that Sycamore will continue doing well.

Why is it that Cheatham and Sycamore can be competitive in that county but Harpeth can't? I know it has do with the region they are in but why do SHS and CCHS beat Harpeth like a drum when they play. When was the last time HHS beat either one of them. It seems that some people are wanting to take up HHS but two schools in the same county seem to own them right now (and they are not private). Of course they can''t compete with Goodpasture, CPA, Lipscomb etc. but why do they get beat so bad by Cheatham and Sycamore?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because Sycamore doesn't make many excuses. That was proven last week when they lost a 21-0 lead at Pearl Cohn and eventually lost the game 28-21. The head coach took responsibility and the seniors on the team took responsibility.

Sycamore knows that although they are 0-2 in the region they are a good football team. After Friday night they'll be 4-2 overall. They'll surely destroy DeKalb Co. on "Senior Night" in their final regular season game in week nine (week ten is a bye due to playing in week zero). After Sycamore takes care of business this week it's a three game season where they control their own destiny as far as making the playoffs are concerned. Those three games are at White House, Greenbrier ("Homecoming"), & at Macon Co.

Sycamore has to win two of three games if they want to get to the postseason. I have a feeling they'll be just fine. Station Camp & Pearl Cohn play one another in week ten and that one may wind up deciding who wins Region 4-3A (although Greenbrier could still have a say in that race).

I assume you already know someone messed up the schedule shown. We play Cheatham for Homecoming.

Sycamore has struggled recently but they will certainly overmatch Harpeth. Is Halstead (sp?) still the head coach at SHS. I met Tharpe when he was there and he seemed like a great coach and I hope that Sycamore will continue doing well.

Why is it that Cheatham and Sycamore can be competitive in that county but Harpeth can't? I know it has do with the region they are in but why do SHS and CCHS beat Harpeth like a drum when they play. When was the last time HHS beat either one of them. It seems that some people are wanting to take up HHS but two schools in the same county seem to own them right now (and they are not private). Of course they can''t compete with Goodpasture, CPA, Lipscomb etc. but why do they get beat so bad by Cheatham and Sycamore?

Harpeth is 2A and the other two are 3A and Harpeth is in a down cycle, but they've won their fair share against Cheatham and Sycamore in the Matt Tant days and split with Sycamore and swept Cheatham in the last 2 years of middle school ball, so I think better days are ahead for the Indians who started either 5 or 6 freshmen on offense last Friday against CPA, including QB.

As far as being in the ABC private school region, that would rub anyone the wrong way just because of the rivalries they'd have to forfeit. Then the other two Cheatham County teams are put in separate regions in 3A. The in county games are basically meaningless as far as region is concerned. That stinks, plain and simple, but it's not the players fault and I haven't heard them griping about it.

Five classification football is just a money maker and that's about it. Five public classes, two private, 4 teams from each region goes to the playoffs. Yeah, it's all about money and spreading the gold balls around. I much preferred the old 3 class days just because of the rivalries and the first round playoff games were actually pretty good games. That was probably before you were born though!

Harpeth last beat Cheatham in 2002 and Sycamore in 2000 I believe. Big Country would know for sure.

Edited by ksgovols

I love the Same Harpeth people who get on here and talk crap are the same ones who do it during basketball season...

GROW UP

-My Pleasure

We've just got more crap to talk about during basketball season..... :rolleyes:

I haven't seen anybody talking crap. Harpeth is taking their lumps so far this football season. Noone has predicted any different from Harpeth's camp. We are going to region in basketball and baseball, so it's natural that a little more 'crap' would be 'talked'.

I want to say right here that I appreciate the seniors that have stuck it out over the last 4 years for Harpeth. They won't get to reap the rewards of their efforts but they have laid the foundation for the classes that will follow.

What rewards might they be? In my opinion, it was this group of seniors who began the downslide. Running off coaches by throwing dead animals in their yard is nothing to be commended for. It is amazing the difference between the basketball seniors and the football seniors, hmmm?

Edited by aj1133

We've just got more crap to talk about during basketball season..... :)

I haven't seen anybody talking crap. Harpeth is taking their lumps so far this football season. Noone has predicted any different from Harpeth's camp. We are going to region in basketball and baseball, so it's natural that a little more 'crap' would be 'talked'.

I want to say right here that I appreciate the seniors that have stuck it out over the last 4 years for Harpeth. They won't get to reap the rewards of their efforts but they have laid the foundation for the classes that will follow.

Great Foundation of lying,quitting,whinning,backstabbing,parent problems,discipline problems in school, skipping practice and on and on and on--must I say more :) Hope your house is not made of that same foundation

What rewards might they be? In my opinion, it was this group of seniors who began the downslide. Running off coaches by throwing dead animals in their yard is nothing to be commended for. It is amazing the difference between the basketball seniors and the football seniors, hmmm?

The difference is a little word that I would like to call "discipline". Wilson's basketball team has it while Loope's football team does not. Another word would be "committment". The parents run the show during the fall while the coaches do so during the winter and spring (I know Frasier is gone now).

It's truly amazing what those two things mean when it comes to winning and losing not only in athletics but in life as well :)

Well said. That was my point exactly! Commitment and discipline are the foundation for any athletics program. Without those components, it does not matter how many good athletes you have. If the kids are smoking and drinking on the weekends, coming and going from practice as they please, and hiding behind their parents when they are reprimanded, the football team will be lucky to win a game again until those things change.