Crockett County vs. Bolivar

crockettfan

augielio is probably the most knowledgeable person on these boards when it comes to west tn football......i know he is the oldest for sure :ph34r:

his resume speaks for itself.....and many times he probably is communicating on a higher level than most people on these boards would understand......

he coached hs for many years, scouted and was an educator for over 30 years....

i think he has even testified before the warren commission.......

and i do know that any coach in west tn who has coached for more than 20 years knows him.......

until somebody on these boards can top that....well when he speaks, a lot of people listen.....

which is something that i and many others should learn how to do....

but of course what do i know.....i was member number 870......and have only made 690 post.......i guess i got a lot more to learn...thank god

Man, I'm not questioning his knowledge of the game. I am however defending comments aimed toward a team I happen to know about.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a question.....does anybody know who the real life "Augielio" was?

To be quite honest, I could care less. I've got two or three guesses as he could be, but unless he wants to divluge himself to the masses of coachT, I won't venture.

That said, he may and probably does know football more than I, and if he coached for that long I hope to God he would know it more than I would. I've also read many a condensending posts by the man about and towards various people, issues, teams, etc. If he doesn't agree with you, he justs berades you. For him to just randomly point out Lexington and begin to degrade them was uncalled for. He had no reason or evidence to call out Region 6, Lexington, etc. Sorry, I don't care who you are, where you coached, or how long you coached, I'm not automatically respecting a man for those reasons. My respect is earned, not given.

That said, the poster who began this did nothing but post his opinion on Crockett Co. Unfortunately, this is a message board, and comments will be posted. I would even dare say there might be others in the world who agree with the poster! Nothing vulgar or deraugatory was said, merely his opinion on Crockett Co.'s long term viability. Football is also very popular, and many people are very knowledgable of the sport as opposed to times past. There are several people I know who do not coach for various reasons who would coach circles around the people on the sidelines on Friday nights. That is not to say Coach Pratt is not an excellent coach because I feel he is one of the 5 best in West TN, nor that Aueglio wasn't, because if he is one of the people in mind, then yes, he was/is an excellent coach.

Sorry for defending my alma mater.

Edited by Solomon

To be quite honest, I could care less. I've got two or three guesses as he could be, but unless he wants to divluge himself to the masses of coachT, I won't venture.

That said, he may and probably does know football more than I, and if he coached for that long I hope to God he would know it more than I would. I've also read many a condensending posts by the man about and towards various people, issues, teams, etc. If he doesn't agree with you, he justs berades you. For him to just randomly point out Lexington and begin to degrade them was uncalled for. He had no reason or evidence to call out Region 6, Lexington, etc. Sorry, I don't care who you are, where you coached, or how long you coached, I'm not automatically respecting a man for those reasons. My respect is earned, not given.

That said, the poster who began this did nothing but post his opinion on Crockett Co. Unfortunately, this is a message board, and comments will be posted. I would even dare say there might be others in the world who agree with the poster! Nothing vulgar or deraugatory was said, merely his opinion on Crockett Co.'s long term viability. Football is also very popular, and many people are very knowledgable of the sport as opposed to times past. There are several people I know who do not coach for various reasons who would coach circles around the people on the sidelines on Friday nights. That is not to say Coach Pratt is not an excellent coach because I feel he is one of the 5 best in West TN, nor that Aueglio wasn't, because if he is one of the people in mind, then yes, he was/is an excellent coach.

i think that everyone has a right to their opinion.....

and certainly has a right to defend their alma mater......

This is Augielio, who is really Wallace Milam, born in Huntingdon to a mother who graduated from LEXINGTON HIGH SCHOOL--long, long ago. Assistant coach at Dyersburg unde Jere Stripling, Tom Crawford, and Bobby Newby. I have revealed my name on these boards several times since I joined. In fact, I wish we didn't even use "usernames."

mg, the real "Augie Lio" was an end for Georgetown University in 1941, before even my time. He went on to play pro football and is in the Hall of Fame. Several years ago, while I was designing fictitious teams for one of the early computer football game companies, I needed a name, so I just kinda pulled that one out of I-don't-know-where and used it, liked it, and kept using it. (The real Mr. Lio has long since gone to the Big Gridiron in the Sky.)

Now, I want to apologize for setting off fireworks about Lexington and 6 3-A on a thread about Bolivar vs. Crockett County. It was a mistake and was counterproductive.

I am retired from teaching and so I have a lot of spare time. I watch a lot of tapes of teams, including most of the high school teams. I have an easy source and it is very insightful.

