Houston, Wooddale, and White Station

SCN08FearTheSpear

Ridgeway is coming out of this area come playoff time. Will Hudgens had one of the best arms in TN when he was there and they still only threw the ball 5 times a game. They have the same game plan as the Pittsburgh Steelers. They play smash mouth football on Offense where they run about 90 % of the time to control the clock. Then they just shut down teams from the defensive side of the ball. Now they are going to have to pass some to keep 9 men out of the box, but people are making too much out of the starting QB being gone. And News Flash, PAPAWOFBOO, Ridgeway has been running the same offense for years and have been one of the more successful teams in the city. How dare you come on here and criticize a player from a team that you seem to be pulling for. You make it sound like Cooley picked a kid up off the street to play QB. Ridgeway will be fine. They have a great defense, running back, and offensive line. I see them doing well come state time.

I don't think you understood my last post so I'm going to make this one simple.

We have 5 weeks to prove to region 8 that they cannot stack the defense on us. The best way to do this is to COMPLETE passes (1 for 6 for minus 1 yard not going to do it).

Will, Torie and Ryan could all do this and that make the running game much better. Cooley has had 2 weeks to work with the young man and I have plenty of faith in Cooley to get it fixed.

Now for the Steelers, they are 1-2, they also have a problem with the qb.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Sherdog...the kid playing QB now was the 2nd/3rd string QB last year and saw very limited time at QB b/c he also played tight end...the coaches will give him enough resources to do enough to get the win...and really what he needs to know how to do best is hand off to #32 and he will be ok...just complete one every once in a while and we will be straight...this kid can do the job if he has the time from the O-Line.

Please explain to me how 5 is suppose to block 8?????????

I don't think you understood my last post so I'm going to make this one simple.

We have 5 weeks to prove to region 8 that they cannot stack the defense on us. The best way to do this is to COMPLETE passes (1 for 6 for minus 1 yard not going to do it).

Will, Torie and Ryan could all do this and that make the running game much better. Cooley has had 2 weeks to work with the young man and I have plenty of faith in Cooley to get it fixed.

Now for the Steelers, they are 1-2, they also have a problem with the qb.

but their qb almost died and had a apendectomy we have a healthy one who just needs to learn...and our sschedule will allow him to leanr enoguyh to get by before the playoffs.

PAPAWOFBOO, the same way all teams block running plays when 8 are in the box. You think Shaun Alexander only has to run against 4 guys on the defensive side of the ball? Do you think when Will played we never saw 8 in the box? Sure we did and we still managed to win a state championship. Oh and don't the Pittsburgh Steelers have a super bowl ring? I can't remember if they won it last year or not.

Please explain to me how 5 is suppose to block 8?????????

in the rhs blocking scheme (and believe me i know it better than anyone does) the rbs stay in to block to help the line out and with all the clutter of 15 people plus the qb in the pocket there is time...do you htink we never had to pass block against 8 last year? Sure we gave up some sacks, but that happens...last year's line did it why can't this one?

I dont think the line play is as bad as everyone is making it sound like,yes you have two new starters on the line,and yes they arent going to come in and be able to play at the level of the two guys that they replaced.I mean they was both 3 yr starters.The line is good enough to get the job done.I see ridgeway being alot like Memphis last year,great running back,having to play 3rd string qb.The only difference is this is high school and most high schools dont depend on the pass as much.rhsplaya55 said in earlier post all the qb has to do is complete a couple of passes to keep the defence honest and give AC just a little room.WE Will Be OK.

I dont think the line play is as bad as everyone is making it sound like,yes you have two new starters on the line,and yes they arent going to come in and be able to play at the level of the two guys that they replaced.I mean they was both 3 yr starters.The line is good enough to get the job done.I see ridgeway being alot like Memphis last year,great running back,having to play 3rd string qb.The only difference is this is high school and most high schools dont depend on the pass as much.rhsplaya55 said in earlier post all the qb has to do is complete a couple of passes to keep the defence honest and give AC just a little room.WE Will Be OK.

yes they will

PAPAWOFBOO, the same way all teams block running plays when 8 are in the box. You think Shaun Alexander only has to run against 4 guys on the defensive side of the ball? Do you think when Will played we never saw 8 in the box? Sure we did and we still managed to win a state championship. Oh and don't the Pittsburgh Steelers have a super bowl ring? I can't remember if they won it last year or not.

Will would have passed for a national high school record against the defense that Bolton threw at us.

How many times did you run a goal line offense from your side of the 50 to get a first down????? I'm not talking one play, I talking every play in the 4th quarter.

Yes, I know about the Super Bowl. It was last year............ What's your point??????????

in the rhs blocking scheme (and believe me i know it better than anyone does) the rbs stay in to block to help the line out and with all the clutter of 15 people plus the qb in the pocket there is time...do you htink we never had to pass block against 8 last year? Sure we gave up some sacks, but that happens...last year's line did it why can't this one?

I know you played last year and that you know the scheme. But every play it was stacked against us. At the snap they just flooded us on every play. Never seen #32 tackled behind the line that many times. When was the last time that we had a minus passing yards???

Friday night will tell us alot.

I don't know how long you've been watching Ridegway play, but even when Will played and 8 men were in the box we didn't throw much. I know that Crawford is having a horrible year...... oh wait isn't he towards the top of the city in rushing? I agree that the QB needs to play better but don't make it sound like Ridgeway is awful because they're not.