Houston, Wooddale, and White Station

SCN08FearTheSpear

i completely agree kwc...if ridgeway doesnt develop an aerial attack then they wont make it...but everyone needs to understand that the passing game doesnt have to even throw for over 100 yds per game...it jsut needs to be effective enough to give AC some running room (and he doesnt need much), but understand they are tryng to replace last years starter and no one else has even seen any qb duty except for ab the 5th or 6th game last year and finding a good replacement wont happen overnight but it will come and ridgeway will be back in the mix again.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the "all for not" comment vehemently. Unless Ridgeway develops a passing attack, they are in trouble. Yes, they have the Best RB in Memphis, and some would say the state. And yes ... they have the best kicker in the state. And Yes, they have a quality defense ... that got it's third shutout of the season against Bolton last week. Germantown, Houston, White Station, Collierville, Whitehaven, and Wooddale are all much better teams then what Ridgeway faces in 7-5A, with the exception of Millington perhaps ... whom Ridgeway plays on Oct. 6. You don't get through those schools WITHOUT being able to pass. Period. Ridgeway will have to beat, at the very least, two of those six to make it out of Memphis, more then likely though, three of them. They won't, if they are 1 dimensional offensively.

I agree kwc

but in response to the topic...houston is still unproven and will remain so until they beat anyone with any type of team, but white station and g-town are always there but they usually end up meeting eachother in the playoffs and knock one another off, but they are always there and wooddale is in the same boat as ridgeway...until they develop a running game and a defense to go along with roderick davis then they will be in toruble...defense is the key (just look at teh way ridgeway shut them down last year)

i dont necessarily agree with you about the millington game being a super tough one for ridgeway...granted they will be the best team rhs plays until playoff time, but in two games last year they scored a combined 0 pts offensively...and ridgeways passing game wasnt there, but we punded the rock with crawford and ended up way on top...look for the same result (prob not as much offense from the ridgeway side but the defensive game form ridgeay will be like deja vu).

This is region 8-5A ... the SEC of Tenn high school football. No team in Tenneessee High school footbal would come through this region undefeated, year in and year out. This is the strongest region in Tenneessee in high school football bar none. You are clueless SCN08FearTheSpear ... 8 team league with 6 quality teams and 2 creampuffs. They beat up on each other every year. I don't care WHAT you say or how you respond ... You don't know and never will.

The thing about this region is that you may come in and win the region, however to have a team to come in and dominate year in and year out will not happen. You have too many great coaches in this region and athletes who flow through thier system year in and year out.

but in response to the topic...houston is still unproven and will remain so until they beat anyone with any type of team, but white station and g-town are always there but they usually end up meeting eachother in the playoffs and knock one another off, but they are always there and wooddale is in the same boat as ridgeway...until they develop a running game and a defense to go along with roderick davis then they will be in toruble...defense is the key (just look at teh way ridgeway shut them down last year)

i dont necessarily agree with you about the millington game being a super tough one for ridgeway...granted they will be the best team rhs plays until playoff time, but in two games last year they scored a combined 0 pts offensively...and ridgeways passing game wasnt there, but we punded the rock with crawford and ended up way on top...look for the same result (prob not as much offense from the ridgeway side but the defensive game form ridgeay will be like deja vu).

Playa,

There were all sorts of rumors going around before the season started that Crawford was going to transfer to another school.Obviously he did not transfer. Was there anything to that rumor or just wishfull thinking for ridgeway opponents?

KDub, It is not hard to see that 5A region 8 is a tough region. A team can come out with three to four losses and still be a good team. Any attempted due diligence wil recognize it SCN08FearTheSpear looks like he ran out of things to do today and wanted to see if he could stir some stuff up. :thumb:

:rolleyes: no not tryong to stirr anything up just asjing about it and trying to get some response to find out and i did

White Station has possibly the best Linebacking corp in the state (only probably JCM would rival them I think) with Vandy commitment Chris Marve, fellow D1 prospect Brandon Boykin, and junior D1 prospect Jordon Yarborough.

They also have a promising quarterback in Jeff Link and a good receiver/DB in Trey Rich and some more talent.

Wooddale's got tons of talent as well.

Playa,

There were all sorts of rumors going around before the season started that Crawford was going to transfer to another school.Obviously he did not transfer. Was there anything to that rumor or just wishfull thinking for ridgeway opponents?

no there was no truth...there was a lot of word going around about him going to melrose (he began his 9th grade year there), but it was competely untrue...probably wouldnt have been able to play if he did so, but there was no truth at all to that.

ok, so i've seen houston play a few games and they are not that great of a team, Matt Gilbert the running back is the only player on that team that is any good. As for the rest of the region, Whitstation, GTown and Wooddale are the 2 best teams by far, and whoever said that this region is the toughest in the state is a complete moron, b/c Wooddale hasn't done nething untill the last few years or so, GTown has been the dominant team year in a year out until about 2 years ago, and Whitestation went from a string of losing seasons untill 3 years ago, Whitehaven has been consistantly mediocre as well. Untill the last few years, this region has not been worth a darn w/ the exception of GTown. None of these teams play consistently year in a year out, i bet GTown or Whitestation win the region, the other coming in second, Wooddale 3rd, and houston loses to Gtown, WStation, Wooddale, and WHaven and ends up in 5th behind Whitehaven

ok, so i've seen houston play a few games and they are not that great of a team, Matt Gilbert the running back is the only player on that team that is any good. As for the rest of the region, Whitstation, GTown and Wooddale are the 2 best teams by far, and whoever said that this region is the toughest in the state is a complete moron, b/c Wooddale hasn't done nething untill the last few years or so, GTown has been the dominant team year in a year out until about 2 years ago, and Whitestation went from a string of losing seasons untill 3 years ago, Whitehaven has been consistantly mediocre as well. Untill the last few years, this region has not been worth a darn w/ the exception of GTown. None of these teams play consistently year in a year out, i bet GTown or Whitestation win the region, the other coming in second, Wooddale 3rd, and houston loses to Gtown, WStation, Wooddale, and WHaven and ends up in 5th behind Whitehaven

CBHSfootball60, I see that you are a purple wave fan. First, what is it about your league that says consistant. YOur state champion team (MUS) has only been good within the last 2 years, I can recently remember my WHitehaven team just manhandling MUS when we played them (ex. Bridges Classic) two or three years straight. Second, ECS and Briarcrest are very much averge or below average. Briarcrest suffers a defeat every time they are in the classic. The only teams that have been CONSISTANTLY good are Brentwood Ac., MBA, and your team CBHS. I have seen CBHS play this year, and I have seen Wooddale, WHite STation, and G-town play this year. I can honestly say that CBHS can NOT beat any of the three. I can say that with confidence. I have said this and I will say this again, if you are not South Panola or HOOVER, Ala. you will not come in and dominate year in and year out. THis league's coaching will not allow it. Also, what is with the private schools and their playoff system-Come to 5A and get taught a lesson on playoff competion.