Memphis East football NEW DIRECTION?

wtnoff

I agree except East can beat The falcons if they stack the run.

I am good friends with the secondary coach at East and these are their issues.

No matter what their passer rating was last year this is a team that was built to run over the past 10 years.

Their QB plays safety and was hurt in the Wooddale game tackling a 230 pound TE.

The coach has overcomplicated the plays. He played at Miami and is tring to use their offensive and defensive playbook. Over 60 pages.. Needs to dumb it down and just focus on scoring and tackling.

This will be a bad year for them but one year does not make a program

BG

I agree one year does not make a program. I saw East play several times over the last few years and the Mustangs have always been a run first style offense which opened up the pass and allowed them to control the clock and thus the game

against most teams. Is the new plan to turn East into a more pass based offense?

I believe that the mustangs will most likely end up in the 4 spot which as it looks now will put them traveling either to Henry Co. or to Munford. That would be a big game East vs Munford. I think Henry and Munford are tied for first place in region 7 so the winner of their game is a game up in the region and will host the 4 from region 8. I think I would travel north to see East square off against their old coach! What do you think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will East make the playoffs and what will they be?

So far East has one region win which was against winless Northside. Their playoff hopes rest in their last two region games against Raleigh Egypt and Kingsbury. At best, they can be a third seed. East is currently 1-2 in the region with the 2 losses against Melrose and Fairley. We still may get that Munford-East matchup that would be watched with interest.:ph34r:

How do you see region 8 taking shape for the playoffs? What matchups do you see? Munford and Henry Co. should finish 1 and 2 if they don't trip up. The rest is still to unclear. As for the Munford-East match up that would be an event, would fans from Memphis travel to see it?

Edited by cougarmike

How do you see region 8 taking shape for the playoffs? What matchups do you see? Munford and Henry Co. should finish 1 and 2 if they don't trip up. The rest is still to unclear. As for the Munford-East match up that would be an event, would fans from Memphis travel to see it?

The first two spots are pretty much locked with Melrose - 1st, Fairley - 2nd. The 3rd place leader is currently Raleigh Egypt. East and Kingsbury are in battle for 4th. However Raleigh and East have not played yet. If East can defeat Raleigh, they have a good shot at 3rd. East has yet to play Kingsbury which further complicates the mix for the last two spots.

• 2 weeks later...

With East taking down Kingsbury it comes down to East and Raliegh Egypt for the 3 and 4 spot. Memphis East is better than Egypt and should beat them, however Egypt has gone back to the wing, or so I've hear, and should be better than the 70-0 score from last year. That would put East going to Paris, Henry Co., and Egypt going to Munford. Good luck to all.

East is getting better every week. They are not the same team from the first half of the season. I know the competition has declined, but the way in which they have been winning has opened my eyes. They have held back in the forth quarter in their last three games. JV played the fourth quarter against Northside and some against Kingsbury. All I can say is wait and see. They will be the third seed in Region 8, but in my opinion they are clearly at least the second best team in the region.

I was talking about Memphis Northside. I apologize for not being clear.

I saw Memphis Northside play at Munford and they are truely terrible. Our JV played after the first ten min. Memphis East first round game will likely be Henry Co. how do you think they can do against a big physical team like Henry Co.? I agree East is getting better it sounds like they avg. about 300yds a game on offense. Also a lot of peaple have been talking about a possible East-Munford matchup what do you think?