Memphis East football NEW DIRECTION?

wtnoff

I've been working games in the west tn area for 12 years and I've never witnessed

such a decline in a program all most over night. What's going on in the inside. I had a former crew member work the east melrose game and the report was east could hardly line up right muchless stop a melrose team that put over 50 points on the board.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working games in the west tn area for 12 years and I've never witnessed

such a decline in a program all most over night. What's going on in the inside. I had a former crew member work the east melrose game and the report was east could hardly line up right muchless stop a melrose team that put over 50 points on the board.

You, and anybody who knows anything about high school football in Memphis knows what's going on. They fired the man unjustly, and replaced him with incompetence. Stevie Wonder can see what's going on! It's only going to get worse. I'm going to go this far with it. Next year ... all the athletes, who were suppose to go to East, will end up on different rosters, and the year after that ... and so on and so forth until East turns into another Northside. Just my opinion.

You, and anybody who knows anything about high school football in Memphis knows what's going on. They fired the man unjustly, and replaced him with incompetence. Stevie Wonder can see what's going on! It's only going to get worse. I'm going to go this far with it. Next year ... all the athletes, who were suppose to go to East, will end up on different rosters, and the year after that ... and so on and so forth until East turns into another Northside. Just my opinion.

On the bright side, they appear to have been more competitive in the Fairley game last weekend. Fortunate for East, 4A region 8 is not very good overall, so it is not far fetched that they could make the playoffs before an early exit.

On the bright side, they appear to have been more competitive in the Fairley game last weekend. Fortunate for East, 4A region 8 is not very good overall, so it is not far fetched that they could make the playoffs before an early exit.

Yeah that's true, but I still think they are headed towards a SMU-like dicline, after they got hit with the death penalty. We will see. It will be a total shame if that happens.

If they do make the playoffs lets hope they can make a date with Munford wouldn't that be a game that you would want to see? The Principal that wanted to take his program into a new direction and the coach who did take his program and new school out of the darkness and into the light. Being cougarmike and a long time supporter I must say that we're glad to have him and that you don't! As for the future of East high football program who cares. Melrose will own the league as they have the last several years the only difference is that it want be challenged by East in close games that could go either way. Instead it's replaced by 50 point blow outs. You can hear the chears of Fairley, Kingsbury, and Raliegh Egypt that will now be able to fight it out for 2,3, and 4. So good luck to all and I'm personally happy to have a coach at Munford that will give us a chance to play after week ten no matter if we're on the road or at home because it's been a long dry time since we seen the post season.

Yeah that's true, but I still think they are headed towards a SMU-like dicline, after they got hit with the death penalty. We will see. It will be a total shame if that happens.

Ouch!!!! KDub :thumb: SMU NEVER came back from that. Living in the Dallas area, I see how bad SMU football is viewed now. I hope East fairs better. That is a heck of an analogy.

Guest hustle101

If they do make the playoffs lets hope they can make a date with Munford wouldn't that be a game that you would want to see? The Principal that wanted to take his program into a new direction and the coach who did take his program and new school out of the darkness and into the light. Being cougarmike and a long time supporter I must say that we're glad to have him and that you don't! As for the future of East high football program who cares. Melrose will own the league as they have the last several years the only difference is that it want be challenged by East in close games that could go either way. Instead it's replaced by 50 point blow outs. You can hear the chears of Fairley, Kingsbury, and Raliegh Egypt that will now be able to fight it out for 2,3, and 4. So good luck to all and I'm personally happy to have a coach at Munford that will give us a chance to play after week ten no matter if we're on the road or at home because it's been a long dry time since we seen the post season.

Now, cougar mike don't be too hard on the Principal from East!!! Remember he is the reason that Munford's program is doing so well. He has personally supplied you with a complete coaching staff and players that deserive a chance to play for their future. This is all a positive! Kids get out of Memphis and the coaching staff gets out of Memphis City Schools. There is a Santa Claus!!!!!!

East plays Millington tonight to the dismay of Mustang fans the new direction will be taking them up highway 51 to a homecoming killing at Millington. I see 1-4 just hours away. The principal was right it is a new direction, for East last year after this game was 4-1. It does my heart good to see a man realize his dream.

Will East even make the playoffs?

East plays Millington tonight to the dismay of Mustang fans the new direction will be taking them up highway 51 to a homecoming killing at Millington. I see 1-4 just hours away. The principal was right it is a new direction, for East last year after this game was 4-1. It does my heart good to see a man realize his dream.

Good question ... let's look at their schedule:

Memphis East Mustangs

Fri Aug. 25 Wooddale N Fairgrounds L 14-37

Fri Sep. 1 at Melrose R L 6-58

Fri Sep. 8 Craigmont N at Melrose W 41-22

Fri Sep. 15 Fairley N R at Melrose L 6-8

Fri Sep. 22 at Millington

Thu Sep. 28 Memphis Northside N R Greenhill

Fri Oct. 6 Jackson North Side N at Melrose

Fri Oct. 13 at Kingsbury R Fairgrounds

Fri Oct. 20 Mitchell N at Melrose

Fri Oct. 27 at Raleigh Egypt R

They have Memphis Northside, Kingsbury, and Raleigh Egypt left for region play. They have already lost region games to Melrose and Fairley. I think they beat Northside becuase they are about as bad as you can get. Kingsbury will beat them. That leaves Raleigh Egypt. The winner of the East/Raleigh Egypt game gets the 4th seed in my opinion. That's how I see it going. What does anybody else think?

Memphis East Mustangs

They have Memphis Northside, Kingsbury, and Raleigh Egypt left for region play. They have already lost region games to Melrose and Fairley. I think they beat Northside becuase they are about as bad as you can get. Kingsbury will beat them. That leaves Raleigh Egypt. The winner of the East/Raleigh Egypt game gets the 4th seed in my opinion. That's how I see it going. What does anybody else think?

Memphis East Mustangs

I agree except East can beat The falcons if they stack the run.

I am good friends with the secondary coach at East and these are their issues.

No matter what their passer rating was last year this is a team that was built to run over the past 10 years.

Their QB plays safety and was hurt in the Wooddale game tackling a 230 pound TE.

The coach has overcomplicated the plays. He played at Miami and is tring to use their offensive and defensive playbook. Over 60 pages.. Needs to dumb it down and just focus on scoring and tackling.

This will be a bad year for them but one year does not make a program

BG