I didn't testify before the Warren Commission, but I did work for the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1977-78, looking into the deaths of JFK and MLK.

I testified a lot in those days, and also before the Assassinations Records Review Board.

I will have to accept at face value Solomon's statement that he knows guys who can coach circles around P. A. Pratt and James Counce. Counce is the best I've ever been around and we're extremely lucky to have him here in Dyersburg. I would also point out that these men who COULD coach circles around Pratt and Counce AREN'T--apparently, they aren't coaching at all, so we'll have to take Solomon's word for it.

Yes, it's true that my mother graduated from Lexington High School, probably around 1925-26.

Edited by Augielio

Lexington was last year's paper tiger, a fact which was exposed as soon as they got out of regional competition. Last year, this region had a losing record playing outside their region, and they do again this year.

LOL..that just made me fall out of my chair laughing!!! :rolleyes::D

Paper tigers?? How about Dyersburg? They swept their region and then lost in the first round against a #4 seed against a Memphis team. Get real. Don`t go bragging about "your" region and calling others paper tigers when your region seems to have one too.

Lexington not only had a schedule that was ranked tougher than Dyersburg, but they also beat the team that knocked D`burg out in the first round. Heck..I`m not even a Lexington fan but I can tell your opinions are biased and off base. Lexington may not have prepared right for DL, but that doesn`t mean they were a paper tiger. Paper tigers go 10-0 in the regular season and then lose to a team that only won 2 games in the regular season my friend. You owe the fine folks of Lexington an apology. They had avery good team last year.

I`d like to know how you think the regions should be divided. You seemingly complained about the politics and mg has staked his life on your expertise. So, I`m naturally curious as to how you think it should be. Thanks

This is Augielio, who is really Wallace Milam, born in Huntingdon to a mother who graduated from LEXINGTON HIGH SCHOOL--long, long ago. Assistant coach at Dyersburg unde Jere Stripling, Tom Crawford, and Bobby Newby. I have revealed my name on these boards several times since I joined. In fact, I wish we didn't even use "usernames."

mg, the real "Augie Lio" was an end for Georgetown University in 1941, before even my time. He went on to play pro football and is in the Hall of Fame. Several years ago, while I was designing fictitious teams for one of the early computer football game companies, I needed a name, so I just kinda pulled that one out of I-don't-know-where and used it, liked it, and kept using it. (The real Mr. Lio has long since gone to the Big Gridiron in the Sky.)

Now, I want to apologize for setting off fireworks about Lexington and 6 3-A on a thread about Bolivar vs. Crockett County. It was a mistake and was counterproductive.

I am retired from teaching and so I have a lot of spare time. I watch a lot of tapes of teams, including most of the high school teams. I have an easy source and it is very insightful.

I didn't testify before the Warren Commission, but I did work for the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1977-78, looking into the deaths of JFK and MLK.

I testified a lot in those days, and also before the Assassinations Records Review Board.

I will have to accept at face value Solomon's statement that he knows guys who can coach circles around P. A. Pratt and James Counce. Counce is the best I've ever been around and we're extremely lucky to have him here in Dyersburg. I would also point out that these men who COULD coach circles around Pratt and Counce AREN'T--apparently, they aren't coaching at all, so we'll have to take Solomon's word for it.

Yes, it's true that my mother graduated from Lexington High School, probably around 1925-26.

Glad to know your history. So please tell us, who killed JFK? And why'd you get out of coaching?

There are many knowledgable fans in the stands and on here now. Many do not go into coaching for various reasons. I can't answer for each and every one of them. So to answer the obvious question of why I didn't - I didn't want to deal with it. I am sure I would love the coaching, scheming/gameplanning, and working with the players, but I didn't want to deal with the parents, politics, and general ineptitudes of the public education system now. Many of the other people I know that I would feel would make great coaches feel the same. Some have broken, realized how much they loved it, and went back to coach the game and are doing quite well at it. I currently coach and direct a flag football league and will be doing the same in basketball very soon as well. This is my first go at football, but I've been doing baketball for about 8 years. I am quite content with what I do, get my coaching out that I got from my father, and feel that I get to make a difference in kid's lives.

I see you did it before I finished my post. good for you. I still disagree with your opinion however. I would love to know how you think Lexington was a paper tiger and not D`burg. You can PM me if you want.

Crockett crushes Bolivar by however much they want. Crockett is the real deal and no paper tiger.